Advice?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Advice?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Advice?

Hey all,

Some of you may know me from here and there are things I'd like feedback from on about and it's in regards to guru.com. How many of you have had any working experience through them?
    I recently had an episode with a client/employer from there who wanted an inker for a comic book which he claimed got major reviews and attention from the press from Florida, etc as a well known iconic character and that my style was close to what he wanted. However, he said he would'nt divulge the name of the title or the kind of character (genre,theme, etc) and asked for my time and talent. I asked for pencilled samples so I could ink them and give him an idea if I'm the best fit.
    He claimed he was going to scan them and send it to me....he never did.
    He then closed the bidding job on guru.com and awarded the project to no one until two days ago, out of the blue when he emailed this to me:

< ?I need you to do a sample of a man animal mix. A human body with some sort of animal's head. I would like him to be hulking and muscular. We're down to the wire now. If you're interested, I'd like to see this as soon as possible. Tony>>

His original messages to me before all this was:

<
    Adam, Your roll would consist of time and talent only. I would be willing to share proceeds in just about any way you would see fit. I would send you samples of what I have from the original release and it would be up to you to redo the character and make a few pages I suppose. Different publishers want different things.

Tony>>

And this:

--Hi Adam, I didn't go that far north. It was distributed nationally by Capital. The northernmost comic-con I was invited to was N. Carolina. It is possible you heard of it, who knows. The book has a popular theme that can be marketed in a lot of ways. The main character is what got all the attention. Please don't misunderstand...but I would rather not reveal the nature of the character until I have an agreement with someone.
    Sincerely Tony--

I don't know if any of you know Tony from Viper Studios? I need to find out if he's the real deal or not.
    There's also a local client in my area whom I think is dodging me or playing games when he should be taking his business seriously. That's a separate story to tell and I wish I had a rep that would do the talking for me than being "taken for a ride". Kind of wish Cleveland had something of an agency rep here..not sure where :/.

Thanks!

Adam

PS. Do any of you know of any hearing-impaired or deaf concept artists on this board or if there are some of them in the industry? I ask because I'm one myself.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

btw

I would'nt say I'm that deaf but hard of hearing...if that makes sense..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is his name tony garza?

http://www.vipercomics.com/default.asp

this is the nearest thing I could find

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Odd

Quote Originally Posted by young paddy1
    is his name tony garza?

http://www.vipercomics.com/default.asp

this is the nearest thing I could find
    This is odd because Tony claimed to be in his 50s. If it was THAT Tony Garza, he would've had the funds to hire me..but this Tony I'm referring to..did'nt sound like he had anything to back up. He's from Florida, apparently...so...

This is the site he's apparently from: http://evula.org/viper37/

-Adam

PS. Those Viper Comic guys got some neat stuff going there..the Garza Bros...that is.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.