C.O.W. - #001: Mascot - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C.O.W. - #001: Mascot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dixon
    Fozzybar - Where's yours?!
    Yeah Fozzy, where is yours.

Bloody nice work all, and thanks to those that commented on my piece. So far my favs are Julls, Dixons and Thestrals, but theres something in everyones i like. Slash, go to hell.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like all, but in the spirit of this thread I think THESTRAL has a great one.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,996 Times in 2,562 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    these are fun!!! hahahah!!!!

It will be interesting to see where this is leading!

j

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 30% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everyone is doing a great job. Fun stuff!
    Here is mine....

C.O.W. - #001: Mascot

The NEW mutant baby displays the ever changing ever transforming theme of the NEW Creature Of the Week contest. Whereas the plush COW toy repersents a consistent place where you can always come to for fun and entertainment. I sketched out a pencil rough and the rest is 100% photoshop.

Last edited by Gaither; February 1st, 2005 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kick Butt Work

Wow, totally rockin' art...

I just spotted this new thread this morning.... GHAAAA! Two days to come up with something..... I'd better get to work. So do we have until Wednesday before Mindnight to turn this in or what????

I Love MD's cow with the +2 Cleaver.... my pick so far.

-Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Matt Dixon, OLSEN:
    Yeah, where's mine? I am not sure if i will have some time to do something...kinda busy currently, but i will participate for the next rounds for sure anyway...
    Matt, i really love the description you made...that's what i was talking about in the rules...i think we really should try to write some stuff about our drawings, this is a site about concept-art isn't it? It really helps the viewer to understand the piece and the concept at all...

arteric:
    I think i will close this thread after wednesday midnight, between wednesday and thursday...if not i will do so until thursday evening for sure!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought I would throw something into the ring here, Great thread!
    Matt Dixon's entry is top notch (my fav).
    I decided to just go ahead with this piece, I'll post the other ideas in my sketchbook thread instead...

"Oh drink the milk of the weekly C.O.W., let the creative juices of imagination flow freely from every purple pore..."

Last edited by Stitchface; February 3rd, 2005 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa, awesome pic stichface.. i like your design best so far.. 2nd choice would be matt dixon's armoured cow..
    great stuff so far. i am sorry i didnt have the time to participate. i will definitely submit for the next event.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow Concept Art

Hello all,

Here is my submission for the Creature of the Week Illustration Contest thingy... I have updated this mere hours before the deadline. Added a cloudy night background to create more of a sense of place, not just floating in white space. I also muted the colors, I noticed they were WAY over-saturated after a second look.

I (as with most) also went with the cow theme. The subject (a cow caught in the middle of a costume change) is symbolic of the various images and creatures we will be creating over the weeks to come. A single being doesn't quite capture the "in-flux" nature of the Creature of the Week" thread, so the costumes add to the sense of multiple characters even though there is only one, our cow quick-change artist. I tried to place a variety of images from alien to robot to organic creature (even the prop sword brings to mind the orcs and warriors I am sure we will be seeing in the months ahead.)

I can only hope this image stands up against some of the incredible submissions I have all ready seen.

Stitchface: Incredible.The lighting and the textures leap right off the screen. A realism approach to a fantasy image.

Matt Dixon: Awsome. The brush strokes are great texture work. I love the little pencils and paintbrush tip added to the staff.

Shadow: The image is a powerful one. As we read left to right, so does the cow become more bizzarre (sp?) as our eye moves in that direction. A simple but effective layout.

Thestral: I love the details, the scribbled out notes in the corner... the single brush propped on the paint tube. It is the details that make this one cool.

Jull: Perhaps the most "mascot" approach out of them all. The creature is just strange enough to make you stop for a moment, but enough seems real (llama?) to make you think you have seen this creature before, giving it a familiarity. The fact that it painted the logo on itself is GREAT!

Olsen: Great strength to the image. I love the COW tatoo and the udder rings. The small etching detail in the gun is great.

Enough compliments, everyone did cool work. can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Eric

Last edited by arteric; February 2nd, 2005 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Updated Image

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey i REALLY had to rush this one!! Spent about 20 mins on the sketch a few days ago, and about the same on the colours

Cartoonfox: I actually drew this the morning before you posted yours, i nearly killed myself laughing when u posted!!! Great minds think alike

Unfortunately yours was a little more technically profound than mine

Went for a logo-ish approach, ended up completely not how i foresaw it!!! Hope the saturation dont make your eyes bleed - didnt have time to fix it.

Love you all!!! GO COW GO

*edit* fixed the shite ink splats. ps, i still hate the text.

Last edited by Form; February 2nd, 2005 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys really strange kind of art here...in apositive way

Fozzy are we speakin about 12 pm in Europe??? hope you don`t close the thread so I can also post my "cow"...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is not exactly a time as a deadline like 12 pm...for this round it's wednesday, but i will close this thread thursday evening, so no matter where you live you will have enough time regarding the "normal" deadline i set...this will be same for the next rounds...no one should complain there was not enough time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my C.O.W. the Cow God. He eats dairy farmers. I hate him.

...woodshed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay people forget everything what you think to know...what you`ll see now will change your consciousness forever...

that`s it, the ancient udder from outer space, came to our earth to feed its children with the juice of wisdom and creativity
    I have tasted the liquid in the mind of the universe, and was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own SHIT...
    think I listened too much funkadelic while workin on this...

forget to say: thats my third try with my tablet and I spent 3 days of fun with this
    no refs used

Last edited by guterrez; February 2nd, 2005 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Red x Gluterrez - kinda want to see it after that description
    --Edited after Image appeared--

Lol - that's awesome! at first I thought it was a heart... raw and exposed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WEll, I know I'm not going to win - so, this is purely for the sake of participation.

^
    Look! It stood up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh My God The Headcrabs Are Evolviiiing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

gleep gleep moooooooooo

I haven't posted in a long while, been lurkin' lately and I thought this was a really fun contest of sorts, I couldn't get past the cow idea either but I thought I'd have a crack at it. I love Julls, Matt Dixon's and Stitchface's those are really cool. Nice work all around guys. Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here's mine...actually i had no time and wanted to skip this round for me...but after Matt's and Olsen's call i had a bad conscience, hehe...

And i don't know why, but you guys managed it to infect me with this cow-visual...actually i didn't want a cow...but it must have burnt into my subconscious or something like that...

However here's my try...the mascot of cow....with seven teats for seven days, squeezing all the necessary skills and ingredients for a creature of the week on every day of a week...collecting the cow-essence in a special bucket...drink it to the last drop...

JOSHUA, MIKE, where are yours?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow

Here is my Utterly Foul Cow...ugg. Mine is a bit too gross for my taste.

Fun stuff Guys!

-Joshua James

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ugh lol.. i have nothing to show, although there are some really awesome submissions here. I'm going through some troubles at the moment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

today

I wish I had 10 bucks for every time I logged in this week to see if a new cow had been posted LOL. Some really great stuff posted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha! This thread just keeps getting better..! I want to do more cows next week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work everyone.

I wish i didn't have this stupid project I doing for a job interview so I could do something for this. I had all these composition sketches and a ton of ideas. I'll try to squeeze it next week just to say that i did it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MIKE:
    No prob, i know you will post in a round later...you can't do without creatures i know, hehe...

Matt Dixon:
    Noooo....i should have named this activity with something different

Amish Commy:
    I think i will close this thread after the deadline and the final thread is set up...i am not sure yet, but it seems to be the best solution...you can post your entry in the final thread then...

I am happy that this turned out so great so far...motivates for the next rounds...i will post c&c on the final-thread with the poll and all images posted in...

Last edited by JoshuaTheJames; February 3rd, 2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: 'sigh' The Bold and Large words specifically said that image wasn't mine ^_^ ...anyways Jeff will post it again...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent work from all. I think this is going to be a very popular thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some great works so far guys. I wish I had an ounce of time to work on this, I am missing out on all the fun...

Shawn Adomanis
    www.shawnadomanis.com
    Sketchbook

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" – The Wizard of Oz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Udder Lunacy

Hi everyone!!
    I have been watching and admiring so many artists on this site for a while but have never really been involved. I really like all the cows posted so far and there is a lot of creativity to draw from.
    The colors of my cow are not typical of my normal palette. I was drawing in blues and pinks to mock my good friend JoshuatheJames's style. Muhahaha!!! Both he and I went to the same school together. If any of you know who McNallyism is, I also went to school with him and we roomed sophomore through senior year. So, if there are any stylistic similarities, thats why. I normally draw in more subdued colors but I thought this would be a fun exercise.
    Anyways, this cow is not done but its close enough for now. Hopefully I will be able to post more of my work soon. I've been putting most of my effort into concepts for Turbine Games, developers of Lord of the Rings Online, where I am currently finishing up the monster designs. I hope you like my cow!!

--JEFF MURCHIE

Last edited by MURCHIE; February 3rd, 2005 at 10:30 AM.
    JEFFREY DEAN MURCHIE
    Concept Artist
    Gearbox Software

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW! Absolutely Amazing works here guys and thanks to those who commented on mine. I really am blown away by the different styles and interpretations of just this first subject. This thread is great!
    As far as I'm concerned they're all Winners!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS FIRST ROUND!

It really turned out great...now go here for the VOTING:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=398451

This thread is closed...any c&c go in the new thread...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 4