Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Revolution: rumors / speculation thread

Thanks
    Well in just seeing the E3 video of the revolution it is more than obvious as to how BEHIND nintendo really is. Gamecube was late in E3 with promises that it would never happen again and now look, Revolution is no different.

You go to E3 without controllers! Are you kidding me! Then you promise it is going to be even smaller, this is not a hand held you guys! I'm glad they discovered something called the internet.

There isn't enough backwards comp in the world to save this machine. With 360 and PS3 comming out so strong the gap between the rev and those consoles will be even larger than the ps2/xbox/cube.

And the rev is going to fall straight into it.

Good luck Rev fans.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I couldn't agree more. Nintendo is on the way out. I would hate to buy another console that they will stop making games for a year from now. There focus has obviously shifted to their last stake. (The handheld market.) I predict they'll be making games for PS4, and xbox 3!

They can beat their Donkey Kong bongos till the cows come home!

Thanks
    My guess is Nintendo's "Revolution" involves something online. Maybe they want to be the IPOD of the game world? The machine is small, portable, backwards compatible and has some sort of online store support.

I'm expecting the big news to be something to do with easy online interaction. Online play? Game subscriptions service? Downloadable game features? A new way of buying and playing games.

A smart move for them is to not try and compete in the tech geek war. Let PS3 and XBOX slug out to be the king of tech, while loosing money on their machines. Instead ,side step them and create a new market. Maybe low pricepoint the machine, offer a subscription based game service.

Imagine if a parent could just subscribe to Nintendos online game store for a monthly fee and leave the kid to then play anything they wanted on the Nintendo game store. Easy no hassel entertainment for your kids.

Hey Scuba? You play any WoW? There is a Scubasteve on my WoW server.
    Last edited by Artguy; May 18th, 2005 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    yeah, the online part of revolution is a big part.
    it will be be wireless, and completley free. no subscription of anykind.
    also, not only can you play gamecube games, but there is a huge online archive of every single game on every nintendo home console (dunno about gameboy games) all the way from nes up to gamecube games. i look forward to getting my n64 games back, which i needed to sell to get enough money for my gamecube ^-^

i dont know about the price, but im guessing it will be pretty cheap, atleast compared to 360 and ps3.

and to you guys who dont like nintendo/revolution, well thats great you think that way of nintendo, but try not to post here everytime you feel the urge to bad mouth them, this thread is to talk about the revolution, not diss it. make a new thread if you really want to...

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    bet you any money nintendo reveals rev controler on last day of e3 and owns everybody,
    heres hopin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebob
    bet you any money nintendo reveals rev controler on last day of e3 and owns everybody,
    heres hopin
    lol, well im guessing it will be shown as a suprise either today or tommorrow, E3 is ussually full of suprises, from all companies.

whether it will own everyone or not... it could be the most awesome thing ever, and ps3 fans would still not be impressed ^-^
    it will impress me though... like you said, here's hoping ^-^

nice to see a friendly face around here ^-^ now that sammy is gone away for E3, im kinda on my own here ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    No Artguy, I havent gotten WoW yet, but have been meaning to. How is it? Is it better then FFXI IYO?

Don't get me wrong guys, I welcome competition, the more companies that are in this the better, and I dont have any ill will for Nintendo. I still have very fond memories of many of there games, I just think they have lost there focus to some degree.

About the WAY-backwards Downloadable games and so fourth, While I think thats really cool, I dunno if its quite cool enough to keep them afloat. I would imagine its prodominatly the old school gamers who would be interested in the pre 64 games, and they would probably opt for a more mature system anyway.

When does E3 end? IS Saturday the last day? Aren't all the big revelations over after a few days?
    Last edited by Scubasteve; May 19th, 2005 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    E3's last day is tomorrow. and i think it opens today in about 2 and a half hours. (sucks im 8 hours ahead of LA time ^-^)

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    A lot less has been revealed about the Rev than about the PS3/Xbox360 right? Maybe too early to draw any conclusions about 'winners and losers' then?

I think they're creating too much hype around the controller, which could be damaging if it's just a touchscreen thing that's tilt sensitive or something relatively simple, which I think they suggested it were... (simple but so far not used in controllers). DC had the little screen memory card though.

The design is gonna be important too. Everyone enjoy mocking joypad designs.

Why is it so small? I wouldn't care if it had 3 times the mass.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    nintendo revolution | what we know so far

Nintendo Revolution: rumors / speculation thread

this is just a run down of everything we know about the revolution so far, in one place so people can find the infomation easily.

well, to start off, the name, "revolution" is still a codename. nintendo havent decided on a final name for it yet, although they said the same thing about nintendo DS being a codename, untill it became its actual name, so who knows...

as for the design, the console shown at E3 is still a prototype. the final console will be smaller, lighter, and maybe a slightly different design. the colours shown are also just temp. nintendo havent decided on the final colour(s) of the console, so it may not be jet black when released

it can be placed either flat down, or vertical, using a stand. the actual size hasn't been given, but its about the size of 3 dvd cases put together. and like i said before, it will get a bit smaller before its launched.
    almost nothing about the specs have been released at all, but what is known is that it has 512 MB of flash memory, which will be used for downloadable content and game saves. the memory can be ugraded (a bit like a pc) using an SD memory card, placed behind the flap at the front of the machine. below the blue light. it also has one dual-format front-loading disk drive (the blue light), which can read both dvd's and gamecube disks, wireless controllers, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and built in wi-fi support.
    when placed verticle on the stand, the console tilts back, which makes the perspective in some photos confusing, but you can see a clear picture below. im not sure if this stand will be the final design, but i like the slanted look.

online gaming will be ready at launch, and is set to play a big (if not huge) part of the revolution. currentley a super smash bros. sequal has been comfired as a launch game and will be wi-fi online enabled. square-enix has also comfired they are making a final fantisy game for revolution, which will also be online in some way. there has also been hints that an animal crossing game is also in the works, which would most definatley be online. this online feature will be completley free, no subscription is needed, just take the revolution out the box and you can connect to every other revolution owner. this online feature is being made with IGN's gamespy, like the DS online features.

one thing that came as a nice suprise to most, is the fact that you will be able to download a back catalogue of nintendo games from every single console ever made. all the way up to N64. the ultimate backwards-compatible ^-^ apparentley nintendo still havent decided whether or not to charge for downloading each game. nintendo have also said that they are in talks with other companies to try and get 3rd party games to join the archive. i just really hope i can download snowboard kids and silicon valley for N64 ^-^
    for the gamecube games, there is a flap on the side of the revolution that has 4 gamecube pad slots and 2 memory card slots.

it is still not been comfired that revolution will be able to play high-definition games, although this has been rumoured for a long time. shigsy simply said when asked, "im not sure if i can say yet" ^-^ although IGN thinks it will be able to support atleast 480p, and maybe 720p or 1080p, seeing as nintendo said at one point you would be able to hook the revolution up to a computer monitor.

next, the big question, why wasn't more shown at E3, and when will we see more ^-^
    well, in interviews with several nintendo guys, the main reason that came up in all of them was that they dont want to release the controler and info on what makes the revolution a revolution, untill both sony and microsoft have made their specs and designs set in stone. shigeru myamoto had said that in the past others had stolen ideas and used them in their own consoles. he said that it happend when they released the analouge stick, sony then used it in their design, then the rumble feature, sony and microsoft then used it, then wireless controllers, now all console controllers are wireless. they dont want to make the same mistake yet again, so they are waiting. it is thought that we should know more by the end of the year, seeing as xbox360 will be released in the US in november. at one interview, nintendo president satoru iwata further comfirmed this by saying that although right now they are keeping many secrets of the revolution, he feels that by the end of the year they really need to reveale to the worldwide audience what the mysterious proposals they have are all about. so we should be gettin bits of infomation throughout the next coming months, and hopefully by christmas we'll know almost everything the revolution has to offer.

well, i think thats everything so far, although there has been little E3 official news, there have been loads of things said in interviews and stuff, so im sure i've missed some info here and there. if anyone has anything else, please add it to this thread. and i'll be posting when and if i get anything thing else. although E3 is almost over (just a few hours left)

hope you enjoyed that ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonFox
    well, in interviews with several nintendo guys, the main reason that came up in all of them was that they dont want to release the controler and info on what makes the revolution a revolution, untill both sony and microsoft have made their specs and designs set in stone. shigeru myamoto had said that in the past others had stolen ideas and used them in their own consoles. he said that it happend when they released the analouge stick, sony then used it in their design, then the rumble feature, sony and microsoft then used it, then wireless controllers, now all console controllers are wireless. they dont want to make the same mistake yet again, so they are waiting. it is thought that we should know more by the end of the year, seeing as xbox360 will be released in the US in november. at one interview, nintendo president satoru iwata further comfirmed this by saying that although right now they are keeping many secrets of the revolution, he feels that by the end of the year they really need to reveale to the worldwide audience what the mysterious proposals they have are all about. so we should be gettin bits of infomation throughout the next coming months, and hopefully by christmas we'll know almost everything the revolution has to offer.
    ='s "Oh my gosh we are screwed!!!" Nintendo has once and for all had it's ass handed to them. Next thing you know they are going to put Metroid on horseback. Everyone is seeing right through this smokescreen, Iwata's comments are like Honda saying "No wait, don't show the new car because it has air conditioning then all the other car designers will put air conditioning as an option in their designs." Give us a break, I used to be a HUGE nintendo fan and to be honest I have watched this dynasty commit suicide one too many times. They fell behind, they had no idea that PS3 and X360 were going to be at this kind of level and they are bottom line scared. Mario, Zelda and Met all in the same game driving around in carts couldn't save Nintendo now. Or LOL Nintendogs for that matter.

This being a speculation thread, I speculate that within the next six years Nintendo is going to balancing on the border between going under and being bought out. The revolution is going to be a second household console purchase at best. The gap is simply too big now.

Thanks
    Nintendo will be around for a long time to come.
    to develop a game it already costs 10-20 million....with the specs on the PS3 and the XBox360, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that any independent developer will be able to put something together for one of those systems that meets the quality that people are expecting.
    With Nintendo, who has always been more focused on GAMEPLAY, I think it'd be far more appealing to companies that don't have the budget of EA, to make games that people will be able to appreciate without having them photo-real featuring cut scenes every 5 seconds.
    ...not to mention that Nintendo is definitely going to own with their new controller....even if it's not as outrageous as we're imagining, it's definitely going to offer some new element to the gameplay.

the G's: guns, graphics, gore, girls and gears....while at the forefront of most concepter's minds, they have never been key elements in the fun-ness/enjoyability of a game.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    You hit the nail on the head bro. I thought it would be obvious by now but i guess people are pretty hard headed.

Nintendo is Aiming on purpose to be a secondary console!
    they cannot compete with sony or microsoft period , both companies can put systems out, lose massive amounts of money and still bully nintendo out of bussines

nintendo has found its niche, as a companion system to either ps3 or xbox.
    thats is why the revolution is coming out later than both systems and will be cheap as dirt in comparison to ps3 and xbox prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Presence
    ='s "Oh my gosh we are screwed!!!" Nintendo has once and for all had it's ass handed to them. Next thing you know they are going to put Metroid on horseback. Everyone is seeing right through this smokescreen, Iwata's comments are like Honda saying "No wait, don't show the new car because it has air conditioning then all the other car designers will put air conditioning as an option in their designs." Give us a break, I used to be a HUGE nintendo fan and to be honest I have watched this dynasty commit suicide one too many times. They fell behind, they had no idea that PS3 and X360 were going to be at this kind of level and they are bottom line scared. Mario, Zelda and Met all in the same game driving around in carts couldn't save Nintendo now. Or LOL Nintendogs for that matter.

This being a speculation thread, I speculate that within the next six years Nintendo is going to balancing on the border between going under and being bought out. The revolution is going to be a second household console purchase at best. The gap is simply too big now.
    No man should be less than what he is.
    sketchbook- http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61756

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast