what are best art schools in
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

what are best art schools in

Hey guys, im a junior in highschool looking around for a good college to go to. I've gone to a few portfolio days and got myself reviewed, and visited a few schools, but i find myself having no real conception of the difference between these schools. so far my options seem to be cooper, risd, or the philly school of art (or something along these lines)

i havn't really got any notion of any specific job after collage, but i plan on taking fine arts and drawing type courses. nothing 3d, or in the graphic design department. (atleast i hope, from what i gather that seems to be the biggest and highest paying field out there. however, i still would not like to go into that).

so as a summary, could someone give me the pros and cons of a few schools in philly, or new york. If there are any great schools around the eastern border you know of , could you please take the time and give a brief sentence or two about them as well. thanks all

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Conor, I live in Philly and I've done research into the different schools.

The University of The Arts- Good school to learn to draw/paint. They have a broad range of majors and minors so you can pull from it all.

Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art- Great school for fine arts. All they teach is drawing, painting and sculpture. Traditional teaching. Very prestigious school.

The Art Institute of Philadelphia- Don't even bother, you'll get ripped off. Believe me, I know first hand.

Moore College of Art- Only all womens art college in the USA. I'm not a woman so I never checked them out, but I hear good things.

Tyler School of Art- Part of Temple University. Not as well know as RISD or SVA but is considered one of the top schools in the country. They will allow you to study a broad range of arts. Many of the students are into abstract art, but they have plenty of teachers and courses focused on observational drawing. I plan to apply here for the graphic design program, one of the best around.

The first 4 schools on the list are in center city Philadelphia, within walking distance of each other. Tyler is located in Elkins Park, PA not far from the city.

The reason I am choosing Tyler is beacause you can study your major and have a lot of electives to take in other departments or you can double major.

I hope this helps, feel free to keep asking questions.

David

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tyler wont leave you in $80K of debt like the aicad schools will. Belieeeeeve me (soph/ painting+drawing) and great instruction above all.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.