Sketchbook: 0kelvin's Cleverly Named Sketchbook (Now with nude pictures of YOU!) - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 0kelvin's Cleverly Named Sketchbook (Now with nude pictures of YOU!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is my Sewer Beast COW entry which I didn't finish in time to make it to the poll.

Perfumed Banshet

In order to attract a mate, the male Perfumed Banshet developed the ability to produce a very pleasant, sweet-smelling odour. This has made them very popular among the sewage workers in Castletown, who will take a Banshet to accompany them into the sewer pipes in order to mask the horrid smells. The Banshets, who have very sensitive noses but cannot smell their own odour, are not happy with this arrangement.

0kelvin

www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the COW paintings. Kind of whimsical, which is unusual around here. The sunset on the water was nice too.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    0-kelvin, you've got magic in your brain, & the more you draw, the more of it seeps out on paper! I get a huge kick out of your style & love checking out your thread, keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Gilead! Thanks, Thomas! Those are huge compliments to me!

For anyone that's wondering, I'm working on my piece for the mega-Thunderdome throw down going on. My opponent is nicolas, so I'm more or less doomed, but I'm hoping the pressure will push me to a new level. The picture I'm doing is definitely more ambitious than any I've done. I'm not sure whether I'm going to post any WIPs, I think everyone is keeping their stuff under wraps until the unveiling to heighten the suspense. Well, maybe a teaser or two in the days to come.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not going to show my hand early, but here are a few WIP teasers for my upcoming Thunderdome entry.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Round 1 of the Thunderdome is over (besides the judging part), so I finally have something concrete to post here. The topic was Demon Prince. I came up with a pretty solid idea right off the bat that played to my strengths, but at the same time was a huge challenge. This version is slightly touched up from the version I entered.

The Demon Prince in my piece is a young boy who rallies the spirits, creatures, ghouls and demons of the forest and unites them against certain human parties who want to encroach on the magical woods for their own gain. He isn't necessarily evil, but since he is leading the monsters in a battle against humans, people came to call him The Demon Prince.

Most of the monsters in the picture have a story behind them, but I think it's more fun to leave it to your imagination.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, I have to offer you mad props again for your accomplishment. I'm really, really pulling for you to win this round because it's blatantly obvious how hard you worked on this.

Miss you lots... I'm such a crit-slacker!

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i also root for you to win the round because i love all the different characters. they're just so...fun.
    also it's not hard to paint 2d, but it's (i suppose) damn hard to paint 2d in a 3d environment. i just love those flat wings.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Carnifex. The whole piece has a fun "Glow" to it. I especially like the character with the purple suit and cigar. Kind of reminds me of the Glukkons (Sp?) from Oddworld the game . The one that makes me laugh especially the most is the little guy riding the Bulldog. Good job and nice Sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Steph! Miss you too!

Thanks Carni!

Thanks JustStarting!

Kinda sucks to get paired with such a heavy hitter in the first round, but on the other hand I don't think I would've pushed myself half as hard if I was paired with someone at my own talent level.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eep, I let this go for a whole month. That's no good. So here's a dump of a bunch of stuff I've done since last update.

My Round 2 Thunderdome piece. I got pulled in as a replacement in the last week of the contest so it's a bit of a rush job, but I think it stands up fairly well.

Here's a few recent CoW's I've done.

The Shoal is perhaps the most unique creature we’ve ever discovered. It isn’t even a conventional life-form at all. At least not as we know them. Whereas all the lifeforms we are familiar with are made up of cells, the Shoal is made up of trillions of slug-like multi-cellular organisms. These organisms come together to form a massive amorphous blob capable of living in the vacuum of space. Astoundingly, although each individual organism has barely the brain capacity of an infant leech, the creature as a whole seems to be entirely sentient, if not intelligent.
    We’ve managed to recover three species of the slugs. We think the Shoal probably consists of thousands of different species. These three range anywhere from half an inch to a foot long. Species 1 doesn’t seem to have a specific purpose, but it makes up the majority of the creature’s body mass. Species 2 is mildly photosensitive and by gathering millions of these slugs together and having them all sharing information, the creature is able to form an eye of amazing resolution. Species 3 has a beak that can be used to break down whatever the creature absorbs into its body into food, which is then distributed throughout the body. Very few of these live on the outer surface of the creature, but we think that there are likely millions of them inside. By our calculations, it could "digest" this ship and everything in it in a matter of seconds. Luckily for us, so far he seems friendly enough.

Inset: School of giant squid.
    Inset: Inset: A giant squid, which last week would've been hot shit to see, but now is just kinda neat.

Jumbo Shrimp Jelly Cocktail!
    October 7, 2005: In what is being called the most important week in the history of marine biology, yet another new magnificent species has been discovered by scientists. It began as the research team aboard the USS Mysticeti sent a submersible to further study their newly discovered giant jelly. They followed the jellyfish deep into the highly volcanic Tonga trench and were astounded to watch it be promptly devoured by what the scientists have dubbed the Jumbo Shrimp. Measuring nearly a full league (4.8 km) from tail to head, it has surpassed the Japanese Spider Crab as the world's largest crustacean (by roughly 1200 times). After returning to the surface and putting on a fresh pair of pants, Professor W. T. Sherman of the research team said, "This is by far the largest organism the world has ever seen, and will ever see, because anything bigger than this would just be silly. Don't even try to come up with something larger, this is the absolute limit for believable size." The Jumbo Shrimp is believed to feed primarily on the schools of hundreds of giant squid swimming nearby.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very entertaining, I like the thunderdome piece and the giant shrimp COW, good execution. However, I don't quite agree with your color choices, the giant shrimp has decent colors, but most of your colors are kinda dull and don't really fit into any type of a theme. Try painting little swatches of color, like 4 or 5 colors mixed and abstractly put close to each other, then stand back and see which ones look the best to you. Also try looking at bengal, sparth, craig mullins and andrew jones' work for good color use and take note of the color themes they use frequently.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the jumbo shrimp is my favourite. i voted for you,and henceforth you shall know why: i just love the feeling of depth. with those lava lines at the bottom you made it seem really deep,so deep that the creature is near the core of earth. the size comparison works so-so,because it's too huge to imagine. still,a very fine piece of artwork. you are improving.

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the vote and the crit Carnifex!

Mr. Blonde: Yeah, I have to be more careful when I'm using colours. I usually start off with a colour scheme of some kinds, but it tends to get away from me as I work on it. I'll be more aware of that in the future. Thanks for the crit!

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, I absolutely loved your first image for round 1 of the dome, it is an excellent piece. You are definitely improving...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Mike, thanks Cody! That's means a ton coming from you guys.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, I get some good praise and then I choke and don't produce anything for months. But I'm picking up momentum again. I will be back!

Nothing much to post at the moment, but here's a little something to tide everyone over until my next update.

Merry X-mas!
    I had no idea what this was going to be when I started, but it didn't turn out half bad.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    soe cool stuf in here, I'd definitely recommend advancing your lineweight understanding however, and some practice in realist study won't go astray as well - particularly the perspective areas which falls down in some of your images.

m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Magicman, I'll definitely keep your words in mind!

Just another goofy little Artpad sketch

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm getting awfully close to the 1000 posts mark. Gotta remember to make that one special.

I finally did a new COW!

Big Blue Blood-Blistered Blabbermouth
    The Big Blue Blood-Blistered Blabbermouth (or Beebeebeebeebee) is a begrimed, bilious beast whose body breaks out in bulbous blood blisters because of it's bawdy, blasphemous behaviour. The blisters balloon up with blood until they break open and bleed or burst with a bang, bespattering the brute's blighted blood over the barren beaches and babbling brooks of Baldwin Barony. The blood of the Beebeebeebeebee bears billions of bugs and bacteria, and any bloke with the bad break of being bathed in the bloody spray of a bloated Beebeebeebeebee blister better bid breathing bye-bye.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've probably noticed my two smilies that made it into the official list lately.

pld:

That's four official smilies for me! YAY!

I also made this bad boy for DSG 1000.

And now to unveil the latest in my series of increasingly larger smilies, I present:

A VERY EPIC SMILY (Volume 1)
    (it's 600-ish kb so I'm linking to it so as to not use up more bandwidth than necessary)

Enjoy!

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That epic smily is awesome. Funny stuff

-hal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to say, your thunderdome shows a VAST improvement from when I last looked at your work! I'm extremely impressed, eapecially with some of the characters in the background. Your sense of lighting and texture has gotten so much better, way to go!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that latest COW looks really nice with the sort of hairy rendering style.
    this one
    http://www.whereismyeyeball.com/imag...COW24final.jpg
    had me laughing out loud though.

keep it up man

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude! i think you're the official master of smilies now! (well maybe inofficial,but damn man,that's good stuff!)

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Carni! I haven't really done much animation before, but I really enjoyed making these. I'm thinking of trying my hand at making a Flash movie or something.

Thanks tensai!

Thanks Sarah! That means a lot. I just wish I could get more than one picture done a month.

Thanks Boogieman! I missed your comment when you first posted it.

I've been doing a lot of digital sketches lately, so I'll post those pretty soon. I need to get a replacement nib for my pen though, and Wacom doesn't ship to Canada so I have to find a company that sells them up here.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here's something I did on the weekend. Mostly trying to establish a style for a side project I'm working on. I'm looking for something stylized, but not too cartoony. This is definitely on the right track.

It's nice to do something outside of work for once.

And here's a page of sketches. I started doodling on this page a few months ago but forgot about it for a long time, then recently filled up the rest of the page.

0kelvin

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WHAT I LEARNED IN MONTREAL
    by 0kelvin

I painted this using a whole whack of techniques I picked up at the workshop. Mainly from Andrew, Black Frog, the Ubisoft guys, Aleksi, Coro and a few things Jason said that stuck with me. I've figured out a bunch problems I didn't even realize I was having.

I painted this while I should've been working on my Thunderdome. I am so screwed!

0kelvin

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 0kelvin; June 26th, 2006 at 04:13 AM.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa dude that's f*ckin great!
    i'm screwed.
    (hasn't started lms2 entry aswell)

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff! That last one is AWSOME!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.