Painter 6 - Trial Download
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Painter 6 - Trial Download

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter 6 - Trial Download

Hi,

I've spent about the last, 6-7 hours trying to find a Corel Painter 6 Trial download. I've eaten google alive and still nothing. Been through abought 100 PC Format disc's seeing if there was a free trail on there but nope, nothing.

Does anyone know if Corel will still have it up for download if I ask them nicely? If not does anyone have a link of where I can get the free trial from?

Last edited by Alex[RM-UK]; March 1st, 2005 at 02:48 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know corel 9 is up at there site.
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...wnloads/Trials

He who asks is a fool for five minutes,
    but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Starting over.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeh I know Corel 9 is out, I have that Trial. I would like to try Corel Painter 6 though and I can't find it anywhere, even ebays let me down.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey

I honestly would be that bothered about getting painter 6 - is it for the watercolor? Painter 9 is an amazing versatile program, and i bet u it can do everything painter 6 can, and its a better interface.

Why u so interested?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've seen alot of people have said it's better for the glow brush (Which I like using, when ever I use it in Painter 9 it comes out all distorted) and I would just like to try it for my self and see the differences between the two.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can take a screen shot of the Painter 6 Glow settings if you want. When I tried the Painter 9 demo, I went back and forth trying to match my settings on things like the captured bristle brush under Acrylic and 2b pencil. I'm at work right now and get off late tonight.

*UPDATE

Here are the default settings. Hope it helps.

Last edited by rogfa; March 2nd, 2005 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Thanks very much for that. I just tried it now, but the brush still seems to be distorted on mine. Could it be the way the new painter handles the brushes? When ever I use it to brush, it comes out all stuttery and when finished, the whole thing just looks like a blurry splodge .

I emailed Corel last night, and they said Corel Painter 6 is no longer avaiable for download. Does anyone know how much it is to buy and where I can deffintaly get it from? I've tried Ebay, Amazon, Pricegrabber all thoses sort of things. There all 'Out of stock' or 'Unavaible'

I really want to try painter 6 and see the difference, because if it does work better than what Im using, I will beable to try what I want.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey

Your only gonna find it second hand. Metacreations made painter 6 and then it changed to procreate at V7 or something, now its corel.

Can u post a pic of this splodgy stuff? I've never had any bother with the glow brush in painter 9 or 7.

What effect are you trying to achieve? Maybe photoshop could do something similar?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Refer to this topic for the problem: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39461

I'm trying to create a sky, and ground. But I think I've just found a way of getting around using the glow brush for it. Im now using a airbrush. This is how it turned out :

(This is not the problem wtih the glow brush, this is usign airbrush)

But it turns out really blurry, does anyone know how to create a good looking land and sky with clouds. I've been trying for along time. But my sky turns out blurry and my ground. My clouds turn out like blobs stuck on to the picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think the problem is the brush variants (from what I gather here).

It's more one of technique. I suggest you take a step back and sketch on paper with pencil and practice drawing clouds and such. What this will do is eliminate the color and have you just work with value so that you can gain a better understanding of form and shading.

You're bluriness comes from not having any sharp details. Airbrushes don't typically lend to sharp details unless you use selections.

There are tutorials on painting and drawing clouds. You might find a Landscape Art book to begin pencil studies.

If you do that it should take long for you to be able to achieve what you want in this picture.

Lastly: Painter is awesome in that you can use some many different types of brushes and papers. You would never have so many available in real life and you certainly could never do some of the mixing of mediums in real life like you can on the computer. Recently I used, in Painter8, Airbrush, Chalk, Oils, Blenders, Pens and penciles on a single piece. Just try using chalk over oil paint in real life! NOT!

Don't get stuck with this one piece. Take a side step and fool around with some other stuff and experiment with all the brushes and papers for a while. Even just a few hours will help you get an idea of what can work for a particular problem that one variant can't handle.

Good luck,
    Keep Drawing
    If you want to swim then start by getting wet.

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you think a gnomon dvd would be a good idea to get? for creating scenery?

I was looking into getting Feng's Concept Design 1 or his quick sketches one. If I have the money, which would you reccomend for drawing, and rendering landscapes on paper and painter / pc. The shipping from US to UK is mad.DVD cost $69.99, with shipping to UK it takes it up to $120-30 last time I chcked.

Thanks for your replies. Do you think it's worth me going to find corel painter 6? or shall I stick with 8/9 ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey

Ok now that i've seen ur pic - what scott said is cool. Work on drawing and painting - its the only way - thats IF you have the time to spare. Are you wanting to do this for a career? If so devote as much time and energy as you can spare to getting good at drawing and painting and designing ur own stuff. Then when u return to the comp - you'll see a massive improvement in quality and speed.

Stick with painter 9, keep up the testing of the software, find out what u like the best.

Best of luck man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeh I am looking to do it as a career (well not now, as I'm only 14) in concept design. I've been doing a alot of drawings and rendering them with markers (cool grey).

Members who have read this thread: 1