Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Narnia, the magical land of goat-people and nintendo characters
    Thanks

amazing 10yr old artist

http://artakiane.com/akiane_art.htm

I have to say, this is fucking deppressing.... her parents must beat her or something. check it out

(dont quote my comment with out clicking on the link- my post seems pretty bad out of context).
    Last edited by Chris King; January 13th, 2005 at 04:09 AM.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    -Charles Kingsley

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The link doesn't appear to be working.

Narnia, the magical land of goat-people and nintendo characters
    Thanks
    srry about that, the link should work now
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    -Charles Kingsley

Thanks
    Holy...
    I am not sure what I should think of that, but mainly I would say its a natural talent, Great to see such a young artist, developing so fast!
    Amazing!
    Lost in this Dimension - Found in the Sky

Time to draw something.. NOW!

Thanks
    Okay, then. Er, what do you find depressing about this, other than the fact that she's going to own the collective ass of the art community in ten years? I mean, look at her eyes. I'd swear she looked ten at four, and at ten she looks sixteen. That is one extremely intelligent little girl.

Some day she is going to realize there isn't a God and start doing some real art. haha

Thanks

Talking

amazing talent
    doctor greenthumd

Thanks
    given the sheer amount of stuff a human beeing has to learn between birth and for example age 10. a little drawing and painting ain´t that much.
    it´s unusual but only because your not forced to learn it unlike speeking walking and learning the names of everything around you and it´s function.

...i´d say

Thanks
    The next time there is a thread about whether or not there is any such thing as "talent", people who disagree that talent exists and is extrememly important to the growth and abilities of an artist should look at this girl. If becoming truly great at something was as simple as applying yourself and working hard and has nothing to do with talent, means that we can all be as intelligent as Einstein or Steven Hawkings, if we worked hard enough.

It takes many people there whole lives before they begin to understand, say, creating realism in art, while she's got it understood at the very beginning of her life. If thats not called "talent", then I don't know what else you would call this.

Thanks
    all i can say is.....jesus christ....pun intented

2 years from now at the age of 12 she will seclude herself from the rest of the children and for teh next four years slowly go mad and eventually take her own life. steven spielberg will make a box office hit from it, and inspire the world(again)... and... oh shit theyre here.. i said to much....ffffffffffffff

Thanks
    chris, she might be talented, but we dont know what here parents are like. look at this page: http://artakiane.com/akiane_life.htm dont you get the feeling that her parents are not the type of people to let her watch tv all day and eat frozen pizza for dinner? home-schooled, very religious, immigrant... i think her upbringing has a lot to do with it. im just going to follow you around and shoot down everything you say.

Thanks
    You Guys Are All Retarded!

It's Jesus and Hardcore Hardwork! There is NO SUCH THING AS TALENT! ^_^

-JtJ
    Last edited by JoshuaTheJames; January 13th, 2005 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks
    Ted, You are saying that any 8 or 9 year old in this Situation can do the same as she has. NO, you're not saying that. Because that's Insane.

Why are people soo Prideful that they don't want to admitt there is talent in this world.(Dear God please don't anyone literally try and answer that)

heh.

Actually Ted I do believe Circumstance Does Play a large role. But, It's definitely not the main factor in this instance.

-JtJ
    Last edited by JoshuaTheJames; January 13th, 2005 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks
    this child will kill herself when she'll be 16 years old.
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by That site
    At 4, had a life-changing spiritual transformation, converting the family to Christianity.
    She reminds me of those genius youth chessplayers.
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    I'm not impressed.
    She's on her way to becoming the next Lisa Frank.

Haha ...i'm such a hater.

Thanks
    Incredible indeed.

...shame about the whole God thing.

Thanks
    Ted - I think that a persons environment and circumstance has a lot to do with their success. So, I agree that her upbringing and family environment has something to do with her accomplishments. I think that no matter how talented someone may be, if they don't have any opportunity to grow, they ain't growin.

But, this doesn't mean that she isn't incredibly talented. There are many people who want to be artists or mathmeticians, etc, who have family enironments and circumstances that allows them great opportunity to be great at what they desire, but don't get very far no matter how hard they try and want to, because they lack something. I think that, genetics, is something not to be underestimated.

Here's a thought, if talent didn't exist, and if we are all good at particular things because of only environment and circumstance, then, wouldn't that mean that all babies, when we are just born, are the same and act exactly the same? How could they be different if the environment hasn't really done anything to them to cause a change in behavior? But new born babies aren't the same, they're all different. Body type, skin color, nervous system sensitivity, eye sight, etc, are all different. How far does those differences go? If we're different on the outside, then it makes sense that there are brain and other genetic differences, even on the smallest measurements of genes, that allow people to be more like this or that. This is where "Talent" comes in. How far does talent go, I'm not sure. Some say that memories can be pasted down through genetics, but those are far fetched ideas that I don't know enough about, but talents exists. We're all born as different from each other which means some people will be more capable in certain things than others right at birth, we're not all genetically the same. If your purely lucky with a grand ol environment to help nurture those talents, your a lucky mo fo like this girl Akiane. She even as a great name.

What you think?

Thanks
    did they also tell you she learned html and built this website, but right after learning html she got bored, master c ++ in 3 weeks, built a mmorpg called "the mosus chronicles: my gift to jesus", and now has 45000000 members online. with her money she invested in planetary terraforming and mastered that subject in 4 weeks(she was mad because it took so long). then she terraformed mars so it was habital for humans. while on her terraforming expedition she found alien technolgy that when modified she could control humans minds, but only weak ones. Because she was to young to handle this great "gift from god", she decided that her president mr bush was a christian and he would do something honest with it. he didnt. he convinced many americans(weak minded) ones not to believe their was w.o.m.d. but to vote for him again. seeing that akaine was so disgusted by her christian idol that she went back to mars and still can be found their today residing in the palace section of her christian theme park studying the art of of out of of body painting(where she paints with her mind). unfortunaly for us the only people allowed their are mel gibson and billy graham. someday their will be a war beetween akaine and the forces of bush and his minions throughout the world. be afraid...its soon...

Thanks
    Hahah...That was fun.

-JtJ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    wow. Definite jealousy detected in this thread. Let her do whatever she wants. Last I heard, artists are entitled to their own philosophies/eccentricities.
    Last edited by N D Hill; January 13th, 2005 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozan
    chris, she might be talented, but we dont know what here parents are like. look at this page: http://artakiane.com/akiane_life.htm dont you get the feeling that her parents are not the type of people to let her watch tv all day and eat frozen pizza for dinner? home-schooled, very religious, immigrant... i think her upbringing has a lot to do with it. im just going to follow you around and shoot down everything you say.
    yeah i guess her parents are like total christs. and the stuff she talks, tho very good language and vocabulary for a 10 year old, is just.. not my thing.
    i mean her technical skill is great for her age but i dont like any of the stuff she does. don't get me wrong, i don't say her art is bad but it's SOO not my type.. i hate all those super-religious parents that will enslave their children anyway, so screw it..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I think a Master/PT would help a lot at an early age, but the schoolsystem just keeps on churning out burger flipping proles. Few ever get a chance to develop their peak skills, because they have to learn about Erik of Pommern and when his sibling died. Such a waste. Our lack of apprentice system is... disturbing.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Can I be your apprentice Prom? Pretty please??
    As Lord Cardigan said to the Light Brigade, "Just canter down the valley toward Balaklava, fellows. Nothing to worry about." -W.E.B. Griffin

Thanks
    WTF!
    she can oil paint that good at ten!?
    geez, where do these people come froM!?
    she scares me...
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    QUESTION: Why did you paint the portrait of Jesus?
    It was God's timing; I had been looking for a Jesus model for two years, and I could not find the right face. Then one day I asked my family to pray with me all day. We petitioned God to send the model right through our front door. The next day a tall carpenter came in. He was so humble, and I was surprised that he agreed to model for me.
    woa woa

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo
    wow. Definite jealousy detected in this thread. Let her do whatever she wants. Last I heard, artists are entitled to their own philosophies.

You need to FINE tune those sensors boy! Heh. ^_^

No body was downing what she is doing. We were merely discussing how she had become so good.

-JtJ

Thanks
    Considers her style: Akianism -
    a universal blend of realism and
    imaginism
    Her style is her name...
    Realism + imaginism? Isn't that just fantasy art?! So Jon Foster is working in the Akianism style? Please...

she is going to marry Dylan Scott Pierce when they grow up

hmmm, both are home-schooled, both art prodigies...hmmm
    conclusion: there's no such thing as talent. Both kids spent insane amounts of time at home practicing their arts because they didn't have to go to public schools

Thanks
    Imagine if everyone here in CA.org has that opportunity, I mean the opportunity to just dedicate yourself to painting from those early ages. Everyone should be jealous Impressive technique.... but look at the odd philosophical and manners of her website... she could be christian extremism defined!

later,
    GriNGoLOCo
    Last edited by GriNGo; January 13th, 2005 at 01:30 PM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    I say it's talent + hard work. It'd be insane to say that Mozart being a piano genius at age 4 had nothing to do with natural talent. According to history, it just made sense to him. It wasn't an issue of learnng it; he just naturally understood it. The same with math whizzes. Some of them say they just instantly understood it, and learning isn't really an issue. Genetically, everyone learns different things at different speeds, like how Einsten lived at one place for 17 years and NEVER KNEW HIS ADDRESS, and got lost on the way home.

That having been said, all of the greatest artists I know are also the hardest workers I know, no exception.

psychologists think that nature/nurture is about 50/50, so she's just got a lot of both. Too bad I don't care about these jesus paintings....

My 2 cents
    Andrew Murray
    Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
    www.theincredibleandy.com

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast