Sketchbook: Morbid's sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Morbid's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Morbid's sketchbook

Been thinking of starting a sketchbook for a while. Thought now was just as good as ever so here it is. Will update as often as I can.

Ill start with some anatomy sketches I did today:

Some various sketches with a self portrait in top left:

Self portrait:

Me drawing in mirror, messed up the head but like the pose:

Critique welcome!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Morbid; February 4th, 2009 at 06:39 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep them coming!!

BUNNIES!!< Forget the bombs in your eyes!> BUNNIES!!

"Dane is such a table switching , he's gonna get some weird STD... "Ya a Stupid Table Disease", timing is everything!

http://mengde.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go here why donchya!!

my sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36643

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ill try!

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A tree scene

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Crappy heads, I think I have some issues with the jaws.

Another head

A new thumb on that sheet of thumbs.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

c00l stuff !

:: i think its not the jaw.. not only.. its the perspective too.. like.. u cant draw the nose from front when u draw the head from above.. the orientation will be wrong

when i draw something wrong like this.. i try to see how all the stuff is alligned and oriented in 3d space.. all shapes have their own special allignement for each degree *360 total * and then i draw again with another diffrent orientation * i have lotsa problems with the jaw too *

i measure the allignement according to the heads profile.. when u draw a good looking profile.. ssee how the jaw is alligned.. its not like this _____ and not like /

when ur jaw is like ____ ur head will look up
    when u got something like / ur head is looking down.. between these 2 orientations .. there are many others.. try them out...

its like.. u can raw the head looking straight in front... but when u daw the jaw like looking down or looking up .. the result will twist.. all parts must be alligned correct ...

think about perspective and foreshortening + how form and shape is alligned in 3Dimensional space

simplifie ur heads to measure the angle orientation easier

*check ur first self portrait.. its good jaw its good.. all stuff is almost alligned perfect.. ur not lookin up and not looking down.. use that as an idle orientation.. now u can rotate the whole paper sheet and uwill look up or down.. then heck the jaw angle again .. rotate the line and rotate the rest of ur face too.. keep the relationship *proportions and characteristics* same and u get ur stuff rotated..

then heck how the jaw lines looks when u see face from front.. its the same line but its FORESHORTENED u cant see the distance of ur jaw from front view.. but from side view.. connect both views and draw all other orientations between front= 0 degree and profile 90 degree rotated * keep foreshortening in mind.. when u rotate.. ur lines just getting shorter

______ *profile
    ____
    __
    _
    . *front

i achieved lotsa shape controle this way.. now its much easier to draw my stuff from diffrent views which is what i want

hope this helps

keep it ** !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bob, lots of info there. I will give it all some thought and then do a lot of head studies. Thank you.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New heads, the top down view is tricky

More arm anatomy

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

ho ho,,, wow man, thats pretty cool
    shoot, your anatomy is the best,, cool stuff u've got man,, keep em coming!!

the Head studies,, the one with head down is my favorite,, try to draw differnt kind of heads in this position,, haha, i really liked that one,, Someday im gonna make it ,, SOMEDAY

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    I draw my anatomy studies out of a book, soon I might start try drawing them from memory. Cool you liked the head!

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp

yea thats it ! i think u got the basic idea

iv done heads like this 2.. over and over again.. mopre then 200 paper sheets i think

see how the outlines are.. and then compromise with the outlines from another head view.. like front top and below.. then connect these lines.. like jaw line chin and zygomatic bone and so on.. when u rotate ur head or change view.. u just change angle and form or ur shapes.. same for nose lip and eye shape diffrent shape.. but same rules

i can do some head shape studies if u like.. maybe this helps a bit.. i can post them here or ill just post a link

when i draw head .. i start with a sphere*circle then i find my orientation * wehre the head is looking at* and i draw the stuff inside the sphere.. most important is to keep the orientations and perspective in mind.. to get all stuff alligned in the same perspective.. yesterday ... iv drawn.. more than 9 hours only legs after 7 hours i saw that i improved a bit

keep it uub

*top view is damn tricky lotsa parts get covered by other parts O_o

Last edited by -sideshowbob-; January 23rd, 2005 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think you should build more everything you do, by construction lines - lots of them!
    Comeon! Hope to see progress soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your drawings are as morbid as usual, lol

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After reading Mentlers thread and the demos on his site is think I got a better feel for how complicated the body is, and more determined to learn anatomy.

Bob - 9 hours of legs in one day . Is that constructed legs with like bone and muscles, or just an outline? How much do you study the anatomy? 9 hours... thats crazy man, with motvation like that youll be among the best if you only study the right things and in the right way.
    Sure you can post some head studies if you like! I saw some great ones on head in perspective on Mentlers site. If I find them Ill post a link later.

Icey - Youre right. Yea I hope to see some progress aswell. Thanks!

MuffinMan - Ill take that as an compliment -thanks man!

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

9 hours.. legs and muscles.. maybe.. 1 or 1.5 hours learning and checking the leg muscles with hogarth again.. i try to learned the placement.. they are irregular placed in 3d space.. like random stuff... u cant also say the leg has a front side.. its just fukin smooth and

i started with the legs outlines.. while i made good progrress with this.. *maybe 2 hours* i started adding all muscles for legs* but i drew them simplified.. like a leg constructed out of drops .. easy gemetrie.. is good way to understand proportions easier

i studied anatomie and muscle placement more then 3 month ..in the first month where i started drawing .. i learned a lot.. evry day reading and drawing

what iv also done is : u can draw one leg and then u rotate that shape on ur paper sheet.. u can draw each shape on 360 variations
    360^360^360 = full 3d * see my signature*
    i tried to draw leg clockwise and not clockwise * dunno what wise it is * that helps me to draw leg from more then one view.. and its gives u fast shhep controle.. iv done these for profiles too.. it helped me to understand how to rotate my stuff and how to keep my proper in perspective whilee it rotates *3 axis rotation*

another thing is.. iv drawen the leg from diffrent views and rotatet theses shapes around the clock too to really be sure that u cann see the shape i need to draw in my mind first.. only then i can draw it.. before all these studies it was really hard to get the shape i need to draw.. thats why i really understand ur problems.. i know them as my own butt
    thats why i studie like this now

i still got problems with the inner leg side and some leg movement limitationss + foot

iam really motivated yes my feelings need to be expressed if i fail ill be depressed and die

wasnt easy to find out what and how to study next and right but its worth doing it ! besides drawing i really like to help and teach other drawing later when iam pro or something .. then i can share all my knowledge

ill post some head studies here or in my book soon.. next stuff ill study will be :: ripcage throat head + muscles for throat ripcage and back*

when u think i can help u.. just ask and ill do what i can

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe I see, thanks man!

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First page I used one of Mentlers demos as reference on the block heads.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New pictures. I like the anatomy better on these.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

yea nice studies - good progress

i dunno if u have seen my tutorial about heads and stuff O_o

but i think u got the basic idea behind this

use a sphere and a cross to indicate where the head is looking at and then try to add other features

keep it up !

pss : if u like to see my tut - just tell me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks bob, I can always trust on you to reply.
    Yea I saw your tutorial i think. But Ive seen more than one from you so I dont relly know which one you mean.
    It feels like I do the same mistakes over and over when I draw heads. But I cant see it because Im so used to seeing my own drawings.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

http://www.fragtasia.de/bob/2dstuff/...head_draw_muh/

http://www.sketchbooksessions.com/th...hlight=#279851

these 2..

try to get ur shape as good as u can.. only use a few lines and keep it simple..

do this for profile view and front view between these u only get foreshortening.. when u draw rotated heads.. ur lines from jaw and chin and so on getting shorter.. orther lines appear others dissappear

i start with a sphere and then i check which shape fits to which head shape.. u get diffrent shapes when u look up or down.. between these shape .. u have simple shape transformation i mainli orient my face at the jaw and chin

u can get all head shapes out of a sphere

u can draw cubes to understand foreshortening bit better..
    1 keep it simple
    2 keep it complex

i am still elarning heads.. very hard because all the detail and features.. and i got same problems like you.. with the chin and the other half of the face + nose *damn nose *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When i draw something that I really like then I get this kind of block. I get afraid that I wont bea able to draw that good again. It feels like its better than me if you get it. Thats what I felt like after I drew this. (I know I still suck tho )

Last edited by Morbid; February 6th, 2005 at 01:40 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ur stuff is getting better.. and yes.. its better then you.. because u dont know.. but he knows.. when u draw.. u collect experiences which helps u to collect knowledge about drawing and how to draw heads..

iam still drawing heads.. since .. 6month or so and i still cant draw them when i draw half rotated heads they look like yours u cant draw c00l heads without drawing these.. u need these experience to get something better.. no evolution without revolution

try to draw heads mor simple just with a few lines.. its easier to allign just a few lines in the half rotated head view then full detailed head with shading

these 2 heads.. are much better then the heads above here.. u already fixed some mistakes which is very g00d

maybe u should do some more studies to orient the head ... to get an idea about how other parts dissapear when u rotate ur head .. u can take a look in a mirror and then u look and rotate ur head.. just check how the shape of ur head changes

keep drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think its very true. Thanks bob. I just drew another head which I really like I will post it in a minute.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I must focus on the procedure, and not on the final product as much.

Last edited by Morbid; February 6th, 2005 at 01:39 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

yea that looks really great

u can try to imagine a head.. then see how its alligned.. is it looking up or down or straight forward.. then see how the jaw and jin line is alligned and draw a cube that represents that shape.. and then add some detail and features.. keep it simple to get the controle.. after some studies i think it will be much easier to draw a head.. when u feel save u can try to draw something u like

when uv done this.. see where u made mistakes and then do some studies for this feature to get some more contrlole about this shape in perspective iam doing this too its a real good fast and effective way

take a look in a mirror and see how the nose shape changes when u look slighty up or down.. try to memorize 3 shapes first.. for looking up looking down and one forward.. when u good at drawing these .. memorize some more shapes to draw the shapes between looking up and straight forward or looking down and forward.. u just got slightly diffrent shapes..u can practice all of this with drawing cubes and 1 rotate the cube in space or 2 rotate just the cubes shape

be patient

keep drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just for the record.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Made in oC. Hope we can oC again soon Ilja!

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.