Thanks

Wacom Intuos1 Owners please read

Hi there,
    I just bought a serial Intuos1 from Ebay and it doesn't work. Model GD0608R serial with WinXP Pro. Latest Drivers 478-6-ger from Wacom Website. The LED always stays red. Only when Windows starts up it shortly flashes to green, then it stays red. No reaction when i put the pen on the tablet. Same when pressing button or erasing. When I start the Wacom Tab in "Systemsteuerung"(German) it says that the tool doesn't recognize any Wacom tools. Tried to de/reinstall drivers - nothing happens. I connected the tablet with the same drivers to another computer with Win98- the same result. Shouldn't react the LED(red to green) all the time when i put the pen onto the tablet even if no drivers were installed? Is this a sign that the board or pen is broken? Any Solutions?

2nd Question: There is no warranty seal at the table!?. Maybe the one who sold it to me has removed it- where is it normally located?

I am getting nervous...

Svenjo

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    send it away to get it fixed. send it back to wacom. since its not under warentee you might have to pay some out of pocket.

Thanks
    Actually sounds like you have a bad pen. If Windows shows 'tableuser' running in processes, the tablet is there and working, just not reading the pen.

My roommate had the same problem with an Ebay bought Wacom, the pen came bad, and once he picked up a new one off Wacom's site, everything worked fine.

You should still be able to order just a pen kit from Wacom for the older models on the site.
    Dead dog for sale - Skulldog Studio - Sketch Journal

Thanks

My pen/tablet seems to be broken

Thanks for your comments.

I posted a message into the wacom.com forum. Wacom send me a mail with a testprogram called escom. They said that sometimes if errors occur you have to recalibrate your tablet with that tool. you can also check if theres any incoming data of the tablet, to check wether it's working correctly.

my tablet doesn't response, so the pen or the tablet seems to be broken