Art: Jerome Witkin Show
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Jerome Witkin Show

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jerome Witkin Show

I wasn't able to attend the workshop, but I did have a chance to check out the Jerome Witkin show in L.A. over the break. Man it was so incredible! So inspiring! There were several charcoal drawings, studies, portraits and paintings of different types from portraits to cityscapes and a great narrative piece.

Here are a few images. These are shots of a huge 6 panel narrative on the holocaust. Witkin was inspired by a book based on the journals of a nurse who saw the horrors first hand.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i forgot about that one, but from what i see, it looks great.. such an awesome artist..

did you check out steve huston's show?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MainLoop: No I didn't get to see his show, but I found a gallery that is selling an awesome book of his. I'm going to get it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Grant looks like you are having fun in LA(although you have a generic smile on your photo... ). This is Jimmy. Great stuffs. Have you gone and checked the Body Works show?(The one with the plastersized human figures)

"As now I look back, the drawing lessons in the grade schools contained all the principles anyone needs and I tried to recall them for the aid of students today." - Dean Cornwell

"...the study of drawing can be a release to the imagination and not, as photography sometimes is, simply a realistic documentary aid." - Robert Fawcett

"Theory-The way things should work. Practice-The way things acctually work." - Deane G. Keller

"Workshop?" - Le_fish

http://www.jim-yang.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.