Nintendo Revolution: rumors / speculation thread - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Revolution: rumors / speculation thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, i just read the article, i wasnt aware that it was being speculated about before i read that...

imagine, though, that nintendo did allow indie developers to run homebrew code out of the box. what with their free multiplayer across the internet, they could even have some sort of system like Steam, where indie developers could get syndicated and distributed via an official download system. revolutionary? i think so. it would give the platform a massively extended life span and im sure it would generate massive sales. Valve knew the value of their independent mod community, look where supporting them has gotten them - why not do something similair with a hardware platform? better than dual-touch-sensitive-vr-3d-accelerated-smell-like-fish controllers if you ask me...

...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonfox
    lol, you didnt really think that they ment anyone could make revolution games, did you?

i think they just ment that small developers with small budgets (ie the complete opasite of EA ^-^) can still make great, big budget looking games on revolution ^-^

peace
    Even indie filmmakers need sizable budgets for their movies. Now, the Swedish art film equivalent of videogames being made for Revolution would rock my world.

Last edited by Conchobhar; May 25th, 2005 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a small update...

NOA's vice president george harrison just comfiremed in a interview (at various came sites) that the nintendo 1st party games for nes, snes and n64 are indeed completley free to download.
    if 3rd party companies want to charge for their old games, i dont think nintendo can do much, but atleast the 1st party ones are free ^-^

i'll keep the updates coming ^-^

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now if the third party games were free as well, i'd be converted to the Nintendo religion again. Thanks for keeping the updates, cartoonfox!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I swear, I'm more exited to play a Link to the Past on the revolutions then anything else.

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got A Link To The Past from the internet (i still own the original cartridge, so it's not exactly illegal), and i've got an adapter to hook my PS2 pad to my computer. The adapters are amazing, you can get them really cheap and they work like a charm. At least mine did, don't know the brand, but it cost me ~8 euro which should be about $10.
    I played through the complete game in a matter of days, was a blast. Playing it on the computer screen is even better than TV, I wish i could afford a HD TV. If the controller is good and it's easy to download the games, the Revolution sounds like a great deal. Plus it's something else to have the games on a console than playing them on an emulator which is just not the same.
    I think making it not too powerful should give them the advantage of offering the system at a good price. If the games are good and cheap, I'll go with that. Maybe you can hook it up to a computer screen as well, i don't like TV's all that much since i don't even watch regular programs anymore.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, i dont think this has been officialy comfiremed, but it has been said in many interviews, that you can indeed connect to a computer moniter as well as the tv. plus the revolution will support HD games just like xbox360 and ps3, incase anyone has that kind of money ^-^

also, as of this time, the "2-3 times more powerfull than gamecube" info has been comfiremed as false infomation. so right now its anyones guess how powerfull the revolution will be, though the price is rumoured to be around the $200 mark.

i'll keep updating ^-^

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just some polls i've found around the place about which next-gen consoles people want...

famitsu weekley
    1. Nintendo Revolution - 42.2%
    2. Sony PlayStation 3 - 39.8%
    3. Microsoft Xbox 360 - 18.0%

EAgames home page (here)
    1. Nintendo Revolution 50%
    2. Sony PlayStation 3 30%
    3. Microsoft Xbox 360 19%
    (Total votes: 49605)

i read somewhere that a site (UK probably) had xbox360 as first, and i dont know about revolution and ps3, though i cant find that pole.

i also heard that the snk playmore US website had a pole, asking which they should develop for, and about 70% was revolution, though i cant seem to find that poll either.

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Badass, Fox. Thanks for the updates. Can't wait for this baby to hit shelves. Until that time, though, looks like I'll be waiting for the new Zelda. :3 Man O Man, can't wait to play old games again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like those polls but for some reason I dont believe ea will do anything about it (they might though since they are money driven) its sad though that so many are so quick to put nintendo down. It was even excluded from the choices for next gen consoles here on the forums...

Long Live Nintendo! this is kinda obvious but I read that the way they built the revolution it would be real quiet and quick to load games, unlike the gamecube (was I the only one to notice the noise in games like eternal darkness in the cinema scenes?)

did you guys read the Gamers manifesto someone posted? its a good read.

bad is good and good is only okay...

Website
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by I0N
    I like those polls but for some reason I dont believe ea will do anything about it (they might though since they are money driven) its sad though that so many are so quick to put nintendo down. It was even excluded from the choices for next gen consoles here on the forums...

Long Live Nintendo! this is kinda obvious but I read that the way they built the revolution it would be real quiet and quick to load games, unlike the gamecube (was I the only one to notice the noise in games like eternal darkness in the cinema scenes?)

did you guys read the Gamers manifesto someone posted? its a good read.
    well, from a sales point of view, i hope that EA realises that bringing all its games on revolution as well as the other two will boost sales. to be honest EA is not that bad at releasing games on gamecube, the only title i can think of that we dont get right now at some point is burnout, which sucks cos one and 2 were both awesome (i still play them now) and i want to get the others. so i hope EA will bring the next gen burnout to revolution, and support it with all its games (to please the casuals ^-^)

yeah, the gamecube had super fast loading times, but it was a bit noisy with some games, the worst iv'e heard is with splinter cell 2 ^-^
    the revolution will continue to have fast loading times, and will be very quiet. also low power comsumption apparentely, which is great seeing as i will be living on my own soon so i need to save every penny i can on bills ^-^

nice to see another friendly face here ^-^

nero - hehe no problem, also, when mario kart come out on DS, we gota race, to see who really is the best ^-^

just one thing, i cant find the article right now, but hideo kojima, the metalgear solid brain, has suggested great interest in revolution. its really strange, he use food analogies to explain each console, describing revolution as a "great steak you can have every day" and xbox360 as "something you would have once or twice a month"... probably taken out of context a bit, but once i find the article i'll post it up. anyway, heres hoping metal gear solid can come back to nintendo ^-^

as allways i'll keep updating when i can

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hell yeah. I played the ds kart at e3 wtih two guys that were there and a girl in Seattle. I made second (sadness) but just by a tad. Can't wait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "The Japanese newspaper Asahi Shinbun's Friday edition featured an article with comments taken from the heads of the three console makers: Microsoft senior vice president and chief Xbox officer Robert J. Bach, Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi, and Nintendo president Satoru Iwata."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...s_6126725.html

Nintendo seems to be really promoting the family thing. I liked this: "Nintendo is a company that likes to see smiles on the faces of people that love entertainment. We're not about selling new kinds of TVs or taking control of the living room."

It does sound like Sony just wants to push sales of their HDTVs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a little more concrete info:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/622/622876p1.html?fromint=1

i knew free downloadable legacy games sounded too good to be true

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, i apolagise, im sure someone at nintendo comfiremd that the 1st party games would be free. im sorry.
    but then again someone at nintendo also comfirmed that revolution was 2-3 times more powerful than gamecube, which was later prooved to be false infomation. apart from reggie most of the US nintendo people keep comfirming all this false info. reggie needs to slap them in the face a few times ^-^

anyway, ... actually i forgot what i was going to write. ah well, it'll come to me later

thanks for the update nil

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no worries.

quite a few places were saying the same thing - that the old games would be downloadable for free. should have remembered the old saying: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

i think it's about time Nintendo gave up some REAL CONFIRMED info about the Revolution, the rumour mill is working over-time on this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, this thread hasnt been touched in a while, i think sammy should change the title to just "the revolution thread" or something ^-^
    there's been small bits of info here and there, but i dont feel like posting it all ^-^ you probably know most of it anyway.

but i found this sonic video, but its wmv and i cant watch it, but apparantley its good
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/ne.../tech_demo.wmv

so apparentley, some woman in the video says that it is in real time (not pre-rendered). and i heard that apparently sega has confirmed that they are heavy in development for revolution games and how they prefer to keep the sonic franchise on nintendo platforms so they dont tarnish the name [sonic].

but again, i havent seen the video, so take this all with a pinch of salt, it could be a hoax or something, i dunno

if anyone some how has the abillity to change the video to quicktime format, that would be awesome. or maybe take some screens or something...

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello, here you go

I found it quite strange when it went into first person and sonic started throwing ring containers around? , new direction?

-shin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bump and update! : ]

this years GDC started yesterday (22nd) in san francisco, and although there isn't really any new news yet (iwata will be giving his speach today) IGN did take a load of photos of the revolution unit on display there.

go check it out http://revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697733p1.html

Interesting to finaly see the back of the unit...

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool! I just checked, and I think he is speaking at around 6 GMT.. Hopefully he'll say something interesting.

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yarr!
    They're not releasing it until november or something?

Oh why this tease :/

.hugs

Currently doing my internship at Muskedunder Interactive
    portfolio - cghub - deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EDIT - DOH!!! i just read a few more posts, no free downloads. looks like i'll stick to R**s

if you can download nes and snes games for free with this "Revolution", then i am offically back to being a Nintendo fanboy. my DS has started the push (thanks animal xing and mario kart), but this new system could be the final straw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Revolution looks georgouse, and the controler is looking cooler and cooler to me. But like Geoffd said, this could be Nintendos last chance with me too, I love Nintindo, but I'm just tired my GC sitting and collecting dust. They need to step it up abit with this one, game volume wise (good 3rd party games), and maybe let the Nintindo's content catch up with its age...

That said, I can't wait for the damn thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, some new stuff...
    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/699/699118p1.html

apparently, the "Broadway" CPU is slightly lower than the original xbox's.
    and the "Hollywood" GPU is a little higher than the original xbox's.
    and the RAM is a bit more higher than the original xbox's.

i don't really know what all the numbers mean, I'm just using the comparisons.

i saw PGR3 in dixons playing on a huge HD screen, and it looked (coming from a fanboy's mouth) amazing!
    then i saw the same game in a small games shop, playing on a regular tube tv, and it looked really great, but like a xbox game.
    so i think what nintendo have been saying about their rev games looking the same as the "competition" on regular 480p screens was correct.
    i can't wait to finally see some rev screen shots and movies though! just over a month waiting to go!! : ]

and on a related note, Pandemic CEO Josh Resnick had a few things to say about revolution at the GDC,
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Resnick
    "Well, the Revolution is a very different platform, and we've actually just seen some things behind closed doors that are just mind-blowing," he said. "Very, very exciting. They're doing something that's very different and unique."
    This gets me excited!!

weird thing is, when i checked this article yesterday, it also had a quote from someone at another games company, i can't remember which one, not sure why that one was edited out...

anyway, some positive new stuff all round then... well maybe not so much for the graphic whores : p
    but im sure revolution is gonna look great. i mean, xbox has some pretty nice looking games, right? : ]

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I read the specs last night. I don't know much about the numbers either, but it's looking like they are delivering exactly what there said they would: 2-3 times the power of the Gamecube. Which is fine by me. The Gamecube was less powerful than the Xbox, but if you look at the games, not by much. Like the Rouge Squadron game that launched with the Gamecube still looks amazing to me. Double that and I'm sure the graphics will be up on the next-level. I'm not too worried about the graphics, the controller will sell the system.

And then there is that other "secret" that hasn't been revealed. They've got another card up their sleeve. Something big enough to make a developer say that it is "mind-blowing". E3 can't come quick enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Indeed GHill!!

Plus, the comparisons made by IGN are pretty much useless. It's like comparing an iMac 2ghz G5 next to a PC with 3.5ghz. The mac is way faster just with that infomation alone. (my friend has 1.256gb RAM compared to my Mac with just 512mb RAM and my mac still kicks his ass! : ])

I find Josh Resnick's comments extremley exciting. using those words can only mean great, great things in store for us!!

like you said, BRING ON E3!!! (just wish i could go!)

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    on a side note, join my group y'all!! : ]
    http://community.conceptart.org/groups/?id=60

peace

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    remember the drunken mariokart sessions on the n64 ? with your friends ? well i didnt really get the same joy out of the gamecube.. i mean I love the gamecube, but there was nothing new to the multiplayer aspect, but the revolution is gonna be so much fun..

as far as power goes i dont care, i'd still play nintendo if it where still 8bit because nintendo makes great games wether it be the original donkey kong or metroidprime 2 .. any first party game i've played by nintendo has been more fun than most 3rd party releases i've played put together, i have no machoism about watching a 3 foot tall italian mascot running around jumping koopas and running away from ghosts and eating mushrooms.. its all rather subversive if you think about it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's important to understand that the screenshots companies release from games are nearly always from a perspective that isn't used during gameplay. Homeworld comes to mind as an example here, but RTS games in general do it a lot. Screenshots are carefully planned perfectly frozen scenes with compositionally placed detailed foreground characters etc. Some games could aswell be playstation 1 games when you actually play them.

Still, physics, AI and handling of tons of objects does require a lot of CPU...

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Found this today: First revolution game?

It's got screenshots and info about a game called red steel, developed by ubisoft.

I think these shots are 'set up' but to be honest I am pretty impressed if the revolution produce that. I am more than happy with what current games look like, so those are great, and if ubisoft can pull off what they claim it will probably be awesome!

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.