C.O.W. - #004: Venomous Bird - Page 4

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hold That Door!!!

Hey, I am finishing up my entry tonight, hurry hurry hurry! Am going to try to have it in before midnight Eastern Time.... please hold that door for me!

Eric

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, guys and gals.. I was very happy to take place in this weeks C.O.W.! I really like the way mine actually came out (I never like my draqings). The original drawing is slightly larger but, my house scanner is not large enough to scan the whole image.. Only about an inch was cut off.. Here is my little friend!

The Darwinian Pelican

The Miniature Pelican or the Darwinian Pelican is a cousin of the larger Brown and White Pelican. Found only on the Galapagos Islands, this small bird is a true testament to Darwin's "Theory of Evolution".

This small bird averaging only four inches tall is too small to hunt other mamals or fish. It is thought that through "evolution" it has mutated it's sac from being a place to store food to a pre-digestive organ. Once the pelican places it's food (which is now instects, due to the pelican's size) in the sac, a acid or toxin is released decomposing the hard shells found on insects. After the insects become a puree, the pelican can safely swallow it's food.

Scientists have just recently started to study this magnificant bird to learn how it has evolved itself. We only know Darwin would have been very proud!

C.O.W. - #004: Venomous Bird

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Running a Little Late

OK, it is actually going to be about 2 AM when I post this image. Please let me get this in, I worked pretty hard on it. This week was a mad house. Finishing up the image in the next hour, then just need to type up the concept and upload.... 2 AM latest.... promise!

-Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    after all this waiting, i seriously hope you win

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The "Buring Death Falcon"

In the waning years of World War II, Hitler’s desperation for world domination led him to give free reign to his scientists in an effort to create the ultimate weapon that could crush the Allied Forces. After a long trial-and-error process using various machines, guns and missiles, the scientists struck upon the idea of combining genetic engineering with their chemical weapons program. Their hope was that they would breed and organic delivery system that would send the deadly agents directly into the Allied front lines decimating as many soldiers as possible while, at the same time, spreading fear amongst them and demoralizing their leaders. Thus the “ Falke von Brennend Dea” (roughly translated into “Burning Death Falcon” was born.

The “Burning Death Falcon” (singularly named although it contained 22 bird species spliced together including Toucan, Owl and Vulture) was also bred to withstand being pumped to near bursting with many types of corrosive acids. It was unveiled to the German elite and set loose upon the world in a grand ceremony on January 18, 1944. The ceremony would turn into a slaughter when the birds immediately turned on and destroyed the viewing audience, killing over 300 scientists, officers and politicians. It was not until years later that the cause was determined... during the splicing process, German scientist accidently used too much homing pigeon DNA.

Below: The “Burning Death Falcon” see here with handler.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Form, that is bitching.. 7 layers of tracing paper. I'm gonna have to try that one day.. PS filters in traditional. I guess the deadline is up.. so many amazing entries... I'm not even sure who to vote for yet. Great contest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeh man, i started a new college recently and they ahve a real emphasis on doing design work traditionally instead of in photoshop/illustrator/indesign. So we have to design all our own fonts by hand, do all the cutting/pasting/laying out. It teaches you really good habits, and once you get into it its really fun too!!!

We got pads of tracing paper in our art kits at the start of the course.. i cannot stress how cool proper tracing paper is. Layered designs look so bitching!!! And you could do lineart, and then use tracing paper over top to colour it.... and try out different colours/patterns - just like layers. But hand drawn things look 100000 times better than digital things if you have the time.

If youve never seen times new roman hand lettered you should.... its quite beautiful....

Thanks for you praise of my piccy, it means heaps cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arteric, that concept is freakin fresh man!!! that last line is truly hilarious, i love your humour!! keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of great work here!, can't wait for the next one.
    Concept:
    "Festering Tit Warbler"- Nastiness Titicus
    This nasty little bird gets its name from the poisonous [air]sacs throughout its body by which it just breaths on its prey, then it is parallyzed and ready for eating or picked at for a snack. Actually it is a poisonous gas that is produced then the FTW breaths into a dead log an then waits for the gases to fumigate or flush out its prey. Which is composed of insects and smaller animals (mice,toads, etc.). It is mainly a nocturnal predator, which on a good night you can see the poisonous green breath eminating from its orafices.
    This bird is also a world renown delicacy, if you can catch one[good luck!], which can only be prepared by very few chefs of the highest degree that know how to prepare it properly.[by removing the poisonous 'tit' sacs]. Hmmmm-Hmmmm-hmmm!!!

Last edited by Stitchface; February 27th, 2005 at 04:32 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hot rendering man, i love that eye... nice nice nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thread closed - Vote here for your fav entry:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39489

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 1