Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

The story behind your nicknames

I always wonder why everyone chose their nicks, some people are obvious, but others are a bit crazy.

Personally I was reading a simpsons comic, and it had a list of barts wish list. The top entry was 'peace on Earth, war on Mars'.

And everyone wants peace on earth...so they must want war on mars too!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    mine is a mix between a BF 1942 pirate mod, and the misfits

Thanks
    Im unoriginal, this is my actual name.

Thanks
    I'm not very original either...this is my last name in Italian

Thanks
    A 'skink' is a lizard. A hero, well...
    As for online gaming, I needed a nickname for myself - and in the end I just stuck with SkinkHero.

Thanks
    Taj, it may me unoriginal, but that is a sweet name man.

Back in like grade 3 or 4, my friends always used to call me Sandy. One day, one of them clues in and realized that their is no "d" in my name, Sanborn, so he started calling me Sanby. It just kinda held onto it, and now I use it for everything.

Sanby

Thanks
    my name combined with my love

Thanks
    Fuck if I know!

(sigh, it never gets old!)
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by James Kei
    Mine is named after a guy who's really into himself.
    Lol, do you admire yourself in the mirror?

Sanby

Thanks
    Many many years ago, behind seven seas and far far away, lived a very beautiful and talented young man, he is actually very funny too, and has a great body and so on . In his early years he discovered football( soccer), he started to like it. Then he met COMPUTER,this thing told him a secret that he can play massive multiplayer online games with it, so he discovered a game called Helbreath, but there was a tiny problem, this idiot didnt have a nickname. One day he was watching tv (teletubbies), suddenly he saw a commercial, it was an Adidas commercial. Football players had a disease, they couldnt stop twitching (like hitting or joggling with a ball but there isnt a ball). The disease was called futboliit. Then the boy with no nickname decided to use that as his nick. He hadnt heard about copyright, so he spent 25 years in jail but eventually got out.(he changed his sexual orientation many times in jail). When he got out Adidas wasnt using that word anymore so eventually he had a nickname. At first everyone was making fun of him, but after giving some money to bigger guys and beating up the smaller ones they stopped teasing. But because everyone were lazy and didnt want to write that long nick all the time they shortened it to fut. From that day the gorgeous young man started using FuT as his nickname. He is still pleased and happy for that nick. The hansome boy and his nickname are still living happily ever after.......BIG donations of money for the ex-prisoner are very welcome, pm to fut if you are a good person......with lot of money, so he could go to the next workshop for rehabilitation.
    Last edited by FuT; January 18th, 2005 at 03:39 PM.
    FuT-o-RamA
    My sketchbook

Thanks
    my birthname is "Jetpack42 Lentz", I just shortened it.

Thanks
    i used to go by godforge in multiplayer games, then started looking for a less-than-holy nickname. i played magic the gathering as a teen and urza's saga came out with a card called the "eviscerator" (evisceration = removal of the bowels). This sounded appealing. After playing counter-strike way too much (yeah i'm one of the beta-kiddies) i decided some l337 speak was in order, but just a phoenetic... so it changed to Evisr8r (like sk8r... yeah yeah, i know, i was a teenager, so sue me).

Anyway, you may wonder where the "skivvy" comes from... well I used to go to lan's in sicily with some navy guys from ages 25-45 and they heard my name and said "Eviscerator? we're gonna call you skivvy-raider". I go by skivvy or chris in chat/forums and Evisr8r in games.

Thanks
    Alas, my hands are small.....no really...

Thanks
    If you want to hear more there is another thread like this somewhere in the depths of the Lounge.

-JtJ

Thanks
    my english teacher was showing the class an example, and he needed a name, so he came up with WillSchnevel Merscaliskivitch off the top of his head, and I was like "that's rad." And I made it mine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    my birthname is "Jetpack42 Lentz", I just shortened it.
    too funny.

Sanby

Germany( Cologne )but actually from Ukraine
    Thanks
    mine is a russian hero, my real name is Roman
    Daily Sketchbook

""Take from the rest of us all that you can assimilate,
    that can become a part of you, but never still the small voice that whispers to you, "I like it better my way".----Andrew Loomis----.

Thanks
    Back in the mists of the early nineties I found myself traveling about, teaching English in foreign lands and selling art on the fly. I was accused of being a vampire (as in some people thought I was an actual vampire) in Sumatra and after a slight period of people trying to thwart me with anti-vampire tacts (which failed, since I am not, in fact, a vampire, as far as you know), I lived rather well.

Upon returning to the mundane world, in a quirky way, without telling people, it stuck. I get the "cross with the fingers" bit and people thinking I am undead. I am nocturnal, but heck, I haven't drank blood since.....the last time.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    It all started out as a heated debate about striking aircraft workers. A couple of years ago I was talking to some friends about a group of USAF personnel that were going on strike. What bothered me my unfortunate predilection to getting involved with every basket case the USAF could throw at me. One such aircraft haunted me for almost two years, it had a "512" on it's tail number, so it was duly christened "Fubar 512". It probably became the most expensive aircraft ever to serve with the Air Force. After some more repair work on old "Fubar 512" we decided the town's one and only bar sounded like a fun place to visit. In our gangsta Mercedes we pitched and hurtled through the night arriving to a lurching stop outside the pub entrance. It was there we run into Muriel the "Great Grandmother of Heavy Metal" who was playing bridge on her head, and tying toy guns to chess pieces. Not wanting to be discourteous we ordered a round of drinks. Alex was by now quite hilariously drunk and posessed the most infectious giggle I have ever heard in my life. Each shot was followed by one and my sides where aching by the time we stumbled out and tried to find our way back to base camp. There it was base camp, a factory, which appeared out of no where. The building had an antediluvian style of architecture which was very odd because this type of style was before factories were around. I headed back with my girlfriend to our room. We climbed into our welcoming double bed and as young couples are want to do, decided to stress test the bed. The bed held but was very wobbly, banging into the wall quite a few times before we moved it away. The next morning we clambered out of bed, a nice pounding in my head reminding me of the night before. We met the others in the kitchen and James cracked a joke about how my I must have been redecorating the room last night. Everyone laughed, we blushed and mumbled apologies over our corn flakes and milk.

Thanks
    cause i'm like an EXPLODING STARrr!!!!!!!

Thanks
    i have an irrisistable taste for muffins...
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    have had an idea for a comic or graphic novel called "Prehistory" for a long time now.

that, plus i'm finding a few grey hairs on my head now.

feel old. . . .prehistoric. . .
    Hey dog. . . . did you see the size of that chicken?!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    i posted this somewhere else in the lounge already, so you have to look there.or ask poopinmymouth,i told him in san fran.

fukifino-that cracks me up. is it pronounced this way in real life also?
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Nike of Olympia has fascinated me since I've been to Olympia. I'll always remember the flowerish words my colleague spontanousley found when holding his presentation there, still tired of the night before.
    Well, and it s part of my name. That people often thought too long.
    When I chose my nick I didn't think about the brand. So. um. well.
    "The reason why truth is so much stranger than fiction is that there is no requirement for it to be consistent."-Mark Twain

gone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redder
    It all started out as a heated debate about striking aircraft workers. A couple of years ago I was talking to some friends about a group of USAF personnel that were going on strike. What bothered me my unfortunate predilection to getting involved with every basket case the USAF could throw at me. One such aircraft haunted me for almost two years, it had a "512" on it's tail number, so it was duly christened "Fubar 512". It probably became the most expensive aircraft ever to serve with the Air Force. After some more repair work on old "Fubar 512" we decided the town's one and only bar sounded like a fun place to visit. In our gangsta Mercedes we pitched and hurtled through the night arriving to a lurching stop outside the pub entrance. It was there we run into Muriel the "Great Grandmother of Heavy Metal" who was playing bridge on her head, and tying toy guns to chess pieces. Not wanting to be discourteous we ordered a round of drinks. Alex was by now quite hilariously drunk and posessed the most infectious giggle I have ever heard in my life. Each shot was followed by one and my sides where aching by the time we stumbled out and tried to find our way back to base camp. There it was base camp, a factory, which appeared out of no where. The building had an antediluvian style of architecture which was very odd because this type of style was before factories were around. I headed back with my girlfriend to our room. We climbed into our welcoming double bed and as young couples are want to do, decided to stress test the bed. The bed held but was very wobbly, banging into the wall quite a few times before we moved it away. The next morning we clambered out of bed, a nice pounding in my head reminding me of the night before. We met the others in the kitchen and James cracked a joke about how my I must have been redecorating the room last night. Everyone laughed, we blushed and mumbled apologies over our corn flakes and milk.
    What in the FUCK?????

And Carnifex..it's pronounced however you like.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    my name's not from the incredible Hulk (god, I hate that movie). I was tryng to come up wth a clever hotmail name (I used to be kungfusquid@hotmail.com), and this was the first one that had a nice ring to it.

Then I realized it described me perfectly.
    Andrew Murray
    Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
    www.theincredibleandy.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 737 Posts
    My name came from when I was in a five piece all-girl singing group a few years ago. Each of us had a name that ended with the word 'spice. Because I spoke with a strong 'Posh' accent, amazingly it became the first part of my name. I have since married a famous footballer and settled down.

Thanks
    'Twas circa 1994, when I moved to Beverly Hills as part of my dad's sabbatichal, and among the many nick names given to me because of my Hebrew name, was Hamster. In 95 I changed it to sound more gangsta and I stuck with it ever since.
    Even sign my art with it...

Thanks
    Mine's the real deal. Nicolas. But actually most people call me Nic (but that one was taken ). I was supposed to be called Linus, but when my mother was pregnant with me, she was reading Playboy on the bog(for the articles(I hope)) and there was something about a frénch author whos first name was Nicolas (with a "c" mind you, not the usual "ck" in germany)...so thats how I got my name.....
    I'm a burnt child

NIC

p.s. - redder....uhm nevermind.

Thanks
    It is always the word I think of when I am behind the camera.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast