Sketchbook: Steph's Brain Farts (NSFW): 11/17 - Creatures and CTN - Page 7

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol @ cameltoe. Nice animal sketches. And I like the redesign of your old character. I used to make little profile dossier things about my characters too. With random things like favorite foods and such. You didnt miss much by missing the "sketchgroup" yesterday. Me and Darktwin were the only people that made it out. Keep watching the thread though. I will make a regular group happen one way or another.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    0kelvin: Hey, thank you! I was watching some of my friends draw animals and they sort of did the same thing, with adding personality and not really worrying about having an exact replica of what they were seeing. It seemed like the way to go And yes, PLEASE unearth those Sonic drawings!

Jedmo: Hey! Yeah, I guess that defines a concept artist - someone who compulsively overthinks the personalities of their characters. I'm sorry I couldn't make it the other day, really the next 2 weeks are bad for me since I have a guest visiting from Boston. But I will get back into the group afterwards!

Ok, so the Pugfish have become a daily thing for me. Mostly. Here are the last couple of day's doodles:

CuttlePug: Docile, intelligent and an evolutionary mystery. It's gaping maw houses a bouquet of short tentacles, used for various feeding and mating activities.

Steph's Brain Farts (NSFW): 11/17 - Creatures and CTN

GulperPug: Resembling the Gulper Eel, the GulperPug inhabits the "Twilight Zone" of the ocean, feeding on the stray CuttlePug or WhalePug carcass. A living specimen has yet to be caught...

Any suggetsions for future Pugfish species?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    whalepug and sealpug...oh wait.
    killer-shark-pug!
    nice lookin so far,love the idea

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your rats almost caused me to commit cuteness seppuku. Jesus!

Love the personality you just inject into everything. And who didn't have old Sonic fan characters?

Where...can we buy some of these sea-pugs?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carni: Shark Pug is next on the list! Might look at basking sharks or hammerheads

Snuggles: Hahah, thanks dude! SeaPugs aren't legal for domestication as of yet, but you'll see in this next entry that the Chinese have been working on that...

The Celestial GoldPug: The result of thousands of years of inbreeding and the addition of carefully selected contaminates in the breeding pools, the small but inquisitive Celestial GoldPug is named for it skyward-pointing eyes and inexplicable fear of airplanes.

And here is a lil vector doodle for my friend and enviable co-worker, Pascal. It's all one big inside joke, but lately I've been getting off with doing vector fanart - kind of a zen thing to just copy the rules that are in front of your face.

Should be posting my Calendar Entry soon... once we hear back from the straggler judges

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Steph Laberis; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh good lord the pugfish are rediculous. Rediculously awesome! The coloured version of the celestial pug is my favourite, I think you cana fford to punch your colours like that more. and throw the odd specular or highlight over the lines not under, it will pop out the form alot more. On the same note you could maybe pop some of em out by cooling the background selectivly around em (or warming it up whatever is complimentary to the fishie) Very cool though, im a big fan.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the pugfish! They're very expressive and animated... my only very mild crit would be to be careful of the background you put them on. The GulperPugs look natural on their background, whereas the CelestialPugs look collaged on afterwards. Total nitpick, but there you go.

The katamari's adorable too, by the way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -what a wonderful sketchbook here. I like your line drawing & very impressive skill..... Keep em up.....GOODLUCK..........

Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The looseness combined with tight control of form is inspiring. Been saving quite a few to my favorites folder. rapidly closing in on 5star stuff imo.

Links
    Scetch Book
    AnimationMentor Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    GOd so much cuteness , all over the pages,
    Mostly I cant stuff cute and all , but sir , you are great, you made me love cuties again.
    More please.
    Muchlove,
    Bhanu.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the animal sketches and the pugfish. That set id classic and actually got me to giggle (but not like a little school girl). Love your style and range of stuff you have in here. Maybe I'll drag some old drawings out as well and redo them. Cheers!!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Specially dig the pugfishies and zooscetches. Nice and fresh cartoonish style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The aquatic-pugs are great! How about a kraken-pug

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet stuff steph (oooh the alliteration!!)
    Pugs are great, love the emotion and character you get into your work, it's something i really have trouble with.
    And yes... you found me at that other place, with the illustrators...
    I was pointed over there by my good friend lorenzo!
    -B-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy crap, those bubble-eyed pugs have got the best expressions. EVER. They look so helpless and confused...

I like the little invisible protozoa dude, too.

We should so go to the Monterey Aquarium... sometime in November maybe?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantastic illustration!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL!! awesome Steph. I love the pugfish. so darn adorable, I just want him to give me some wet sloppy kisses.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow those fish are wonderfull. i could totaly see a little kid with a stuffed one of those holdeing on to it for dear life.

never updated sketchbook

hopefully weekly updated blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    W1ked! this stuff just makes me so darned happy!

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhinxman
    wow those fish are wonderfull. i could totaly see a little kid with a stuffed one of those holdeing on to it for dear life.
    Good idea!! Steph you should make a series of stuffed animals like these, and when you do I want one! that would be soo cool.
    and another thing. Have you ever applied to Blue Sky Studios? because I think they would really like your work, especially these little guys.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those pugfish are awsome and funny and cute!!! Your linework is pure genius, these feel so alive and "fleshy", lovely!
    Post more please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy freaking crap - I wondered why I had so many replies to my SB all of a suddent and find 5 stars - O____O I'm speechless... that means a LOT coming from me...!

But holy crap, thank you!! Ok, here we go:

Rook: Thanks! It's been tough getting myself comfortable painting with color again; I'm used to using it in vectors that it's touch not to get mud when painting. Glad you think I'm on the right track

Gryphon: Thank you! I agree the Celestial Pugs aren't intergrated all that well. I intended on coloring the rest of the buggers and giving them all the same focal point, so in the final stages I will slap on that extra layer of paper!

Mag: Thank you!

Banshax: Aw dude, I'm flattered! ^__^; Thank you! And you were right about the stars... are you the one who voted me up?

Bhanu: Actually I'm a dudette, but dude works! Thank you for the kind words and for looking! A little cute never hurt no one... *evil grin*

Silvestri: AH! Just the reaction I wanted with these (the giggling!) Glad to know they made you smile, thank you for sharing! Shoot me a heads up if you drag out your old stuff and take another pass at it

Blacky: Thank you, glad you dig

Hito: MISS YOU DUDE! Wasn't sure about an Octo-pug since I already have CuttlePug, but if scale is the issue, I may well have to make him wrecking an ocean liner...

Badger: No shame in posting on Flight! There's a very whimsical and supportive community there! Thanks for checking in, your stuff is looking great as well

Emma: I'm game if you are for November! It would be ideal if we went right after thanksgiving, since I will have a friend visiting from FLA and he'll have serious fish and sketching stoke

Laura: Thanks much!!

Poise: Mwah! I like goldfish kisses, but I'm pretty sure PugFish mouths are worse than Komodo Dragons Glad you like... and regarding the plushies, I've contacted some of my old co-workers from Hasbro to look into it. They'r enot gonna mass produce these (that's my job to find a way to do that X_x) but I should get some crucial patterning advice ^__^ If I can find a way to make these without killing myself, you'll get one! And yes, I know of Blue Sky - your man works there, no? ^_~ The pugfish are actually the result of the "sketch a day" exercise we do at work and we send sketches all around... and apparently there are some folks from Blue Sky on that mailing list. I haven't heard anything from them if there are but man, I'd give anything for freelance there...

joelhiinxman: Hahaha! Check my reply to Poise above you there I"m workin on it, will be a nice winter project for me. Thank you for the kind words ^_~

kaktuzlime: Eee! Thanks dude, that's the mission of the PugFish!

Ent: Thanks hon! Killer calendar entry by the way... ooooh, don't you boys wish you knew which one I was talking about?

Ok, um... I hope I don't start diluting my sketches, but I do have a one-shot for today. Some studies for Siamese Fighting Pugs (Bettas!) and I will prolly flesh them out more tomorrow.

However!

Celestial Pug and CuttlePug are dressing up for halloween and using their sea urch-o-lanterns to collect plankton treats! Here's my first pass at Celestial's costume... I'll give a cookie to the first person who guesses what he is. Hint: video game! And no, he's not Uma Thurman.

Finally, this is a quickie flash doodle of one of my favorite movie characters... TWO COOKIES to the person who names the move, THREE COOKIES to the one who names the character! Hint: MST3K!

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh good lord these are rediculous. Pugfish is awesome and the crazy babushka lady kills me >_____< !

i know what its from!

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol oh goodness, I love those pugfish! the expressions are wonderful the description for the celestial pugfish really got me lol. also, though they were a little bit ago, I really like those camel drawings; really nice gesture to all of em. nothing I can see to crit, just keep up the great work!

oh and I have no idea on the lady, the movie, or the costume (though the costume feels a bit familiar...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You ACED the pugbettas. They look just as vicious as the real things...only...Puggy. Wish I could guess the costume, but that poor, poor, cute thing just looks like Odie to me. XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That pug in disguise is just awesome Steph! You should do a big pugfish wallpaper, I'd totally put them on my desktop!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha, those eyes crack me up. insanity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rook: Thanks hon! Marfushka thanks you as well

Onir: Thanks dude! I'm pretty close to starting up a PugFish Wiki... assuming no one messes with it for whatever weird reason. The mystery lady, btw, is Marfushka from Jack Frost. I'm hopefully doing a mini-series of the characters from the film, they're just too damn hilarious...!

Snuggles: Thank you! Glad to see another betta fan I still gotta draw up a final version, complete with gill flare! As for his costume, all will be explained later in this post

Ent: Hahaha, thank you hon! If you want a higher res of any of these just let me know, I'd be honored to live on your desktop ^_~

Donk: Thank you! A little off topic - none of my coworkers have any vacancies -___- will you still be coming to town this December?

Ok, you've seen it before, but I'm sticking it here anyway. The Spicy Mermaid!

I'll be doing some very quick cleanup before the printing, so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who has critted this rump-tastic lady!

Also, to get in the holiday spirit, I present PUG-O-WEEN!

Celestial GoldPug and CuttlePug have carved their Urch-O-Lanterns and are setting out on a trick-or-treating adventure to collect sugary krill! Celestial GoldPug is wearing his hand-made (fin-made?) Loco Roco costume and CuttlePug is living out his fantasy of being Davy Jones from POTC for a night! He stumbled upon a dead crab, saw the (nearly) hollow claw and was inspired!

Yes, I'm on crack. But it's good crack!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep, i'll be going to town. Seansea will host me for a few days after the workshop and i will try to get a job at a hotel and get a room there to establish residency.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I've already told you I love you Calendar entry, cool to see it here as well
    And those last pugfishes are the ones I want bigger for my desktop! You're on FIRE, girl!!!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4