Art: my character design of the Chinese signs
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: my character design of the Chinese signs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

my character design of the Chinese signs

Hi! It's been a long time not posting here. This is the character design I'm currently working on. I want to take the 12 Chinese signs to make 12 female charactors, this is the Rat. Hope you like it! C $ C welcome!

software: photoshop

relax your fingers, show your feeling
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice design, very sexy. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the background and the drop shadow. It looks like she's flat against a wall. Try putting the shadow on the ground plane, it might make her look more grounded in 3D space. Keep it up!

--Roger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IMO her hips are to wide for her waste which may seem sexy in the beginning but when you look closely its kinda freaky, but then again not every one goes for realistic looking art.Just remember that huge hips and superthin wastline isn't always the ingredient for sexy. Also when using straps on your character be sure to place them somehere where they would make sense. With that i mean think about what your chara would feel like with certain straps on, comfortable or not. Ofcourse you can say that your chara loves to feel uncomfortable but that wouldn't make sense. With this i'm aiming at the straps around her crotch area. That part is totally messed up. Also the ones around her tits, think about why she needs those is it to cover up something or just decorative, in any case a few hops from her and her nipples will be fully exposed. They just don't seem comfortable. Ow and the way her feet ar positioned reminds me of a piece by WELTOL a long time ago did you maybe use that for ref, http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19485 check it out.

Cant wait to see what the pig will look like.

My dick isn't small. Its just foreshortened

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One thing you may want to think about is giving some depth to the ears. Right now they look flat and pasted on. The tail, also, doesn't feel like it's really attached to her in any realistic way. Right now it looks like you drew a woman, and then decided to add those parts to her halfway through the drawing.

That's my opinion anyway. It will be cool to see what you do with the other signs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think if the tail had the same outline the body has, it would appear more a part of her

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that the neck and the shoulder on the right don't really go together too well. Her shoulder on the right should not be so broad and flat. It should appear to be a bit more in front of the shoulder on the left. I don't know if this makes sense to ya. Colors are beautiful, though, and I also agree about the tail needing the same black outline as she has, so they go together.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a really cool character design, it kinda reminds me of the work of Masamune Shirow.
    I do think her hips are kinda to big and her right-arm is kinda out of proportion, it's to large.
    You should outline the tail cause the girl and tail don't fit together this way.
    Other than that, great character!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    geeze this is taking forvever to load......10 mins with broadband....
    i think that the black outline used with parts with no outline is a serious no-no. or at least to the degree you've done it. either outline all of it, or none of it.

and who cares about her waist being so thin while her hips are bigger?
    the only problem i see with that is if you are gonna draw her waist and hips that way, make her torso shorter. and matter of factly, her hips are too thin compared to her shoulders.

also, rats have rounded ears.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking The rabbit

Thanks a lot guys! For this kind of Cartoony character I don't pay a lot of attention on the body structure as long as it looks fine to me. Yes I was being lazy painting the tails, I will work on it more later. And IronClad I've seen that picture but I didn't take it as reference when I was doing this one, Maybe it was just in my mind.

Here is the rabbit one. waiting for you opinion, don't hesitate to comment!

relax your fingers, show your feeling

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The way you draw faces, and the bodies, reminds me of Masamune Shirow, late 80's/early 90's manga

The buck teeth seem a little odd, but I guess they fit the animals.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pretty cool but the tail for the Rat design doesn't fit. The forshortening/perspective doesn't match that it's coming out of her tail bone.. er nether regions. An outline wont fix that one so I'm going to disagree with the other suggestions on that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think u should work more on the character design and the personality. yes, the girls are hot, the rabbit girl does look like a rabbit really nice. however, i think u shud incorporate the essence of chinese zodiac animals into the characters. give them depth and personaltiy--u don't even need to think about that one, there is lots of information about the traits of teh zodiacs animals already.
    for example, the rat girl, she is licking a piece of cheese and looks very foolish and dumb (im not saying that she isn't hot or anything, well rendered g'job) however, the rat is a very intelligent and cunning animal, which is why it won the race and got first.
    try to give ur characters more depth. go beyond the superficial level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakanekonei
    and who cares about her waist being so thin while her hips are bigger?
    the only problem i see with that is if you are gonna draw her waist and hips that way.
    I think a lot of people care about how skilled one is with proper anatomy. It is in fact impossible for one to have such a skinny waste and such wide hips, unless its part of the concept but then he should have pointed that out.

Aahh, the rabbit one is much better the anatomy is just more realistic see!!!

Only i'd drop the rabbit teeth or work on them to make her even more attractive, or shove a carrot in there or something.

peace.

Good point by Hypocalvin

Last edited by IronClad; March 1st, 2005 at 05:27 AM.
    My dick isn't small. Its just foreshortened

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think a lot of people care about how skilled one is with proper anatomy. It is in fact impossible for one to have such a skinny waste and such wide hips, unless its part of the concept but then he should have pointed that out.
    Actually, You can have that small a waist with broad hips. Its not a common body shape, and does look strange on a living breathing person. Plus some women have "shaped" themselves into small waists (bodices), thus making the hips look large.

Of course I think in women who have hips like that, their legs are usually thicker as well...

Thanks,
    Karen Montgomery

http://home.comcast.net/~kali8/KDMIllustration/KDMIllustrations.htm

http://home.comcast.net/~kali8/Electronic-Portfolio.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.