Newbie awaiting critique
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newbie awaiting critique

This is an acrylic painting. 24' X 18' inches. I would like to see what ya'll think. [IMG][/IMG]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wtf, ...is that....
    i dont know why but its awesome....it makes you stare at it...weird shit....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its a roller coaster ride dude. nice attempt at this piece. the problem i see is that u have trouble providing an accurate representation of the forms. also the sky needs to be worked on. just keeep doing ur art and you will see improvement. dont worry about it.

cool beans to you...my friend.
    sKeTcHbOoK update page3 (scroll to the bottom of page)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm..I can't comment too much on the cartoony style, so I'll stick to a a few other comments.

What I don't like/think could be improved:

-The right eye seems larger in places than the left eye (of the coaster)
    -The figure on the right side of the front row of the coaster is sitting almost in the middle of the chair...for a long while I thought that the blue "half" of the chair was more like a blue "third" until I noticed the blue between his legs...I don't think he should be bisecting that division.
    -Not overly fond of the flat section of track...are there only 2 coaster cars? If so, that's fine, but if there's more, either we should be seeing them behind the second car, or the track should roll and not fly off into the distance.
    -Would probably like to see some sort of restraints for the passengers...that's an insurance claim waiting to happen.
    -The sky, as mentioned, looks unfinished

What I do like:
    -I actually like the colors...sure, bright and cartoony and all, but I think it works ok with this picture.
    -I like the fact that you at least payed attention to some one point perspective
    -I like the rendering of the track in the lower right corner of the painting.

BTW, is this supposed to be a CD cover? Kind of has that feel.

In the end though, I'd really suggest drawing more before tackling a painting. Or at least plan out your painting with more drawing first.

Keep up the practice!

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks ya'll and Fukifio I appreciate your thorough critique. I wish I could rework this piece, but it is already sold. This is just a reprint copy that will soon be available for sale on my website. I know the eye was a little bigger, but in the end I thought it added character. Also they are aliens!... they don't need restraints, and probably has the best insurance available..haha. Also there are only 2 cars on this track, and it's at the very top of a large hill on the track. Thanks ya'll for the comments. Keep em' coming and I will post another image real soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.