Inkarnation's misplaced sketchbook(MODS:MOVE THIS TO SKETCHBOOK FORUM!!!)UPDATE 3/24

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp Inkarnation's misplaced sketchbook(MODS:MOVE THIS TO SKETCHBOOK FORUM!!!)UPDATE 3/24

Hello there, folks. Thought I'd give this a try finally(well, I haven't been around here for so long, so "finally" might be an overstatement). I probably wont be able to update daily, but I'll do it as often as time and priority allows me.
    Below is a tiny selection of my daily productions. Not all of it is particularly "sketchy" in style, but I guess that's just the way I work, and this selection should offer a glimpse into the variety(or lack of such) of my pencil sketches. I couldn't bother to dig through all of the sketch material I have lying around my place, so it's quite possible I've missed something more worthy of being here than some of the stuff I present below. But anyway, that doesn't matter, since this isn't so much about quality to begin with, rather about improvement along the way, if I've caught the point?
    Suggestions, c & c are welcomed of course.

Quick reference sketches from life, books and pics(the lonely dude is from real life, the other stuff from books):

Inkarnation's misplaced sketchbook(MODS:MOVE THIS TO SKETCHBOOK FORUM!!!)UPDATE 3/24

From my mind:
    (These three are actually based upon the general proportions of 2-5 minute croquis sketches I have drawn from life, but the final design itself is the work of my imagination: )
    Totally abstract:

Finally, this is my take on one of Marko Djurdjevic's sketches, done from memory. Quite a laugh compared to the original I guess:

Last edited by Gnosis; March 24th, 2005 at 03:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa! Just discovered that I managed to post this in the wrong forum. Now how did that happen I wonder...?
    Could somebody move this to where it belongs?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bump. Couldn't anyone move this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Regardless of location, your work is still very good, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinKing
    Regardless of location, your work is still very good, keep it up!

Thanks, I will. It's just a bit irritating that it's located in the wrong forum. I guess I could just copy and paste the post into the right forum, but I don't know if that's allowed?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Androids coloured with palette knives in Painter IX. I just discovered the palette knife, and allready I've fallen in love with the speed and flexibility of this amazing tool. Did these during a few minutes with no corrections along the way, so they're a bit impressionistic:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I have scanned a large batch of sketches...

I did most of these yesterday, a few of them today. The majority are done with cheap HB pencils, some have parts done with a Cretacolor 4B pencil. I have thousands of sheets like these floating around my tiny flat, and when I say 'thousands' I actually mean it literally. I drew for almost 15 hours yesterday, and my new training program consists of drawing for at least 58 hours a week. Scanning and uploading all of these took me some time, so I won't do another update of this size. I hope you enjoy, and also hope some moderator could move this thread to the right forum, since I posted it here by accident. Anyways, here goes...

From books(with bits and pieces from my mind thrown in between):

I have more done from books, but I couldn't bother to upload and resize them in slow photobucket right now, so here are three 10-minute life sketches of a girl from school. I have dozens/hundreds of sketches of her, but these will have to do for now:

And finally, here's some stuff entirely from my mind:

Sorry about the stupid sizes, I should have set a fixed size when I scanned them, but unfortunately I didn't. And the resize-function in photobucket seems to work only on some of them. Oh well...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa! The two first images in the post above have suddenly been dramatically downsized, without any action on my behalf?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, the naked guys and the emphisis on the penis is funny
    nice sketches, there are still some proportin flaws but that takes practice
    great stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not alot of comments here, but thanks, BAKI. I'm glad you enjoyed my penis
    You're right about the proportion flaws though, but the sketches on the last sheets(done without reference) aren't intended to be proportionally or anatomically correct. I'll come back with a small update as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha I never even noticed the penis, I had to scroll a few times up and down going where is it?? I don't see it!! And there it was right there in front of me. Anyway, I really like your shading, even though on some of the drawings the shading are in strange spots. The first girl's chest is really tweaked, but the 3rd girl was drawn really well. How long did those take you? Also the shading on the 3 drawings of the girls look really really flat, especially the 2nd one and kind of decreases the quality of the drawing. I'm guessing you were just doing it in a hurry though. I like the last ear you did too! Wish I could see those other 2 pages too but they're really small!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some that were done during the last days. I have tons like these lying around. It would take me too long to scan all of them, and my time must be spent drawing, so I give you a small selection.
    Reference stuff:

No ref:

Last edited by Gnosis; March 24th, 2005 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, ive seen that youre still active......why dont you show any stuff?

Members who have read this thread: 13