Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Most recent images @ end of post...
Rendered using ballpoint pen.
Last edited by Yickth; July 9th, 2007 at 08:15 AM.
Thanks for the kind words [smile]
Last edited by Yickth; April 17th, 2005 at 11:26 PM.
Excellent work... and just for this abstract art post, i had to sign in and comment
First abstract (non lifeform) post i have seen on this forum its about time!
Unregulated Dairy Substitute
It's nice to see abstract on this site. I thought it got lost in photoshop.
i didnt know u could do THAT with a ballpoint pen ....AMAZING i am a huge fan of abstract art
WORD OF THE DAY >>>> APPLE
I like them, I got the impression that they were Metal-work jewelry, like broaches and such.
I saw dogs in some of them...
I kinda see the figure in some, if a bit disorted. Very very pleasing to look at.
Thanks again !
Last edited by Yickth; April 17th, 2005 at 11:27 PM.
Dude, these are excellent. May I suggest a large format, perhaps in oil, do a series and then an exibition...could turn out pretty well.
I also see a potential for sculpture...you are obviously beyond realism...which is great in my opinion.
Refreshing post...great work!
Here's a few more, plus one (unfinished) to show size detail and maybe process...
How the hell do you get lines that thin and consistent out of a ballpen?
seriously, you wanna design me a tattoo? pm me bro.
thats fantastic... i can almost make out faces or other shapes... but then i look again and i see nothing... which is y i like all of them so much.
erm... How do you do that??? This is really cool
my only suggestion would be give them titles to put the viewer in the right mood for a certain piece... otherwise they will eventualy blend into each other. anyway great, unusual work.
Wow...... At first I almost didn't believe they were from a ballpoint. How much time does it take you to do one?
cool abstract, some great respect coming from my way. so much consistency. can you aplly it to a realistic type drawing
man keep it up
i love ballpoint pen drawings
but i had no idea they were this... capable
Wow, very cool indeed.
About the roarchart test: I see birds flying over mountains of big breasests
In the one with the blindfolded jester the fork in his mouth has some perspective problems. In the dancing woman her hand looks a little funny cause it's so big, and the flying lizard isn't convincing at all with those tiny wings. Other than THAT they're pretty good.
That reminds me of my school years, when I used to doodle on the empty sections of the textbooks with my pen or pencils in the middle of a very boring class. (Have you been paying attention in class, Yickth?? )
I have an idea. How about making black ballpoint pen drawings thread here? Perhaps we can make a study of our own psychology which any of us can try to interpret? Nah, probably not. Too much work anyway !
What an interesting and refreshing post, Yickth!
TOO LATE!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!Originally Posted by Mr. Pale
Very nice drawings... they have an extremely cool feel.
• crazybrush - Working this up on a larger scale is something I'd love to do. There isn't a lot of room in my small apartment here in Tokyo, but once I have room to stretch my arms as well as canvas. Yeah, looking forward to that. As far as sculpture, that's something I'm also interested in. I hear soapstone is a good choice.
• SeraphSword & talmir - Thanks guys. The technique is to hit the paper with the pen in quick, flicking strokes. Starting slightly heavy and tapering off into nothingness. I go over one area doing that until it looks right, then move on. To begin the piece, I do quick, random swirls, then fill in the detail with the technique above. The quick line-work makes the curves smooth. I couldn't draw a smooth curve if I tried to go slow.
• Noc - Thanks for the enthusiasm, but would you really want this stuff on your skin for the rest of your life?!
Ok, it may be interesting. I think I'd have to tone down the detail, but if you'd like, send me a PM with details - wait, scratch that... just send an email directly to me: email@example.com
• Vague, Handel, ParkerD, and glikster - Thanks!
• DernierCri - You're absolutely right. I haven't gotten around to naming these newer ones. The older ones I did about 10 years ago all had names, and that worked well. Anyway, I'm on it. Thanks!
• I_WIN! 1-0 - Thanks! Time? I don't know because I don't knock these out in one sitting. If I had to guess, all told... maybe 2-5 hours depending on detail.
• injection223 - Thank you! Yes, I've applied this to more conventional type pics, but I'm not sure how realistic they were.
• Aberrant - Ok, now that was laugh-out-loud funny
• jeromoo - I'd love to see some more ballpoint work - great idea... and thanks for your kind words!
These are slightly earlier, and have a somewhat different style - no shades of grey; just black and white, and instead of a ball point, I used a technical pen.
All in all, still just overblown doodles.
013. Chestplatehead - 1994
014. The Road Complex - 1994
015. Not For Sale - 1995
016. Bound For Round - 1995
Wow these are great. Please please please explain to me how you do that with a ball point????
If i shoot the J then its "Good"
please hit up the SKETCHBOOK