Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 906 Posts
    thanks a lot dorian (that really help)

i was so discouraged when i discovered those errors and got stuck. I don't explain why , even using a ruler i can't sya when i did mistakes. i hope i corrected all. I'm frustrated by the fact i can't discover only passing hours alone trying to understand.

i'm still fixing

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    yanino is offline http://www.conceptart.org/mankeymankeymankeymankeym ankeys/showthread.php?t=99080
    Thanks
    Just keep drawing ! the sketches in yellow paper are cook!

Thanks
    Yanino: At your orders !
    i did this at work, then i added colored pencil just to test it. It gave a good quality result (the saturation)

I started shading ine the bargue and realized the i took the grainy face of the paper, it takes more time and pain to shade that damaged land. I hope that there no more big mistakes. Even my print is crappy ! hope the result will ne honorable.

Thanks
    here the advancing. I would go straight and post the finshed one, but i don't want to have some mistakes uncorrected.

If someone see anything wrong, plz tell me

I've found an atelier with a model. After tomorrow i will go to my really first life drawing class (even without instructor, i hope it doesn't matter)
    I will test that sight size method i read about. This time n i'm really excited

pld:

Thanks
    i started shading, this a new kind of experiences. I found it so easy that i thought it surely have tons of lacks of mistakes. I also drawn on the grainy side of the paper (yeah i'm really stupid)
    In addition, the printed bargue don't have reflected light on shadow area and is too dark. So After i finished the outline, i discovered it then i print another one less darkened and put it on the right (but it haven't the same size of the first print) and tried to fake the reflected light)
    This is awkward but, it's all time like this so go on ...( i learned something at least)

This time it ended like this.

Thanks
    Eh, doesn't matter, all practice helps a little bit, and I think it came out very nicely, or from what we can see from this distance. All presentation, and it presents well.

Get your hands on the book itself and it's amazing. Hard to set up next to your drawing though, unless you want to desecrate it and tear pages out and stuff.

Thanks
    Drd: thanks for encouragements. Hell, i visited your sketchbook, you're a damn crazy guy you made eight page of posting (posting twice a day) You are only doing that. I dream of a way of life like yours (just for some months)

And HERE is my first life drawing : i feel like i'm drawig for the first time since i made a 2 hours pose. I found an atelier who got me model. The first time, the model didn't came. A friend of the manager proposed to pose for me (only me since the other have began with another model (man)

i followed anthony ryder 's steps (from his book)

the second one is from mind

Thanks
    Hey, congrats on the first one, it looks very true to an original pose. Only crits are that it seems that there is not enough top of the head above where the eyes should go (Chopped off head syndrome as I call it, lol, not too severe here though), maybe that her neck seems a tad thick, and her face structure seems a bit mannish. These might all just be features of the model so there isn't anyways to tell, just going off instinct. =P

Thanks for the compliment, I never actually thought I was drawing enough though. But then again, I don't even know how much people draw a day on this site. I'm guessing some people draw hours a day, something I definitely don't do (but would like to)
    Or maybe I already do, and the time just flies by.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    that bargue's finished? No way man. Back to work!
    what pencils are you using? Use 2B or even 4B for the shadows! Match the values! (you won't really be able to match them because your printer can go waay darker than any pencil, so go as dark as you can with pencil!) Look at value relationships. How much darker is the shadow than the light? How much difference is there between halftone and shadow? Etc. Then look at your drawing and see if you have the same differencies/relationships. Once you got darker follow this: don't match the values on the original - match the value relationships. Look at edges. Soft vs. hard.
    For the reflected lights you have two options: A) ignore it and match your "original" or B) look at mine on screen or even print it out and work from that.

zouuu's sketchbook::Comics and scribbles

Really. You can do a lot more with it. Even drawing on the grainy side of the paper isnt world's end. We spend days or weeks filling in the dots of the grain in the paper :] It really teaches you being precise and being patient. Look at it as a test for willpower. An exercise of a long bearded martial art master given to the young student. It will teach you valuable lessons.

I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, just showing possibilities! Don't despair if you can't see your own mistakes, that comes with practise! When I look at my first bargue today I can laugh loudly :] And it's exciting to see where other people have taken their abilities. And even they wait to be surpassed.
    Go for it!

PS. the recent stuff in your sb looks great, you're making lots of progress! right direction! GOGOGO!
    Last edited by dorian; July 19th, 2007 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks
    nice works m8, reguarding your other draws It might help to distance yourself from the paper every now and then. looking at it from 2-3 feet away normally helps me see how hole image is working proportion wise.
    My sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=102248 <- aiming for better mark making.

Thanks
    drd: i can't seize the mistake on the head . And surely there is one , cause i hurried but if u can explain slowly plz

dorian: you're right, i m too lazy i'm going for it

slowprog: i'll take it. the atelier was too small i was just behind the door trying to get some steps from the model !

the second time the model didn't came (or the manging student cancelled cuz i was alone to request it)
    so i drew my friend watching Lost on dvd
    this time i read the book posted by Gist
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60753
    I will stay on blocking in or gesture step for a while to acquire something valuable.

i didn't took much of it but the next time ! i'm excited to draw but can't find model to sit.

Thanks
    for dorian who asked for the arabic letters

Arabic calligraphy is a major art in islamic art history. Anyone can do it without knowing any single word of arabic. Letter are written with tools like latin calligraphy but inverted (see the pic) even with a marker you can practice it with high quality line.

There are differents style of arabic (see the pics) but all are based on the same principles and if you master one , you can master all (a master calligraphier must master them all, it's a matter of drawing

Arabic is written from right to left but letter can be drawn from all direction. When you put your pen (kalam) it must leave a tilted line exactely like slash /
    from that slash you start your letter wich can be fragmented into sections.
    Each section has it's tilt and proportion. Proportions are measured with dots (your pen give you all the measures since it's slash length make a dot, a square)

>In The first style, Tholoth, the first letter (and most difficult) is alif (the vertical line) has 6 dots height
    >In the second style, Naskh, the first letter alif has 5 dots height

Lay a horizontal line (like to write) and copy each letter (exactely) with all subtle changes of line width and tilt. To make pointed ends turn the pen into your fingers. It's easy to you since you can draw well. Try with a marker !

The last pic show you how we measure with dot. You can choose to pratice some letters you like and add them in your artwork

Thanks
    wow
    so beautiful..!!

thanks for all the info! I'll practise! Looks really tricky, though

Thanks
    some enveloppe exercice, when i get warmed the model runs away

Thanks
    another life drawing, i got stuck with forshortened members. Especially drawing brigger than used to.

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast