+1 to new guy & Tattoo Q
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: +1 to new guy & Tattoo Q

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

+1 to new guy & Tattoo Q

Hello all

Nice to finally have a reason to join the boards, Ive been peeking at them for a while now.

Ive finally decided after about 7 years of searching for one I really like to get a tattoo.
    The image was randomly found by a friend, who doesn't remember the site she saw it on but she knew Ive been looking for one and sent it across, I really like it. The Monkey

I want to get this tattooed on my back but it looks really awesome but the edges are a little crusty and the tail is a little out of wack. Ive tried cleaning it up in PhotoShop with limited success.

I dont really know if this is the kind of place to seek help in cleaning up the image but for something that will be permanently on me I want it to look really good.

My art skills dont really extend to drawing I'm more of a photography and video person so any pointers would be most appreciated.

And in case anyone is wondering yes I'm dyslexic and I spelt the Nick wrong on purpose.

Jas

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A good tattoo artist should be able to change it up to what you want, and make it work as a good tattoo. Don't be afraid to talk to look around for a good artist, check out their portfolios (reputable shops have them for everyone to see)... and don't be afraid to tell them exactly what you want. And, don't go to a shop for the price, go for the quality of their work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i know a friend of mine who is a tatoo artist and does tatoos for a good 20 bucks. He isn't licensed either...he does tatoos for people in his basement...iknow it sounds suspicious but this dude is good, i'm getting my german eagle on my right tricep soon. not only that...i plan to get a lower middle lip ring.

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey muffin, enjoy your hepatitus c... you pay 20 bucks for a tattoo, you get what you pay for.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cotron
    A good tattoo artist should be able to change it up to what you want, and make it work as a good tattoo. Don't be afraid to talk to look around for a good artist, check out their portfolios (reputable shops have them for everyone to see)... and don't be afraid to tell them exactly what you want. And, don't go to a shop for the price, go for the quality of their work.
    Yeah Totally agree my first and only tattoo will be done by the guy that did this one for a friend it looks amazing.

Hes a good reputable artist I just would like to get the edges tidied up and the tail fixed as it doesnt appear to have an end point.

Also the hands look a little strange I was wondering if any of the pencil artists here would be able to clean it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslxeic Monkey
    Hes a good reputable artist I just would like to get the edges tidied up and the tail fixed as it doesnt appear to have an end point.
    Also the hands look a little strange I was wondering if any of the pencil artists here would be able to clean it up.
    You're gonna be better off asking him to change it, rather than asking someone here to do it. After all, he's gonna be doing the tattoo, and he's getting paid to do it. If he's a good artist, he shouldn't have any problem making it look the way you want it to.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.