sorry if this is a forum faux paus
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sorry if this is a forum faux paus

My friend did these, and i think she is amazing, and she is constantly under the impression she should give up and stop painting. She also does photography. I'm no artisit, but like i said i think she's great, but i may have a bias because i care so deeply about her as a person so i was wondering if this forum would be the proper place to get her some honest feedback.

Piece 1

bike

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    umm no let her post her own stuff up, in the thread, not for sale. most of us can't afford to buy art, so we make our own hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I believe that in order to be a great abstract artist one should first master traditional art techniques and I don't see that in any of these pieces... sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Collosus
    I believe that in order to be a great abstract artist one should first master traditional art techniques and I don't see that in any of these pieces... sorry.
    that's why Picasso rocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there is no way to be a great abstract artist... some are, else not.

and don't forget that Picasso was pretty poor during is life... more often, your talent is recognize after your death

I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You say she is amazing? Do mean her art, or are you reffering to her as a person? You will get honest advice on here, sometimes though it might not be the advice you are looking for!

The best form of advice is usually a critique and if she has been an art student should be familiar with having critiques. But to have a critique means that the bad points are picked out, so that you can learn from them and advance.

Also, not everyone will see art the same way! This is really about personnal preference, her pieces seem very abstract and fine art based, which a lot of people here may not be inspired by. She may be better posting on a more fine art based forum?

As for the pictures, well they're not really my cup of tea, but I guess art like this is very much based on impact and a story, or metaphore perhaps...however showing them on an ebay page doesn't give the right kind of impression to really appreciate the art!! It seems like advertising.

Why did she paint them? What was the purpose of them? What is the story behind the pictures? and so-on...might help. But as for her process and technique i'm not too sure anyone can give criticism as it is very abstract, and more illustrative. They look very inspired, and with your post it seems she takes her art very serious...and I think she should definitely continue and keep at it, but it's difficult to say much in the way of advice as they are very abstract.

Hope this helps a little?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The composition on "Bike" is pretty cool. The lines of action, the shapes and its placement The colors look a little off, then again it may be due to the camera and the lighting conditions when the picture was taken. SHould be a little bolder with the colors, brigher and more sure strokes......looks like she's saving up on paint. Doesn't feel thick like an oil painting should.

Didn't really like "piece 1" for a variety of reasons. Most important is the distraction of different elements. Doesn't fit together.

Having said that, I don't do abstract art so I don't think I can justify my comments. But yeah this is a good place to get brutal, blunt and truthful constructive feedback.

Picasso rocks. I love his "Talent Borrows, Genius Steals" concept. Most people misunderstand it though.....sigh.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.