Art: The Gathering

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: The Gathering

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Gathering

Hello again!

Since there is no week in my life without knights or warriors here`s my latest work. I didn`t want it t be very detailed, cause i tought that the feeling is more important here. I hoppe you like it and any coments are most welcome.

Thanks

The Gathering

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the red and orange stripe are a bit out of place. Interrupting the rythym.. why are they there?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hm...no reason, it just came to me. but i think you`re right. thanx for enlightning me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I saw this on cgtalk as well, and I think it looks really good, but somehow, I can't quite see it as being finished yet. I don't know what it is, but somehow, with the details on the tattoos, the elements like the hair and the eyes look a little under-done, comparatively.

The highlight on the left side of the foreground figure's temple, followed by the shading on the rest of his forehead makes the surface appear concave. Also the face of the man behind the foreground character appears to be skewed in the direction of his right temple (that'd be on our left).

Also, the red and orange stripes look a little too bright. Unless that's the point, in which case they should be modelled a little more sharply. The only reason they look out of place is because they're so bright and saturated, while the rest of the image is highly desaturated, and murky.

Did you use a photoreference for this? It looks like either a scene from braveheart, or one from King Arthur. Either way, I'd like to see more of a fantasy spin on it. Something crazy in the background, a dragon flying by, some really elegant detail on the bulky, heavy armor that they're all wearing. Something to kinda set it apart, y'know?

Anyway, I'm still a long way off from photorealism, but I'd love to be there someday. I can just see this image in that context. I'm sure it'd be amazing.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.