Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

I love France!!!

I've been to France, ate in France, drank in France, stayed at cool French people's house, and drooled over French art.

I am american by birth but my heritage has deep, eternal roots in France. (Jean Côté, of Mortagne Perche,Normandy, 1600's)

regardless of the crap going on in the world, it will not shake my love for France!!!!

(just opening a brew for my French Conceptart buddies!)

Mitch COTE
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    art is inter-national, mitch, as are we... kind of
    :chug: brew germany -> united states

we spend a good bunch of our time "talking" to people all over the earth about a common passion, respecting everyone, no matter which country, skin color, sex or religion.
    't does need a bit more than politics going nuts against this

Thanks
    Ah, France. Your artists astound us. Your friendship makes us happy. Your accent is king. Your women are beautiful, and your wine gets them drunk.

For these reasons, I salute you! :thumbsup:

And Gekitsu- German beer and schnitzel are the best. Hands down.

Thanks
    My girl is from Normandy.
    So you could say that i share the love for the french.

Thanks
    art is international, bush is not. keep loving my country, buddies!! :)

Thanks
    mcotie yea it's a very complex matter, and i'm damn scared about the near future. i can't even imagine seing this gap growing between france and the us, it's becoming insane.

i love USA as much as you can love France.
    i've got american family, my uncle is from pensylvania.
    got cousins in florida, hawaii, washington. (a cousin even works for the nsa! but shhhhh ) i lived in florida myself in the eighties.

now when you read some of thatinsane crap, it's scary.
    racism, frustration, anger, coming from both countries.
    same stuff is happening over here, illogical anti-americanism is rising. i just hate that.
    this link between the actual situations, and the gi's who died in normandy was so hurting. these americans also belong to the history of france. i am myself fascinated by that period and dramatic historical event. i think about these guys often, and i consider normandy an extraordinary area, full of history and painful souvenirs.

anyway. here at CA, art is so powerful, and so much important to our own eyes. people are respected for what they're worth, and for their art. and it will remain that way.

take care mcotie, as well as all of you mates.

sparth

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    sparth come here and live in my basement
    bengal can come too.

we can eat some freedom fries.

Thanks
    Originally posted by davi [B]some freedom fries.[B]
    what a joke, changing even the name of the fries and sending french wine into trashcans is the dumbiest thing i've ever heard human do!!!!!!!

ah............. (deep breath)

Thanks
    Originally posted by sparth

now when you read some of thatinsane crap, it's scary.

sparth

:eek: I can't believe some of those things people were saying. That truly is insane.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts
    bush is the biggest international terrorist around, I dont blame any country for not wanting to join our oil and coal overloards it this battle. France rocks, I spent some time there drawing portraits, it is one of the most beautifull countries around, and the people are awesome. this is our fight, and its not even a fair fight to start out with why we need to drag other countries into this mess is beyond me. I hope you french dudes can find it in your hearts to forgive us for the destruction we are about to unleash upon the world, but I wont blame you if you dont.

AJ

Thanks
    insane crap

Wow... What a mass of unbridled stupidity...
    Utter morons and hotheads...

Thanks
    Davi, lemme get in on that? ;D

Thanks
    I find myself in between a rock and a hard place with all that's going on nowadays. I have but 3 years and some change left in my commitment to the US Air Force. and I can/t find the stomach to finish. When I joined 16 years ago, it was the right thing to do. i was needed and my gov't took care of its service members. I am also in a situation where because I am in the service, I am unable to speak out about how I really feel. Like many other service members they do it because it's their jobs. Lately alot of these feelings have been showing in my artwork. I think it's the only place where I can actually voice my opinion and do it comfortably. And with positive results.
    With any luck in the 3 yrs I have left nothing will happen that would require my service. But it is highly unlikely. Am I being a coward? some of my military peers would think so. But I think sometimes it takes more courage to back down from a fight than it does to take the first swing. I've done both, I should know.
    I always wondered as a child what it would have been like to grow up in the Viet Nam era. Which side would I have chosen, Which choice would I have made, to fight in the jungle or fight in the US streets against the gov't. Well now I know. Now I know the hard decisions our parents had to make with either choice. At least I hope they were hard decisions. There are too many people today making easy decisions.

not asking for sympathy, just talking with my buds!

mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    Hi Mcotie,

I can feel a bit with you ... I´ve got many friends in the american forces here in Germany and I´m really frightended about what can happen. Somehow I´m still hoping everything will come out good - some rest of my times in the german peace-movement. Let´s share this little reclusive corner of internationalism where just art and the feeling for it is a matter of measurement ...

Fipse
    (who´s living about 200 Miles from France and has never been there longer than for the transit to Dover - and is really hard thinking aout changing this ...)
    <Insert witty remark here>

Thanks
    mcotie>> you have my sympathy for sure, dude!! :)

android>> this is not all american folks' fault, only a few's at the government ; there's nothing to forgive, you know, there are just things to empeach now i think.
    ;)

Thanks

THE UN

hey guys, the only reason Bush is trying to get other countries in the security coucil on board is to keep the U.N from being obsolete. The U.N has imposed over 14 resolutions on Iraq in the past 5 years, and Saddam has blown them all off. Now if the U.N. is going to mean anything, they better follow up. It's like diciplining a kid, if you keep telling them to stop without any consequeces, they will run all over you.
    Bush can go into Iraq and end all this b.s. tommorow, but he knows that if the international commitee is going to hold any value in this world, it better do somthing.

In my opinion: We can't even get a room full of congress men to agree on an issue..how in the world will you get a bunch of countries to agree on ANYTHING???

All you protesters who protest war...your not original, or better than anyone else...nobody wants war, but as history proves: you have to fight evil in order to beat it.

Thanks
    Mcottie:

You are in no way a coward! I respect you for volunteering in our armed forces. And you do have a say in what goes on around the world! We are lucky to have forums like these.
    I know why you doubt your own government.---Vietnam.
    Look.....
    People volunteered to fight in WW2 becuase the world HAD to come together to fight a HUGE evil in the world. Remmember,America didn't want to join the war even after France and 80% of western Europe was under Hitler's control! It took Pearl Harbor to change that!

Now since Vietnam, Free Love, anti-gov't , movement, and conspiracy theorists, some U.S citizenswill trust a dictator with a rap sheet so long over their own gov't!! THIS SCARES ME TO DEATH!

Once again, NOBODY wants war, but if the world community just lets a dictator do what ever he wants, things will get a lot more out of control, and we ALL will have a bigger mess to deal with later.

For all you ignorant people trying to compare the US to a "terrorist"/ Destructive nation shame on YOU! If the USA stayed out of world affairs, do you actually think shit like WW2 would never happen again??

So go on and bash me with your hate mail and empty solutions to this problem with Iraq. You are right, Saddam is not a threat to most nations YET. Lets forget the people who have to live under his control every day, just like we didn't want to believe about Hitler's treatment of the Jews.

Thanks

ANDROID?????HUH?

Andrew...wtf are you talking about???
    You r kidding right? If you think we live in a terrorist nation why don't you leave before we all are forced to join the army and unleash hell upon the WHOLE world!

Thanks
    Sorry back to the topic:

I LOVE FRANCE TOO!!! (Although I will never wear a speedo!)

I lived in Paris for 2 months, and the poeple were great. Maybe they just appreciate us artists over there!

Thanks
    You'll get no hate mail from me. but it's possible you will from others, and I may too. which was the reason for starting this thread initially: the hatred towards people for standing for what they believe. Anti-French this, anti-American, that.
    I can respect your thoughts believe me I have the same thoughts as well: "Is it the right thing?" But one thing that puzzles me with Iraq is we don't see the Iraqi people asking for our help or protection, or our western ways, the way we saw in Europe prior to WW2. THAT is what scares me. Sure we will kick their ass, no doubt about it. Saddam couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. But then we will have to stay there to tighten things up, right? I mean we've been there since 1991, keeping it secure. So the way it stands now, I can plan on sending my son and daughter (drafted) over there to protect people that don't even want our protection. Top that holiday in the sand off with our old terrorist enemies
    (remember them), blowing up the living quarters of americas finest, just like Dahran.

All of this because we will look bad for backing down. backing down from something we should not have started in the first place. The first Desert War should have been finished in 1991. Not 12 years later.

mitch

Thanks
    Mitch,

First of all I have no idea why we didn't finish this thing in 91 except for the reason, we declared in the begining we wouldn't romove Saddam, and (Pobably for political correct reasons). As for the people of Iraq, they are not speaking out in favor of us because as any Iraqi who has defected or escaped the rule under Saddam will tell you, they are terrified to: Saddam would execute not just the person defying him, but his family too! Why the fuck do you think he has to hide, or has his"inner circle"? Saddam does not speak to his people publicly. Even his bodyguards are not tusted.
    The people of Iraq don't support him, they are too afraid to oppose him.

Just like in 91, the minute Iraqi's see American soldier they will surrender(As long as we get rid of Saddam) And this time we will..

Don't worry about sending your kids into a draft, as long as we keep the draft extinct. Many political congress men are trying to bring it back, they want it for illigitamite reasons. They are playing the race card.
    In my opinion, you have a better force if they volunteer, who the fuck wants a bunch of soldiers who don't believe in their cause or purpose?
    So kill the draft!

Thanks
    were you a debate major in college? he he

Maybe if the people were so Pro-Am, it would be easy to topple the current gov't without military force.

who the f*** wants a bunch of soldiers who don't believe in their cause or purpose?
    I am not alone.

mitch

Thanks
    otis: if you want to read more about it, there's an eatpoo thread here:

eatpoo war thread

no matter the side you're in, wether you're for the war or against, the thing that has astonished me the most is the ignorance of a lot of peeps from europe or the states.

no wonder why there are so many extremistic comments in there.

have a nice read.

Thanks
    Nope,

Just like to look at things rationally. Used to get caught up in mass media, and opinion. Hell I grew up in Berklely and Oakland! But I learned from history, and the difference between right/wrong/ evil/good/ etc.
    that....

The right choice is not always the easiest choice.

Listen to your gut, not your emotion.

and above all, history will repeat itself because people NEVER change.

People are gnereally good, and that's why evil can take over. Good people don't like to rock the boat, and think that appeasing evil people will "calm" things down. This is not true, evil people wil ony TAKE advantage of this....just like Saddam has taken advantageof the U.N.

Did, Stalin's, mutual peace agreement with Hitler ever make a difference?

Now i sound like a philosopher huh?

Would you speakout against a dictator like Saddam if you lived under his regeim?

Thanks
    otis, with all respect from a NOOB, Would you speak-out against a dictator like Saddam if you lived under his regime?

That would not be a realistic option.

Somehow i have the feeling that if the US continues like they do it/they will suffer from isolation.
    Thats the worst thing that could happen to a nation and his people.
    Lets hope that Bush wakes-up in time.

Thanks
    Thanks Sparth,

i'll look into that thread. But thank god we have the freedom to have theses debate/forums! Too bad the peeps in Iraq don't.

Thanks
    Hey nuked Rabit,

what do you mean? What should Bush wake up to?

Thanks
    oh, just got it, sorry. The US is NOT alone. It's only France and Germany opposed to regeim change in Iraq.
    there are a whole mess of other nations in favor. And as for the protesters, don't be decieved. A couple million protesters don't add up to anything.

Especially when they have no alternative answer to Saddam defying the U.N.

Thanks
    He should listen to the people of america and the rest of the world.
    Me and many others, sharing space on this globe, are not waiting for a war or a clean-up of the world.
    It's not because we are 60's hippies smoking pot or Saddam huggers, but we can feel the menace in our daily lifes...24/7, and the effects of it.

What happened on the world scene like 9/11 and many other horrible things are not right and to be accepted.
    But trying to repair all this by proposing even a bigger horror like war is not a solution.
    So, i can hear you think (if i may) what should we do?
    Well if i knew i would not be making shooting-boards but proposing laws and solutions at the white-house (don't take me to serious).
    I still hope there is a "political" or "trade" solution to send Saddam away.

Anyway, since i'm new around here i've tried to resume my thinking and opinion.
    Bush should not follow his lust for power and not forget about the opinion of the rest of the world.
    If he continues like he does i'm afraid, like i wrote before, that america will and shall suffer from isolation.

Sorry for my spelling ;-)

Thanks
    i'm hijacking this thread, sorry.
    To get back on the subject, I love france to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast