Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbid's sketchbook

Thanks
    After reading Mentlers thread and the demos on his site is think I got a better feel for how complicated the body is, and more determined to learn anatomy.

Bob - 9 hours of legs in one day . Is that constructed legs with like bone and muscles, or just an outline? How much do you study the anatomy? 9 hours... thats crazy man, with motvation like that youll be among the best if you only study the right things and in the right way.
    Sure you can post some head studies if you like! I saw some great ones on head in perspective on Mentlers site. If I find them Ill post a link later.

Icey - Youre right. Yea I hope to see some progress aswell. Thanks!

MuffinMan - Ill take that as an compliment -thanks man!
    /Daniel

Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    9 hours.. legs and muscles.. maybe.. 1 or 1.5 hours learning and checking the leg muscles with hogarth again.. i try to learned the placement.. they are irregular placed in 3d space.. like random stuff... u cant also say the leg has a front side.. its just fukin smooth and

i started with the legs outlines.. while i made good progrress with this.. *maybe 2 hours* i started adding all muscles for legs* but i drew them simplified.. like a leg constructed out of drops .. easy gemetrie.. is good way to understand proportions easier

i studied anatomie and muscle placement more then 3 month ..in the first month where i started drawing .. i learned a lot.. evry day reading and drawing

what iv also done is : u can draw one leg and then u rotate that shape on ur paper sheet.. u can draw each shape on 360 variations
    360^360^360 = full 3d * see my signature*
    i tried to draw leg clockwise and not clockwise * dunno what wise it is * that helps me to draw leg from more then one view.. and its gives u fast shhep controle.. iv done these for profiles too.. it helped me to understand how to rotate my stuff and how to keep my proper in perspective whilee it rotates *3 axis rotation*

another thing is.. iv drawen the leg from diffrent views and rotatet theses shapes around the clock too to really be sure that u cann see the shape i need to draw in my mind first.. only then i can draw it.. before all these studies it was really hard to get the shape i need to draw.. thats why i really understand ur problems.. i know them as my own butt
    thats why i studie like this now

i still got problems with the inner leg side and some leg movement limitationss + foot

iam really motivated yes my feelings need to be expressed if i fail ill be depressed and die

wasnt easy to find out what and how to study next and right but its worth doing it ! besides drawing i really like to help and teach other drawing later when iam pro or something .. then i can share all my knowledge

ill post some head studies here or in my book soon.. next stuff ill study will be :: ripcage throat head + muscles for throat ripcage and back*

when u think i can help u.. just ask and ill do what i can

Thanks
    Hehe I see, thanks man!
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    First page I used one of Mentlers demos as reference on the block heads. Morbid's sketchbook

Morbid's sketchbook

Morbid's sketchbook

Morbid's sketchbook

Morbid's sketchbook
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    New pictures. I like the anatomy better on these.
    Morbid's sketchbook

Morbid's sketchbook

Morbid's sketchbook
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    yea nice studies - good progress

i dunno if u have seen my tutorial about heads and stuff O_o

but i think u got the basic idea behind this

use a sphere and a cross to indicate where the head is looking at and then try to add other features

keep it up !

pss : if u like to see my tut - just tell me

Thanks
    Thanks bob, I can always trust on you to reply.
    Yea I saw your tutorial i think. But Ive seen more than one from you so I dont relly know which one you mean.
    It feels like I do the same mistakes over and over when I draw heads. But I cant see it because Im so used to seeing my own drawings.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    http://www.fragtasia.de/bob/2dstuff/...head_draw_muh/

http://www.sketchbooksessions.com/th...hlight=#279851

these 2..

try to get ur shape as good as u can.. only use a few lines and keep it simple..

do this for profile view and front view between these u only get foreshortening.. when u draw rotated heads.. ur lines from jaw and chin and so on getting shorter.. orther lines appear others dissappear

i start with a sphere and then i check which shape fits to which head shape.. u get diffrent shapes when u look up or down.. between these shape .. u have simple shape transformation i mainli orient my face at the jaw and chin

u can get all head shapes out of a sphere

u can draw cubes to understand foreshortening bit better..
    1 keep it simple
    2 keep it complex

i am still elarning heads.. very hard because all the detail and features.. and i got same problems like you.. with the chin and the other half of the face + nose *damn nose *

Thanks
    Morbid's sketchbook
    Morbid's sketchbook
    Morbid's sketchbook
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    When i draw something that I really like then I get this kind of block. I get afraid that I wont bea able to draw that good again. It feels like its better than me if you get it. Thats what I felt like after I drew this. (I know I still suck tho )
    Morbid's sketchbook
    Last edited by Morbid; February 6th, 2005 at 01:40 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    ur stuff is getting better.. and yes.. its better then you.. because u dont know.. but he knows.. when u draw.. u collect experiences which helps u to collect knowledge about drawing and how to draw heads..

iam still drawing heads.. since .. 6month or so and i still cant draw them when i draw half rotated heads they look like yours u cant draw c00l heads without drawing these.. u need these experience to get something better.. no evolution without revolution

try to draw heads mor simple just with a few lines.. its easier to allign just a few lines in the half rotated head view then full detailed head with shading

these 2 heads.. are much better then the heads above here.. u already fixed some mistakes which is very g00d

maybe u should do some more studies to orient the head ... to get an idea about how other parts dissapear when u rotate ur head .. u can take a look in a mirror and then u look and rotate ur head.. just check how the shape of ur head changes

keep drawing

Thanks
    I think its very true. Thanks bob. I just drew another head which I really like I will post it in a minute.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    I think I must focus on the procedure, and not on the final product as much.
    Morbid's sketchbook
    Last edited by Morbid; February 6th, 2005 at 01:39 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast