CALLING ALL INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS: Need SPECIFIC advice for a CA portfolio!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation CALLING ALL INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS: Need SPECIFIC advice for a CA portfolio!

Greetings all!

I've been out of the loop here at CA.org for awhile. Some of you may know or remember me from ages past...if so hello to all of you! Life just happens I guess and you make time for the things that are important!

I searched for a related thread but couldn't find one, and actually posted this first in an inappropriate spot. Anyway, long story short, I've GLADLY been laid off from my stupid corporate job and have several months to spend honing my portfolio. It's definitely lacking in many areas to achieve my goal of getting an artist position at some entertainment based company, probably a video game house. I feel I have the skill and motivation to pull it off but am lacking a more focused direction to reach my objective!

So, any professionals out there who could give me a synopsis of what I need to have, the elements I should include, in my portfolio would be greatly appreciated! Any sites you could point me to that are good examples of what people are looking for, maybe your own portfolio? I think I've come up with some very basic categories to include and if they're good maybe people could expand on them in more detail?

Environments
    Characters/Creatures
    Props/Weapons
    Vehicles
    Textures

I don't wish to sound elitist in any way, but I'd really only like those who actually have an artist/concept position, those who have the background, to reply to this post. I appreciate support and encouragment, but my intention is to get really serious about this and stay on point. Please feel free to refernece my website in any way if you think it would be beneficial. Thanks in advance for all your help!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What position are you gunning for ? Concept artist ?
    Here's a little thing I wrote a while ago. Maybe that'll help.

P.S.: there are tons of posts on this subject in the forum. WTH ? ;p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks egerie! I appreciate your input! I know there's a lot of threads in and around this topic, but I thought I'd start my own as I hope to post some of my progress in this same thread as well. Also many of them are quite nebulous and not extremely direct or detail oriented.

Thanks again!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.