Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I really like your versatility with changing between different styles. Great work! I mistakenly came across this site from a search for jumping monkeys (for a book I'm illustrating) of all things and this sketchbook link came up and found little about monkeys but found these awesome sketches. As you can see this is my first post, I just thought I should tell you how great I think your work is! Totally Awesome

P.S. I currently have 2 family members with Alzheimer's, both well along in years, but I have to agree watching them now compared to what they used to is quite challenging. You have my understanding and sympathy.
    Last edited by Grafixsuz; April 26th, 2007 at 09:11 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Steph, really sorry to hear about your loss .

The image you have there is very emotive, very well done. I like how your flat colour planes still have that bit of texture. They still read flat, but that small amount of texture just activates the whole thing.

Thanks for sharing, *hugs*
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your loss Steph. I really like the feeling of movement in the sepia doodles, i think i'm going to have to study them a bit more.
    -B-

Thanks
    love your stuff!!!! last piece is very well... my grandma also pasted away couple of months ago, also had alzheimer... so i know how you feel.

plz come check my sketchbook for some help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Steph, the drawing of your grandmother is touching and eerie. I am sorry to hear that she suffered from Alzheimer's for so long. Keep those happy memories going.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Hey Steph, sorry to hear about this, glad to see you can still remember the good times though. Take care
    The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Emily: *hugs* thank you hon. It's tough to post personal work here, there's a definite "pro" vibe here that conflicts with stuff like this. At least to me, anyway.

Carnifex: Thank you for your empathy. It's hard to watch and worse for the people afflicted with it.

Grafix: I'm honored that my artwork brought you out of lurking here - can you start up a sketchbook thread so I can return the comment to you.? Thank you very much for your condolences as well.

Brendan: *hugs* I'm glad the piece stirs a reaction in you. Thanks so much for looking and sharing.

Badger: Miss you hon. I'm glad you like the sepia doodles, they were created in a really lighthearted moment

Teh Gosu: I'm so sorry to hear. Thank you for sharing and understanding.

Seedling: Thank you hon. I'm going to pay homage my Grandmother by making a batch of corton, which is this awesome French pork spread she used to make for us as kids. It sounds gross and looks like dogfood. But them's good eatin's

Dave: Thanks dude. I hope you're holding down the fort OK with your big project

So, not a lot to report, except that I have started playing with web layouts again and that I've reached 2 options that I'm liking. I worry that I am pigeon-holing myself into a cutesy, childish image, but hopefully the icons will help defy that image. I just want the site to be memorable, clear as all hell and simple.

Steph's Brain Farts (NSFW): 11/17 - Creatures and CTN

And for your monthly dose of personal work...

This isn't the end of the story of course, more of a recurring theme. There will be future installments (I hope).
    Last edited by Steph Laberis; May 22nd, 2007 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    aww teh site is so very much visiitable and homely.Its cute, but it could be mroe cozy , by I dont mean childish , funny , just more homely.

Thanks
    Hey Steph, awesome stuff!

The web designs are looking great! Think the first one is better, better colour harmony. Second is great too, though I'm not sure if the green is working - maybe a yellow instead? Dunno, maybe its just because I'm not a fan of green.

Haha, the comic made me laugh a little. Meh, you have my sympathy and empathy, for what it's worth .

cheers!
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Dar... I've seen you all over the girlie forums, plus I'm familiar (ish) with your work/style... so I don't know why the crap I haven't been to this sb before!! Loving your stuff, from the little cartoons/renditions of yourself to the touching image of your late grandmother. Great.

Oh, and I the pug fishies... have you made those stickers yet?? I have some friends who love pugs, and I'd totally buy some.

Were you at the San Fran workshop in December, by chance?

~Boho
    GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    Bhanu: I'm glad you're responding well to the layouts! I think I am gonna move forward with the PugFish layout, perhaps tweak the palettes a bit.

Brendan: Thanks! There seems to be a pretty unanimous vote for the PugFish layout thus far, so I will tighten that one up. And no need for sympathies hon - I'm just trying to get some thoughts on paper is all Glad you managed a laugh though, it was meant to be a little light-hearted.

Bohemian: Thanks for stopping in! I am almost out of stickers but I have plenty of buttons. If you PM me a shipping address I will gladly send you a set. And yes, I was at the workshop but I was sort of laying low - I'm not in any known pics and sort of lurked about. If you saw a chick in a black pea coat with a brown cap, it was me

I forgot to upload this yesterday - I have had this idea tickling the back of my head for a while to draw up my brother and I in the style of Foster's Home, with our childhood imaginary friend, Anchiwa Wontopeteeka. I need to get ahold of some more reference (mainly clothing ref, we were true children of the 80's!) but I plan on vectoring up a scene that totally mooches off of the style of the show. You know, another shits n' giggles project.

Thanks
    haha i love your stuff. i like the pug fish one. i love how hes looking at the hook like wtf. i think it would be funny if there was something on the hook looking at him like wtf. there is something about it that makes me think of shag tho.
    i love the drawing of you brother with his socks half on(i remeber my parents bugging me about that). he looks like hes trying to intimadate someone.
    never updated sketchbook

hopefully weekly updated blog

Thanks
    Pugfish all the way, thanks for refering the better game design book in the lounge I really I'm more than halfway through it, and I have to say it is a really interesting read. sorry to hear about grandmother, I really like the portrait of her.

Cheers,

Thanks
    ah the imaginary friend idea is so cool!
    personally i like the first web layout, hopefully im gonna buy my domain name tomorrow! =D
    oh, and hopefully you should get your parcel pretty soon

cool stuff again steph
    Fran

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    ah,can't wait for more sketches of this,foster's rocks!
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast