Art: Photos From Arkansas

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Photos From Arkansas

Ok, I saw the threads on photos from Poland and Germany, so I figure I'd post one on Arkansas Just to let you guys know, I got my first "real" digital camera for Christmas this year, so I've been trying it out. I say "real" because the ones I had before were CRAP! Anyway, I got an Olympus C-765. It was a good deal. In other words, it was the best thing I could afford. So, yeah, now that that's said, here's the story and pictures.

I was on my computer this morning and noticed that it was really foggy outside, but the neighbor's nightlight looked cool shinning in it, so I decided to take a few pics. I got my tripod out, opened up my window, and started snapping them off.

Photos From Arkansas
    This is of the neighbor's nightlight shinning through the pines.

Photos From Arkansas
    These are some cars going by on the highway. I thought it kind of looked like that space ship from Close Encounters opening up. That’s not a deer; it’s a mailbox for any of you wondering.

Photos From Arkansas
    This is of my front yard with our nightlight in the top left corner and cars going by. I went out on my front porch to get this shot, barefoot I may add, on cold concrete. I really like the colors in this one.

Photos From Arkansas
    Also taken off of my front porch of some dogwoods with a car going by in the background.

Photos From Arkansas
    Just to change it up a bit, this is a Northern mockingbird that was in our dogwood trees around Christmas. We got a snow and it just seemed odd being there. I never really thought of them being around in winter, or eating berries. It was all fluffed out trying to keep warm and just begged for its picture to be taken.

These pics have been reduced in size for space on my site. Just for the record, we don't go barefoot here all the time. Even though I went out on cold concrete barefoot, well, sometimes nature can't wait for you to find your shoes.

-Brad Cossey

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love it !!!

Je suis vivant et vous êtes morts. pk.Dick

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, nice shots. The last one in particular.

However, I thought the last one could do with a contrast adjustment in photoshop, so I've done a little example to show how much better it could be:

http://www.nudnik-headache.net/bam/mockingbird2.jpg

I personally think that small change improved it a lot, but sorry if you don't approve of my tampering.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I kind of thought that thing blended into the background too much, but didn't really know what I could do to bring that out. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

-Brad Cossey

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.