Art: Some character designs

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Some character designs

These are for a scifi comic pitch for Marvel/whoever will take it. The text is not proofread (well, it is, but not in these files) and the characters change clothes all the time so I didn't worry much about them. I was mostly focusing on textures - it's been pointed out that the lines are too sketchy on some too.

Opinions? Crits? Advice? I would love some feedback. Everyone on this site is pretty amazing - I don't think my style has quite gelled yet, but I'm working on it. Soon I'll catch up to you guys ...yep.

Some character designs

Some character designs

Some character designs

Some character designs

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And page 1. Mostly finished but I think I'm going to redraw the crowd so they show the passage of time from panel to panel more...
    Some character designs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    from toy's pose,he looks like he would be more interested in carver or st.george...not that theres anything wrong with that

but seriously,I like nephs design,very cool, and the way you rendered it. For some reason,it looks more finished to me than the other pics,maybe its the details on neph. Overall,cool stuff...just one thing though,it might look better if st'george's shirt didn't show all his muscles. It was a mistake that I always used to make...

R'john

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Toy's product description, since he's a bishonen (pretty boy) model, includes that he looks and acts gay but will love only the person he's imprinted on. They make all kinds His model number is 2QT2BSTR8.

I think you're right about St. George's muscles. The problem is probably that I liked them too much to cover up, but his character would never go shirtless

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you know what nonie? I was looking at your stuff again,and I was wondering why the others(excluding neph) looked a little flat. I think it may be thick pencil like outline. It really flattens your stuff out,and doesn't do your coloring justice. I think thats why the other characters look unfinished to me. Nephs line is clean and crisp,and looks finished. I think,if its possible,you should do that with the toy,carver and st.george.

About toys description...cool concept dude...

As for the last pic,I like the coloring of the face alot,but the black outline,and the hatching flatten it out...maybe if you can turn the black line brown,and take the hatching out,then it would become more 3d-ish...

Dude,I'm not an expert or anything,these are just suggestions...

Cheers,
    R'john

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the suggestions, goflamesgo. I'm going to mess with these some more, definitely try the brown outline thing. I'm kind of torn because I don't want to make it so realistic that you forget it's not real, but I want to include very realistic textures because the main character has a thing for them... I don't really know what to do with it. I had an idea to try having the outlines blur on the inside of the figure and hard on the outside so they almost look like just sharp shading. I'll post anything that ends up working.

You're right about the hatching. It's not a technique I'm very comfortable with and it looks bad on top of that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    trust me nonie,if you add a clean line,it won't look realistic,no offense,but your style is far from realistic. Your style looks like a american-asian hybrid. It will be in the same vein as this...http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39003
    or my stuff even. check out a european artist named frezzato,his stuff is cartoony,but nicely rendered. Realistic in a way,but not...I'm not sure how to describe the look of his work...also,the link that I mentioned,the artist is brokencow,and I think he leaves the lines alone,and it looks fine...check it out...I look forward to seeing more stuff...

R'john

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.