Char set
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Char set

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Char set

Moving these stuff into this part of the forum since it's a better place for it to be then previous. Love to here crits..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice, but that poor little girl, no armor to protect her

My Sketchbook

the world is a diaper; let someone else change it.

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As much as I appreciate the female body. She NEEDS clothes. Especially compared to the amount of armour everyone else is sporting.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    As much as I appreciate the female body. She NEEDS clothes. Especially compared to the amount of armour everyone else is sporting.
    what good is wimmins without skimpy clothes?
    But yeah, she needs something, anything. Maybe a small undersuit? you keep the curves without looking too odd.

It's a good start
    I think the sniper's huge belt buckle seems out of place though. Everything's hi-tech exept for that big buckle. It's also big and flat, while everything is smaller or more detailed. Just really sticks out from the guy

everyone also looks slightly awkward in posture. I have a hard time getting people to look 'right' just standing around. Maybe get a photo of someone standing in that posture, or other references.
    The girl's butt shot and the heavy gunner turned out the best though, I like their poses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree that it's sort of silly to have the woman in "workout clothes" while the men are armed and suited to the teeth. In context of them, her lack of clothing looks gratuitous and out of place.

I'm all for detail - in fact, I'm in awe of people who can manage to invent such high levels of detail for stuff like this - but some of these get to be too much the same. The detail is almost TOO dense and too much - I'm thinking mainly of the heavy machine gun guy. There's no way to appreciate the detail because there are no areas w/out it.

I'd also look again at the woman's anatomy though. On the one where she's turning, he arm is impossible long and on the frontal one, her legs are sort of odd. She looks like she has absolutely no muscle tone - baseball bat legs. They don't look like they bend.

I like what you've done here overall though. Nice work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That neon green and yellow glow you've added to some of the pencilwork, not a good choice. It's distraction and way too bright. Let the pencil speak for itself, no need to add crazy coloring.

For all the believeable detail and rendering on the machines and combat gear, that wolf looks terrible in comparison. Refrence is your friend.

Nice work with the weapondry and armor mech gear though, that stands out as something you have worked with before and really know the ins and outs of.

Dead dog for sale - Skulldog Studio - Sketch Journal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love this one Syarul..

The female character looks odd. Does female looks like that proportionally?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol. this looks like you had alot of fun dreaming up these characters. i have to agree with everyone about the chick. check out Nova from blizzard's ghost game - she manages stay fully clothed, and still look uber sexy and nearly nekkid! i think jason chan has an awesome pic of her in the finished section. try to include a hint of a background for each of your characters. it adds a sense of dimensionality and doesnt leave them floating in space. a small shadow would even do. i like their equipment and gear! just work on their proportions a bit more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool characters

Just a few comments though:

-Girl: Sure thing. Add her ''tactical'' clothing. If you wish her to remain an attractive figure, simply add tight clothes instead of the baggy military ones. If a technical expert asks why the hell, simply say: "She's a scout, man. Its all about mobility for her"... Damn right it is.

-Weapons: Siper rifles USUALLY don't carry any ironsights when they are equipped with a scope, your scope seems more like a Reflex sight, for short range than an actual long range scope, I would also add his rifle a bipod like you did with the gatling gun. "Skipper's" rifle has not possible way of holding for support. If he was to grab the shaft, he'd burn(those HEAT up unless you have Heat shields on 'em).

These are, of course, your designs and I am can only base my comments upon my sighting of these. I hve no idea of the setting or the way your universe works(For all we know, the snipe's sight is actually more powerful than an 8x scope and it is smaller! And the Skipper's gun is one handed!? )

Keep at it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys, this thread is 3 months old, no point to leave critisim unless he posts new works.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.