Anurizm's Anatomy Study Thread
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anurizm's Anatomy Study Thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anurizm's Anatomy Study Thread

Well I have started this thread to help improve my knowledge and ability to draw anatomy. all I ask is please crit intelligently.

Torso

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

check out books by Andrew Loomis, hel'll pump your stuff to the next level. don't expect quick results, it'll take you a year , maybe less, for your anatomey to be up to par...looking out for you....

doctor greenthumd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have begun to take a different approach at this. A lot of people suggested I learn from inside out, so I can understand the muscles and structure a bit better. So I am going to do so by working my way from head to toe. Here I am currently working to understand the skull in front view. I am still unhappy with how they are turning out though. seems they are unproportional etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why not try some quick gesture drawings of people in motion. Don't focus too much ot little details, if you can get down the flow of the body and the pose. Break from photos and books and get your friends and family to pose, life is always better to work from.

Not too bad a start, the skull is a wonder step to learning, just keep trying things and you'll get there.

Dead dog for sale - Skulldog Studio - Sketch Journal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulldog
    Why not try some quick gesture drawings of people in motion. Don't focus too much ot little details, if you can get down the flow of the body and the pose. Break from photos and books and get your friends and family to pose, life is always better to work from.

Not too bad a start, the skull is a wonder step to learning, just keep trying things and you'll get there.
    thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see someone else working from loomis.... im currently doing the same. One thing that I think you should concentrate on is making sure that you have an overall balence to the picture, especially with the skull the left and right sides will be very similar if not identical.

:::: Alita.co.uk ::::
    My CA Sketchbook
    Escapologist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am now a bit more happy with drawing the skull in front view now time for side views.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting. The way you do thing individually is'nt all that bad. Like the head of the girl is'nt that, it does not some work. same with her torso and legs. But when you put them together it's just not proportional. Grab a maxim magazine or a fitness mag and try drawing some of the bodies. You'll eventually get a feel for it, I'm finally starting to

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey folks,
    sorry it has been a while since I have posted, I have a pretty good size dump. I have these sketches in the order I have done them, you will see the progression, but I still have problems. I have been guided to go back to basics and draw simplier forms. so hopefully you guys will guide me to the light

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Shapes

The bodies are often to long and the legs to short in your earlier drawings of women. Some artists tend to elongate the legs and shorten the body(remember Betty Boo on the side of old bomber planes). You might want to try this as it is also a technique employed by fashion illustrators and comic book artists as well.
    I find it really helpfull when trying to draw acurate and dynamic anatomy to first sketch very simple shapes such as cillenders for legs and arms, triangle shapes for hips and balls for joints and so forth. You can find this in the How to Draw Manga series or How to draw Marvel series and most anatomy books or online, I Sometimes use adult mags for cost effective reference.
    Keep it up, the human form will always be the most pleasure to the human eye otherwise there wouldn't be so many of us!

Peace.
    Sky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Redleg
    The bodies are often to long and the legs to short in your earlier drawings of women. Some artists tend to elongate the legs and shorten the body(remember Betty Boo on the side of old bomber planes). You might want to try this as it is also a technique employed by fashion illustrators and comic book artists as well.
    I find it really helpfull when trying to draw acurate and dynamic anatomy to first sketch very simple shapes such as cillenders for legs and arms, triangle shapes for hips and balls for joints and so forth. You can find this in the How to Draw Manga series or How to draw Marvel series and most anatomy books or online, I Sometimes use adult mags for cost effective reference.
    Keep it up, the human form will always be the most pleasure to the human eye otherwise there wouldn't be so many of us!

Peace.
    Sky
    I have been using the cylinder and ball shapes for sometime now, you can see in some sketches where they are visible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see that it becomes a challenge to locate the shoulders in the right spot. I think is because (from what I have noticed) you're concentrating only in the front part of the human body.
    Tip: Everything in the back of a human is bigger than the front.
    Tip2: I don't know if you do this already but I would consider drawing from reference if I were you (meaning pics of real people, not drawings).

I could see some progress on some of you're studies....so keep practicing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by thek0n
    I can see that it becomes a challenge to locate the shoulders in the right spot. I think is because (from what I have noticed) you're concentrating only in the front part of the human body.
    Tip: Everything in the back of a human is bigger than the front.
    Tip2: I don't know if you do this already but I would consider drawing from reference if I were you (meaning pics of real people, not drawings).

I could see some progress on some of you're studies....so keep practicing
    yeah I use ref for every sketch I do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your measurements are way off.

if you're using photo reference for these things, then take measurements right from the reference pic, with your fingers, pencil, ruler, whatever.

concentrate more on measuring the proportions, and forget the details for now. learn the basic measurements of the human form (i.e. - about 7-8 headlengths top to bottom, shoulders are about 3 headwidths, etc. etc.)

none of these things are set in stone, every body type is different, but you've got to know the basics. working from photos is hard, it tends to flatten everything out. if you can, try some life drawing, if you can't, try using pics of skeletons for ref.

Hey dog. . . . did you see the size of that chicken?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Prehistoric
    your measurements are way off.

if you're using photo reference for these things, then take measurements right from the reference pic, with your fingers, pencil, ruler, whatever.

concentrate more on measuring the proportions, and forget the details for now. learn the basic measurements of the human form (i.e. - about 7-8 headlengths top to bottom, shoulders are about 3 headwidths, etc. etc.)

none of these things are set in stone, every body type is different, but you've got to know the basics. working from photos is hard, it tends to flatten everything out. if you can, try some life drawing, if you can't, try using pics of skeletons for ref.
    thanks, I know the measurements and stuff, right now everyone (cgtalk) are taking me back to basics getting my hand and eye cordination down and draw what I see. I am going to draw some wooden cubes later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Look at proportion a lot closer, that's the biggest problem. Most often I see that the shoulders are too broad, especially in the women. In your skull sketches you're also drawing the nasal opening much too low, it should come at least half way up the eye socket if the head is level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here are some more, still lacking volume and on the 2nd page her breast are lop sided :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here are some volume sketches that someone from the pencil suggest I start doing. so expect some more like these for a few days or so.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey folks,
    it had been posted over at cgtalk "The problem is that youre not studying anatomy, you are just drawing what you think people look like. If youre still having trouble with all the info provided here, i suggest you start drawing muscles and/or skeletons, or try focusing on specific ligaments of the human body." so now i have started back working on the skull.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.