from their folly refrain.

R
    My sketch book

hit me up
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wonderful art man, keep it up. I love the surge worm piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

^^ thats some real cool art real nice

[ I HAVENT SLEPT SINCE I WOKE UP]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love it all. Your pencils are well done, especially on the Wizard covers. Keep on posting.

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post I shall

I will try to keep my thread more up to date. I should be adding weekly, if not more often. Thanks to all of those who posted new comments, no opinion or critique goes unnoticed.

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Arteric,

Enjoyed cruising through your book here. I forgot about some of those COWs, hehe. My favorite was C.O.W. 6 - Digger Creature - in my opinion by far the most original COW posted to date.

Looking forward to seeing your COW22.

Cheers,
    ~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OK, been WAY too long

Hi All,

It has been far too long since I have posted, but I thought I might try to throw a few things on this week. Here is some tablet practice I have been doing to see what kind of media I can recreate. Below is a nice little pencil/charcoal drawing. ENJOY! And C&C are very welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

No Takers yet?

No comments? No witty banter? No humerous asides? C'mon... someone has got to have something to say, right?

-Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great personality in all of your pieces. They're very alive.
    Wonderful job in this last drawing.
    I have to agree with everyone about the Digger Creature... and the COW title piece cracked me up.

Keep em coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to agree - the colors on most of these are waaay bright, too intense... reminiscent of old school computer games or something. That said, i do like alot of the concepts - the very first one is great, the anal parasite also the digger...

But it does seem like your human proportions/anatomy/foreshortening are inconsistent, or just off. For example the wizard covers - the first one, the face seems manly, the neck is also pretty thick, and her posture /position seems wicked uncomfortable for her legs especially the left. The 2nd wizard cover is slightly better, except the background dies, and her legs seem much too small.

conversely, that last giantish looking thing the anatomy looks pretty spot on - and the light bringer the vampire looks pretty good too. It just seems like you're afraid to go too short with foreshortening, so you shift the angle.

Sorry if thats long/harsh... jus tryin to help a brotha out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Not too harsh at all

Thanks for the crits and comments... all are greatly appreciated. And no spacemunky..... not too harsh at all. I appreciate other's views. Working in a vacuum does nothing for a good perspective on your own art, so that is why I post in here.

More to come soon. Hugs and kisses to all.... unless you have lip sores.

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang Eric these are great!!!

Its good to see fresh ideas that are done well

Bruce

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...t=49448&page=2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arteric, I think The_Old_Warrior.jpg shows a great progress in anatomy.

When are you going to come back to the cow? You are missed over there, you know : )

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Missing COW Deeply

Broken, great to hear from you! I mess COW greatly and hope to come back soon. Not to be a downer in the forums, but family health issues have kept me busy, as well as a divorce and getting mugged... all since Thanksgiving (heck of a bad luck streak).... but I'm breaking out the drawing tablet more and more.

Next up, trying to duplicate painting.... I think I can do the charcoal effect so it is time for my next expiriment. And I have been looking in on COW quite often, as usual there are a TON who rock!

Here is the updated Old Warrior image for comparison. Comments and critiques?

Thanks,

Eric

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arteric....there you are....!!!! GOTCHA!

We need you in COW...i feel like a former criminal who is gathering the old gang together to plan a coup just like in old days....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah Fozzy... it's been far too long.

I'll be coming back soon... I will try to make it tops on my "to do" list. Miss the community a lot, and seeing what everyone comes up with (as well as al of the great ideas.)

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arteric, it sucks the new bad news. Sorry I can't think of anything clever or appropiate to say... just saying hope you're alright man. My best wishes to you.

I think the old warrior looks really good. Crits, the feet look really large, and the hands may be slightly large. The thing to remember for drawing hands and feet, is that they are both the same length as one head, roughly. Still, that depends on what you want to do. For a more realistic approach, the realistic measures would be more appropiate, but for stylization, exaggerating parts can work really good. Besides the warrior's body looks pretty big so he would need big feet to support that weight. The measurements are just something to keep in mind for other stuff.

See you in the C.O.W. : )

By the way, there are other weekly activities now! don't know if you've seen them.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brok3n,

I have seen that there are several weekly activities now. Damn if I don't want to take part in all of them even if I barely have time to ever submit to one. I think some re-prioritization (that is now officially a word) of my affairs is in order to make more time to draw.

I hope to edit the Old Warrior Drawing tonight and post a new one with the finished figure, and maybe even the start of some background work.

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Rock God

Hello all,

It has been too long, I miss conceptart.org. and I MISS COW! I must return soon. Thought I might post this for all to see and critique (please I would love to hear what others think).

I was at a friends house the other night watching him and 40 other friends take on some large lava creatures in World of Warcraft and I was inspired. I thought a cool video game boss would be one that you didn't defeat based on hit points, but on the physics engine of the game. Hit him enough and in the right directions while avoiding his blows and you could tip him over... spilling out his contents (including his floating face) and kill him.

Enjoy.

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the background could be a cave so that the green underlights make more sense. But this is a really well done piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man great piece, love the green highlights
    I agree on JERI tho
    Keep it up
    Lewis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Background

I totally agree... a cave background will finish the piece.... but for now I was just focusing on the figure itself... but I am thinking ahead.... the green was going to be from mossy growths along the cave floors and walls... the BG is just temporary.

Thanks for the crits.

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Brief Update to the "Rock God"

Well, I don't have time to add a background and make this a full illustration. Since it is more of a character study anyway I don't think I need one right now. I did fix the Lava, and worked the green into the background so the rim lighting made more sense.

Enjoy, and as always comments are welcome.

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmmm.... no takers huh? C'mon, I know you people are opinionated and LOVE to show it

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything's been said concerning the genius of your work.

Only thing that struck my mind while looking at your lava monster:

The lava dripping over the edge of his open torso doesn't look very "drippy" to me. The red lines look more like deep cracks in the shell of the torso. You know what I mean? It doesn't look like the lava is oozing maybe because you didn't draw any drops at the "end" of the drippings. Sort of distracted me.

I like that idea of the way that monster could be beaten if it was in a game. Very creative and challengeing for the player. Since the realisation with the HL²-Physics Engine wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Genius of my work? Whoa!

Excellent praise, and I surely appreciate it, but I wouldn't go anywhere near that far. But thanks again.

Yeah, they are just reddish cracks, and I meant to add drippings that would be burning little smoking holes into the ground (something the gamer would have to avoid as they ran around under it trying to find the best angles to hit it from.) And after reworking the lava, I like it... but it still wasn't what I was going for.

Moving on for now, come back to this with fresh eyes some day. But further comments are always welcome.

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another little update

Hello,

Here is my newest entry into the Creature of the Week Contest. I had been gone for a long while, felt good to get back. Enjoy... and C&C's are always welcome.

Eric

The Screaming Night Slicer

Averaging over 3 feet long from mouth to barb-tip tail, the Screaming Night Slicer inhabits the swampy marshes outside of NYC Safe Zone Central. Though most wouldn’t venture into these areas due to the high radiation levels anyway, the Screaming Night Slicer is certainly an additional deterrent. An evolutionary mutation of the dragonfly, the “Slicer” preys upon the various dark denizens of these deadly areas, but it certainly wouldn’t pass up an out-of-place human meal if presented with one.

The Slicer’s front pincers are lined with a series of razor-like nails nearly 5 inches long, and not only is the barb on it’s tail poisonous, but the one on the end of it’s tongue is as well. The tongue barb can be detached if prey is struggling too violently, and will grow back in a matter of weeks. No claws exist on the legs that support the main body, instead sticky suction cup toes are used to grasp and hold fast to either a perch... or a victim.

The most unique feature of the Screaming Night Slicer is that it is completely without any visual abilities. The Slicer has a echo-location organ that rests against it’s brain case and is tucked into it’s hard outer shell. This organ can be extented upwards where three sonar-receiving nubs probe the air for disturbances, obstacles, and of course, it’s next meal. The intense sonic noise emitted from this organ was originally thought to be a vocalization of the creature.... a loud scream, hence it's name.

Slicers can detect movement at over 300 yards, and can even sense an object behind a solid wall using the three nubs to triangulate sonar returns that are bouncing back from multiple directions.

If you encounter a Screaming Night Slicer, do not attempt to kill it, do not attempt to capture it, but do attempt to run away. We say “attempt” because the Slicers top flying speed of 35 miles an hour means most people won’t be lucky enough to actually succeed in escaping.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And here is this weeks Creature of the Week Entry for "Most Useless Creature." Enjoy... and C&Cs are always welcome. - Eric

The Knulanvoyd

And you think math ruined YOUR life. Science says the Knulanvoyd exists, but like Black Holes or Dark matter, they have never been seen. Born into a sphere-like universe of quasi-reality, these beings are forever trapped, victims of the Uncertainty Principal and high-order mathematics.

Generated as the result of an infinitely repeating fraction in the proof of Einstein’s Theory of relativity, famous minds such as Stephen Hawking, Werner Heisenberg, and the Carl Sagan have all mentioned the Knulanvoyd and it’s meaningless universe in obscure sections of their texts. Each has said that due to the rules of Chaos Theory, these are beings completely without purpose because even though THEY exist, everything they do never truly does.

Living in a quantum void surround by realities of innumerable chance, their every action is immediately negated by mathematical probability. Due to the natural balance formed to offset Einstein’s repeating fraction, everything about them from their movements to their very thoughts ceases to exist in the nanosecond after it happens.

These creatures have no effect on the physical world as we know it, they convey no energy to the fabric of reality, nor do they fill an actual area in real space-time. The numbers say they are there, but beyond the numbers they have no bearing on existence in any manner, theoretical or otherwise. Maybe when the Ultimate Unified theory is finally discovered these creatures might gain a reason or purpose in the ordered universe, but until that day it can truly be said “They might as well not exist at all.”

Below, an artists concept of the Knulanvoyd surrounded by it’s non-existant universe; a sphere of innumerable chance. Whether they are gigantic or microscopic, it really doesn’t matter, does it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello to one and all....

Thought I might take a moment to post my newest street painting image that I finished this weekend after 23 hours. It is a 10'x15' image of the Hulk. The original that inspired it was by Dale Keown, but that man has such fine pencil line work that it was impossible to do it justice in street chalk. I did what I could. Below are a few images from the work, I'd love to hear what people think.

Below those I have included the one I did last year of Alex Ross' Superman and Batman

Thanks, Eric

...and Superman/Batman from last year

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy crap dood! I LOVE the hulk image. Hulk is my favorite marvel character. Friggin bad ass man... Your other work is great too.

----------------------------
    Kyle Mitchell

www.kylemitchelldesigns.com
    ----------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.