red exotic (first post)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: red exotic (first post)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

red exotic (first post)

Phew
    Alright, so I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time and I just wanna say that I never cease to be amazed by some of the work here...I think that you guys could give me some great pointers regarding, well, everything. I've been sketching cars for a while now, but this is my first attempt to color one of my sketches in photoshop (well, I had some preliminary attempts but they're not even worth posting...they should be cast down to the flames of hell). That said, comments/crits are greatly appreciated, especially regarding the photoshop... for example I'm well aware that the wheels look pretty bad and I'm wondering how to make a more metallic effect... but comments about the design of the car are also more than welcome. well enough blabber, here we go.

Oh, and I'll proabably start a sketchbook of my pencil sketches...check it out if you're so interested

Last edited by stickman; February 28th, 2005 at 11:29 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if thats your design, excellent job. the photoshop coloring is kind of poor but for your first one, i say its pretty damn good. keep it up. no crits on the design here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks good for a beginner.
    You may have gone a little overboard on the gradiants though. Also the highlights are all white, and seem to be really harsh. You need to smooth out the gradiants and try to add some reflective colour, such as the blue sky, into the red. Harald Belker is the nuts on this kind of thing, but if you look at product design or industrial designers such as scot robertson [he has a tutorial of a bike on his website which will help you tremendously].
    You have imagined what the 'impression' of a highlight would be, instead of obseriving what actualy happens in reality.
    But as the bluepuppy says, it's pretty damn good for a first sketch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, yeah, so far gradients have been my best friend and I kinda realized that I should probably figure out how to use some other tool cuz otherwise the picture looks too unrealistic. And I'll definetely check out that tutorial. Thanks for the suggestions Marley.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.