What do you think about N. Korea finally admitting they have bombs?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks

What do you think about N. Korea finally admitting they have bombs?

I was wondering what everybody else thinks about the current nuclear situation. It slike everybody has a nuke since recently. Its one thing to think someone has it but when you know for sure, its a different story. now N.Korea has cut off talk with other countries in terms of their disarming them. what do you think about future tensions which may arise. whats scary is that alot of smaller countries like thise in Africa etc. also have it because they purchased the equipment and stuff, just like Korea, from that Kahn guy who i think is in Pakistan or somethin. anyways i jus wanna hear what u think.

cool beans to you...my friend.
    sKeTcHbOoK update page3 (scroll to the bottom of page)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just leave N-Korea alone, it's all they want. If the US stops being the policeman of the world then alot of things would be alot better i think. They stated they needed the weapons to defend themselves against the US. And I think they need them if they don't want to be invaded like Iraq was. US will think twice now before they attack N-Korea.

Thanks
    i dont think we have the right to demand that they give them up when the uk and america has huge stockpiles of nukes. it may make america think twice before invading, or just make them more of a target.

Thanks
    US really don't want to invade N-korea now, they can blow up whole of south korea with the nukes. But, I don't think of N-Korea being very dangerous if they just leave them alone.

Thanks
    The whole thing is North Korea wants one on one talks with the U.S. to get a better aide package for shutting down their nuke program, and th U.S. refuses to do so. It still is not even proven that N. Korea has nukes, they could just be shooting thier mouths off like they have done in the past.

Thanks
    Well I dont think theyre gonna get any aid now they've said this

Thanks
    it makes good bargaining chips to have nukes..they obviously wnat something in return... we wouldnt want to invade north korea with our military strained as much as it is already, which is exactly why they decided to announce it recently

Thanks
    You're all ignoring the fact that N Korea poses a direct threat to Japan and S Korea. It literally only takes 5 minutes from time of launch for a nuclear missile to reach southern japan from N Korea. Our continued military presence in Japan and S Korea (at their request) is the only thing holding them back. N Korea is not rich with natural resources and does not have adequate fuel to get a majority of their aircraft into the air and are desperate. Do a little research on N Korea and Pacific Rim military history involving the "Harmless" N Koreans and their leader. Here's a little snippet about Kim Jong Il that I think is rather fitting.
    taken from an article in Salon.com Undertstanding Kim Jong Il
    Jan. 10, 2003 | Kim Jong Il likes Daffy Duck and fast cars, and before he became North Korea's dictator he wanted to be a film producer. He was born on the peak of a sacred mountain, he says, and his birth was attended by thunder and lightning. In 1978 he had spies kidnap his favorite South Korean actress in order to improve North Korean cinema. His agents were implicated in the 1987 bombing of a Korean Air flight, killing 135 passengers, intended to scare away tourists from the 1988 Seoul Olympics. While his famine-starved people eat tree bark to ease their hunger, he dines on steak and cognac in the company of the "pleasure squad" -- a variety pack of imported blondes and Asian beauties.

Thanks
    they say that north korea doesn't have the capacity to test their nukes, so they could be bluffing, or their nukes could be faulty. i don't think they would dare launching one without tests, anyway.

Thanks
    Of course, it's not a good regime or something. But that's no reason to attack it I think. Kim Jong Il is a lunatic, that's a certain thing. Although he poses a threat to Japan and S-Korea, I don't think he will attack, because if he does, he and his country are screwed. Where was the time when we just could pick up a sword and beat the crap out of someone without having to worry about him pushing buttons and launch nukes

Thanks
    Although he poses a threat to Japan and S-Korea, I don't think he will attack, because if he does, he and his country are screwed.
    Yeah but the point is his country is pretty much screwed anyway. Its only a matter of time before his regime is over.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise
    Yeah but the point is his country is pretty much screwed anyway. Its only a matter of time before his regime is over.
    i think its gonna get hard on him soon because first the us cut off his oil supplies a while back and now since he backed out of these talks i hear that i think china might be considering cutting off supplies to them because n. korea is very dependent on food etc. from them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise
    which is exactly why he would attack, he has nothing to lose... and he's nucking futs
    -Mike

Thanks
    I say we go on over, talk to Kim, and make him an offer he can't refuse.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    i say we send him some tutorials on drawing and invite him to the forum. maybe he get some of this anger out through drawing and painting. and yes drawing and painting is always the answer.....

Thanks
    BluePuppy and JP can go have a "Talk" with him and set the record straight Speaking of Kim Jong, have you guys seen Team America? That whole Hanz Blick scene almost made me wet myself I was laughing so hard.
    Team America clip
    -Mike V

Thanks
    Kim is the typical megalomaniac figure who has nothing but wants to sit on the desk surrounded by the most powerful nations in the world. And the most powerful nations in the world all have NUKES.

Yutani nailed it in the head. I'm thinking they're calling a bluff. They may have the raw materials to build a nuke, but there's no testing done yet. Although it is important to know that North Korea has very good rocket technology.

The funny thing about Kim is, he feels that having nukes would alleviate him to the status where the world would hold him with respect and awe. In truth, look at Pakistan and India. Both have nukes and had done several tests between them. None of them have a bigger bargaining chip do they? In fact Musharraf still had to make a deal with Bush for the sake of extra funds for running his country when the war in Afghanistan broke out in late 2001.

And the running for nukes isn't really helping his PR either......his people are starving and trying to get out of the country by visiting China then escaping into some diplomatic offices of other nations to try and secure a pass to South Korea (without directly breaching the border and risk getting shot). China hasn't admitted to it openly but they're secretly allowing this sort of actions to happen...to help whoever wants to get the hell out.

In short, the more Kim wants nukes, the more he fucks with the future of his people, the more the world think he's a madman. The only reason why the Americans didn't want to use their military might isn't exactly because they're afraid....its because of diplomatic fragility between the US and China if that happened. Had China not intervened back in the 1950s, there wouldn't be 2 Koreas and both the US and China don't want to shed blood over that worthless piece of shit trying to scare the region into believing he has nukes.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    I say we go on over, talk to Kim, and make him an offer he can't refuse.
    they were in this "six- nations"(or whatever) talks bu they dropped out once they claimed they have nukes.

Germany( Cologne )but actually from Ukraine
    Thanks
    Well US have hundreds of nukes too and nobody cares
    so why should N.Korea dont have some to be able to defend itself.
    At least i think, US is a bigger threat than N.Korea.

Daily Sketchbook

""Take from the rest of us all that you can assimilate,
    that can become a part of you, but never still the small voice that whispers to you, "I like it better my way".----Andrew Loomis----.

Thanks
    what most of you ignore is the fact that Kim Jong Il has a small penis.
    think about it!

Thanks
    At least i think, US is a bigger threat than N.Korea.
    I bet South Korea and Japan dont share that same view.

Germany( Cologne )but actually from Ukraine
    Thanks
    But i think that IRAN and PAKISTAN do

Daily Sketchbook

""Take from the rest of us all that you can assimilate,
    that can become a part of you, but never still the small voice that whispers to you, "I like it better my way".----Andrew Loomis----.

Thanks
    Not to mention Vietnam

Thanks
    I wasn't surprised that they have them, I was surprised a bit that they admitted. I can't blame them. It's the only card they have to play to keep from being invaded. I think it's inevitable that nuclear war will break out someday. I don't think it will be on a magnitude of a Cold War W.W.III type thing where the earth is turned into a big lump of dust, or at least I hope not. I think it will take a big nuclear disaster to make countries realize these things too dangerous for anyone to have. There have been two major accidents with missile silos just in my state of Arkansas and countless smaller accidents. I worry about our own country with security and safety, but what really scares me is other countries, who might not have enough money, or resources to keep their sites safe and secure. All it takes is one mistake and "That's All Folks"! Anyway, check out some of the accidents over the years. These are just things that the U.S. has disclosed
    http://www.cdi.org/Issues/NukeAccidents/accidents.htm
    It's a miracle nothing major has happened yet.

As a side note, I had an uncle who was stationed at a missile silo during the Cuban Missile Crisis. He was one of the guys who was in the control room and would have to send off these things if W.W.III started. After it was over, he became an alcoholic and his marriage failed because of it. I am also within 3 miles of a nuclear power plant, so I am reminded daily of humanity’s “playing with fire”.

-Brad Cossey

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Thanks
    A couple of minor notes to keep in mind, while we all sit back and watch this escalate:
    1. NK has the largest standing army in the world (1 million +)
    2. We (the U.S. & NK) never signed a peace treaty, only a cease fire. We are, technically, still at war with North Korea, some 50 years later.
    3. The DMZ is the most heavily patrolled, armed, and guarded stretch of Real Estate in the world.
    4. There are daily exchanges fire, from both sides, across the DMZ.
    5. Current North Korean missle technology allows them to strike at least Alaska.
    6. If North Korea were to invade South Korea, by the South's own admission, Seoul would fall within two hours of the conflict.

Fun stuff

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    The same thing that happened to Russia is going to happen to N. Korea. They have absolutely no economy, so how in the world are they going to support a nuclear program, or an army for that matter? They are already suffering money wise, they will destroy themselves in no time.
    If they even try to attack somone, who is going to support them financially? The ONLY reason N.Korea has nuclear capabilites, and infrastructure, buildings, or anything was from the old Soviet Union. Once they ended, so did the money train to N.Korea.

And as we all know, nukes are a very expensive anbd high maintnance. I bet they have em, but they CAn't afford to maintain them! N.Koreans will get sick of starving so that their idiotic leader can look tough in his platform shoes.

This happens every single time a communist regeim with no economic background tries to be a superpower. It's like that skinny, nerdy kid you knew in highschool, who tried to dress all tough and gangsta-like, only to get his ass-kicked and laughed at by the rest of the school.

N.Korea is not a threat. They will harm themselves before they will be able to harm anybody else.

"If one advances confidently in the direction of
    his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he
    has imagined, he will meet with a success
    unexpected in common hours."
    - H.D. Thoreau

Thanks
    Well, although Russia does not have such a "great" economy as you say
    THEY still have the biggest amount of nuclear bombs in the whole world.
    most of which are outdated and/or dismantled

IF there will be a conflict between US and NKorea , i bet the Koreans will kick Americas Ass like NVietnam did 30 years ago.
    um, lets see
    NVA/VC KIA over entire war - 1100000
    US forces KIA over entire war - 47,378
    so who kicked who's ass?

Thanks
    so you think americans won the conflict? Yutani
    i think that if vietnamese kept "whooping" americans in the same fashion soon enough there wouldn't be any vietnamese left to celebrate their "victory".

26 Million Russians died and only 6 Million Germans. But still it was RUSSIA who won the War not Germany.
    i don't recall veitnamese marching victroriously into the US...

Thanks
    So why then the americans didnt stay there and waited until "there wouldnt be any vietnamese left" ?
    because americans pressured the government into withdrawing from the conflict. study up on your history young man.

Thanks
    i heard that it is estimated that north korea only has between 2-9 bombs. i dont think thats much compare to the other superpowers for them to compete.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.