Thanks

Quentin Tarantino to make new Jason movie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4332641.stm

can't wait for some surf guitar, drugs, and dismemberment

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yes he is a master in the art of writting and directing fun, action-packed, plot twisting, and intriguing movies, but has he ever done anything scary???? I want to see a scary friday the 13th movie again like 1-4.

Thanks
    Sounds interesting! Let's just hope he doesn't cast himself anywhere in it.

Thanks
    I had just about finished an awesome thesis-style paper here, complete with footnotes and bibliography defending Tarantino as an awesome writer/director who would do, as what Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction did for crime/dancing movies and the Kill Bill flicks did for American kungfu/samurai homage films, push the horror genre to it's absolute limits. Then I remembered From Dusk till Dawn. While it wasn't awful (Hayek nummy), it wasn't really that scary.

And damn can't I write a hell of a run-on sentence.
    As Lord Cardigan said to the Light Brigade, "Just canter down the valley toward Balaklava, fellows. Nothing to worry about." -W.E.B. Griffin

Thanks
    Tarantino didn't direct Dusk til Dawn, but he did write the screenplay... Robert Rodriguez directed it. I thought the dialogue in the movie was great, but the pacing and action were only somewhat decent.

Thanks
    That might be cool - but it could also suck. they definetly need someone a little "edgy" to resurrect (pun) the Jason movies from completely shit.
    i thought he was going to do Kill Bill 3 ..?

Thanks
    According to the industry newspaper, New Line had been trying to make another sequel involving Ash, the hero of the Evil Dead movies, but was unable to agree terms with director Sam Raimi.
    DAMMIT! sam raimi has upset me greatly, it would kick so much ass, if ash returned! i loved the Evil Dead Movies!

but quentin tarantino directing another jason movie? i dunno how that will go, but it will be very interesting to see how he will manage to pull such a stunt.
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    i thought his next project was either gonna be Unglorios Bastards or Vega Brothers. whatever it turns out to be it will be good.

Thanks
    Speaking of Evil Dead ...now I swear I am not starting rumours...I actually heard this from more than 2 people. Yes they probably heard it the same place but just hear me out:

Supposedly ..and i don't really believe it.....they are going to make a movie with Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.
    That's what I heard...I can't ever see this movie being made or how it could even be comprehensive...but a rumour has been planted out there in that vast internet web thingy

Thanks
    I'd like a real plot this time, perhaps more use of non visual horror cues rather than just bloody gore which isn't very scary. I always find things like silence, quick reflections in mirrors, sounds, etc much more scary.

I don't get why someone just doesn't cremate his body after they kill him for the umpteenth time. They always find some stupid way to bring him back. Him and Mr. Myers.

Thanks
    No comments for now, not the biggest Tarantino fan.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by loomer
    Supposedly ..and i don't really believe it.....they are going to make a movie with Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.
    That's what I heard...I can't ever see this movie being made or how it could even be comprehensive...but a rumour has been planted out there in that vast internet web thingy
    That was the plan but now they have decided to a Jason only movie (most likely because of Quentin's involvement).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    freddie vs. jason. vs. ash is not gonna be made because sam raimi refuses to involve ash in such a production. atleast that's what i read.
    i dunno much about tarantino films,so far i've only seen pulp fiction and that kicked ass. i need to see kill bill,i want to see it badly because trailers and stuff looked kickass.
    would be cool if tarantino made it like in pulp fiction with all the flashbacks and stuff so you're hung at the most interesting moment and just later get to know what happens after that.
    (also i have seen none of those slasher movies because i find them stupid)
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    I think its awesome that tarantino is taking on a horror flick! I hope its a more serious movie...something like donnie darko mixed with his genius vision would be great to see....no cheesy moments!!

Thanks
    It's not gonna happen too bad so sad..... http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8755