Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
i haven't posted art here in a while, but i hope to change that. So here's my latest piece, it's for a personal project and i hope you fine people like it, even though i had to rush it at the end. If you have any constructive feedback, please let me know. Cheers.
Really nice. As Serpian said, it does have a Star Wars vibe about it. Which is good.
You saved it as a very low quality jpg, though. So some of the detail is lost on the characters.
I like the image, but the foreground seems a little overpowered by the background to me. The colours are quite strong and there's a lot going on, in the background. Maybe it's just me.
I don't agree with Jens, it looked like mist that youd find in mountains to me (everyone has a different opinion on that) but even then drawings don't have to be logical, thats why we have the genre fantasy, Imagination is far from logical, you can have dragons and creatures with two heads but it is just a matter of others opinions I guess. I think this is a great piece, and I agree with the others. It has a star wars feel to it.
Nice piece. I think that the perspective is a bit off on the flying ship thingie. I think we should be able to see just a tad of the bottom.
very nice design.
here's what i have in my head while looking at it. (in terms of advice ):
- you could emphasize some of the shadows. or make them more visible. for exemple, on the first foreground building. it is receiving light, but the shadows aren`t clear enough.
true, sometimes it is happening in natural envorinment, depends on the weather. but in this piece, it could help having a few more precise lines here and there, and shadows would be the right way to do it.
same for the middle building on second plane.
- radiosity. would be perfect here having the dark sides of the structures being "illuminated" by the surfaces receiving light. it would have a realistic touch to the whole thing.
- in terms of design: you could have a better "form" connection between the background mountain and the middle mountain. the "stair" structure is not repeated in the far mountain. it will give more depth if you keep at least 30% of the form similar in the background. edit: jens is right according to me, however, no need to exactly repeat the design. it is just a question of having a logical progression)
- the perspective on the "patio" with the two characters is off. you could for exemple define a bit more this area. and also define where the perspective point(s) is located on the horizon line. and if this surface is supposed to be an ellipse, it will be useful to define it more.
- the central building: a small perspective problem in it. the top of the left part is not having the same perspective than the top of the higher tower. according to me, you should fix the lower left main tower, because of the viewer's position. that lower left main tower's roof is too horizontal for now.
- the color/tones of the background are maybe a bit to different. you should try adding some sort of atmospheric glaze in the back. you will lose some colors but you will gain in realism.
hope it helps in a way or another.
i never have time to leave enough crits on CA. and this piece definitely deserves to be on the upper podium with a tiny extra amount of work.