Sketchbook: Eli's Not So Daily Sketchbook [Updated Feb 12]
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Eli's Not So Daily Sketchbook [Updated Feb 12]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Eli's Not So Daily Sketchbook [Updated Feb 12]

Hey guys.
    I've been on this board for maybe less then 2-3 weeks, but ive known about it for more than 7 months by now.. I've always enjoyed browsing through all the wonderful artworks that are here.. always a great sight to see. I am one of those artist that i see often here post saying, 'I just got my courage to post here'.. thats basically me. Anyways, im 18, i am all self taught. I have always been drawing here and there, but not until August of 2002 did i get really involved in art. The 'gate' artist that got me really intrested was Luis Royo. After that i got into more fantasy artists and classical painters. As time went by i got into Concept artists and viewed their amazing work.. and right then and there i knew that i wanted this to be my future. Doing conceptual work for games/movies.. basically work in the industry. I always loved the idea of having my ideas/visions concepts put into movies and games..
    ever since i was at the amazing San Fran ConceptArt workshop i felt so jealous of other peoples sketchbooks.. so i decided instead of sketching here and there, i will sketch more often. I would also like to thank foster and JP for opening my eyes that SVA might be a great choice for me.. and just stay in the East coast.. at least for now. Anyhow, I noticed how far many people have progressed with their sketchbooks. Truly wonderful work. I might as well just sketch and sketch more before moving onto the digital and painting in general aspect. Gotta get everything in order...

Sadly i only have 1 day a week (mondays) of life drawing classes.. so right now im gonna get everything together of what i've been doing for the past maybe.. 5 days? (i missed the this weeks class because my friends car was unusable at the time).

By the way, i know the negative white space is a tad annoying.. but im starting to get looser more confident with my drawings, so you'll see that less and less I'll try to update this as frequestly as possible to see how i progress myself.. Always good to see how far you go along.. hm i also noticed the scanned versions look a tad worse then the originals..

Anyways enought talk. (These arnt in any order.. i forgot to number it.. , i used Vellum paper & mechanic pencil.. love vellum.. )

Edit: http://members.lycos.co.uk/lordspewb...tchbook/Jan20/
    I put my older works here so it doesnt load as much when i update

Hm.. anyone got any tips or suggestions how i could make the scanned versions look a tad better? all i do is resize it from 300 DPI 8.5/11 in to 1024 res and do a auto contrast to make the lines pop up.. thats about it.

Also: check out the work im doing for my high school year book:
    pic 1 - still not done.. im tryin to pick up Dan Milligan's 'smooth/loose' b&w style.. didnt work out :p
    pic 2 - done 2/3 months ago.. supposed to be the 'progression/evolution' of the high school students in my school.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/lordspewbarfer/YearBook/

ANYWAYS (final anyways for now) hope you enjoyed looking at my 'notice' sketches.. hopefully i move on nicely as time goes on..
    ill keep you posted

Last edited by LordSpewbarfer; February 12th, 2005 at 11:28 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Final Red Years - A Few MOD Concepts

Oki.. i decided to post 8 of these concept art pieces for a MOD that never made it.. shame.. would of been nice to be involved in a video game early..
    these were mostly my first attempts at just screwing around with helicopters..weapons and cars.. these are done with HiTechs .25 / Microns .25 - .30s / Cool Greys Prismacolors... and one is just a pencil drawing of what was supposed to be one of the promotional pictures for the MOD.

Thats it for me for today.. phew.. lets hope i improve now.

Oh and by the way, i am TOTALLY sorry for those with slower connections.. i must of killed your load times with this crap.. sorry! lol.

edit:
    just use this link so this doesnt load as much: http://members.lycos.co.uk/lordspewb...YearsConcepts/

Last edited by LordSpewbarfer; February 12th, 2005 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi and welcome to CA !

you're hopefully gonna learn alot by the critique that people will give you, if you listen to it and practise everyday

cheers man, nice pictures !

ps. draw draw draw

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some new stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane
    Hi and welcome to CA !

you're hopefully gonna learn alot by the critique that people will give you, if you listen to it and practise everyday

cheers man, nice pictures !

ps. draw draw draw
    thanks for the only, and a warm welcome.. your stuff is superb by the way

hey whats up guys.. well i've been experiemnting more with digital before i go back to working my ass off on traditional.. so i got a mix for you.. i finally got my sketchbook from BookFactory.com.. (its awsome.. its actually a hardcover sketchbook that a lot of people had in the San Fran Workshop.. .

anyways here some older stuff just to update my 'artistic progress' :

i picked a couple of my favorite sketches.. you guys are always welcomed to browse through my site for more.. but ill post what i think is humiliating to post here

gotta sharpen on my life drawing skills... i guess ill just keep drawing even more..

reason its cut off is because this is on 18x12 in paper so i couldnt scan the whole thing without getting the top and the bottom cut.. by the way its still in progress.. im planning to do a city in the back to give it a even darker mood.. (Tools used: HiTech .25 Pilot / Prisma Cool Greys)... ill keep you posted on the progression.

ok, now lemme show you my digital work of how i progressed from my older 'dead tone colors'.. (by the way you dont have to tell me to work more on traditional.. i just use Photoshop/Painter to get better at color visualizing/mixing before going to traditional.. helps a lot with color knowledge.. )

these 2 are older works that i did in the begining of the school year.. i used mainly photoshop..( explains the round brushes ) these 2 took me about 5 hours each.. these feel more like sketches to me

ok your gonna see a lot of these.. for the fact that people keep asking me to make these in school.. they like these colorful portraits on photopaper on 11x17 paper..

i like this one because of the colors i mixed in here.. the photo originally had dead looking colors.. i added nice reds in here

somtimes simple is good.. i didnt work much on this.. maybe 2 hours or so... lines too me the most to keep correcting.

im still working on this you can check out the full rez verison in my Digital section.. i really like the color template i picked for this.

haha.. donno why i sort of like this.. its very bright and cartoony.. and i never liked those teachers

you might of seen this.. the one with no replies anyways.. this was the first look of its kind.. i like the colors and the rough look.

oh and i gotta get into the whole design groove that got me started in photoshop from the start..
    heres a logo i did for someone who is planning to have a small production company..

he's pretty happy with the results and thats all that matters

OH! and by the way.. i forgot to scan my first page on my new sketchbook.. check it out..

thanks for looking! now i go back to sketching everything i can possible be able to !

Last edited by LordSpewbarfer; February 12th, 2005 at 11:35 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 3