Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Art of Eric

Thanks

Red face The Art of Eric

Hello.

I am brand new to this forum yesterday. In fact, I am brand new to ANY forum yesterday. I hope I am doing all of this correctly. I thought I might take a moment to introduce myself by way of some artwork, and quite frankly, I just wanted to see if I could figure out how to post some images in the first place.

Critiques are always appreciated, and I will try my utmost to return the favor. I really look forward to spending a lot of time here and meeting other artists. Looking at work is always a great way to get motivated to do your own. Best of luck.... to ALL of us.

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

-Eric
    Last edited by arteric; March 29th, 2005 at 11:38 PM. Reason: bad image link

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    WoW thats all I can say for now. I really like your work. Are you a professional? If not you should be.

Thanks

clean

Nice clean art. You should be encouraged. For a newbie you already have a style and the skills to render well. I'm new here myself and there's so much to see and learn. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing more of your work soon.

Rob Hughes
    Brutal crits for today,
    regrets for tomorrow

Thanks

many thanks

Thanks for the comments (all BOTH of you so far)! I appreciate people looking at the work. I have a number of internet-ready images and will post more soon if the comments in this thread are favorable.

Plus, let me know if you have any images anywhere, I would love to see them.

Eric

Thanks
    Hi,

your work shows your good lineunderstanding. Very clear, although its for me a bit too clear but thats your style and its very good. very clear coloring.
    The pencilwork is very nice...good linework to!

Do you have some more, please?
    Klick on ME!!! iam a link to my pics!

Remember the Needle in your Head, it hurts but kicks zu alive!

www.newquest.de

Thanks

Some additional images

here are a series of fantasy greeting cards I worked on. Pen and ink images colored in photoshop. Would love to get some more input on these... (who wouldn't?)

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

All of these ended up being printed. One was far more successful that the others.... can you guess which one?

Eric

Thanks
    Well designed and very stylistic. As a big fan of subtlety and juxtaposition, I especially like the dragon shadow piece; such an idyllic scene, so much danger just missed.

Thanks
    Hehe great greeting cards. I like em all.

Have you ever considered using hard edged brushes in photoshop?
    I would love to see what your work would end up like if you used em.

By the way you asked where my other artwork is.....recent.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36694

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36774

Thanks

Brushes

All of the colored pieces below were colored in photoshop using the airbrush feature. (Also, the were done WITHOUT the aid of a drawing tablet, so they were a pain in the arse.) I am upgrading my computer soon and getting the most recent version of Painter and a drawing tablet. Very shortly you will start seeing work that is more "painterly".

I did a lot of oil paintings in college, and I have worked with the program Painter when I downloaded a trail version for practice (and thought it was great) so all of this will come together and the level of my posts will hopefully improve in both frequency and quality.

-Eric

Thanks
    These are great, I really like the colors you use, the cards are fantastic! Id really like to see more,
    Keep posting

Thanks

A new computer soon

I am making the plunge and buying myself a g5 with a drawing tablet and painter so I can get more free with my art style and try a more paiterly effect to the work. (Right now I almost entirely use the airbrush in photoshop.) I should have the machine soon, and once I am up to speed... expect weekly (if not daily) posts and additions with lots of work coming through.

Also, I admit it, I wanted to add to this thread so that I could bump it back up in the list to a more current status and get more people to see my work. Please, if you haven't all ready had the chance, drop me a few critiques and comments... if you have work online youself I will be more than happy to return the favor.

Keep Drawing!

Eric

Thanks

An Update

Just taking a brief moment to update this for anyone interested in seeing some more work.

These were two items I made for other threads in here, but I figured I can keep them with the rest of my online art here as a sort of digital portfolio.

As always, critiques are more than welcome.

-Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

Thanks

Another piece to add

Here is the newest image I drew for the Creature of the Week post... the topic was Venomous Bird, below is the concept story behind it.

In the waning years of World War II, Hitler’s desperation for world domination led him to give free reign to his scientists in an effort to create the ultimate weapon that could crush the Allied Forces. After a long trial-and-error process using various machines, guns and missiles, the scientists struck upon the idea of combining genetic engineering with their chemical weapons program. Their hope was that they would breed and organic delivery system that would send the deadly agents directly into the Allied front lines decimating as many soldiers as possible while, at the same time, spreading fear amongst them and demoralizing their leaders. Thus the “ Falke von Brennend Dea” (roughly translated into “Burning Death Falcon” was born.

The “Burning Death Falcon” (singularly named although it contained 22 bird species spliced together including Toucan, Owl and Vulture) was also bred to withstand being pumped to near bursting with many types of corrosive acids. It was unveiled to the German elite and set loose upon the world in a grand ceremony on January 18, 1944. The ceremony would turn into a slaughter when the birds immediately turned on and destroyed the viewing audience, killing over 300 scientists, officers and politicians. It was not until years later that the cause was determined... during the splicing process, German scientist accidently used too much homing pigeon DNA.

Below: The “Burning Death Falcon” seen here with handler.

The Art of Eric
    Last edited by arteric; February 28th, 2005 at 10:15 PM. Reason: corrupt image tag

Thanks

COW Week Three entry

Below is the entry I made to the C.O.W. week three "Anal Parasite" thread. The story behind the art is as follows:

The Vermis Undisonus, or Surge Worm, has been nicknamed the “Puppeteer Parasite” by the scientific community due to the unique nature of it’s parasitic invasion. It’s enormous size at adulthood (larger specimens have reached 25 feet in length and a weight of nearly 1 ton) make it one of those rare parasites that remain outside of it’s host during the feeding cycle. The Surge Worm has no developed digestive system of its own, and has evolved an interesting way of getting it’s food supply. The worm has three elongated upper appendages that invade a host through the rectum. Over a period of 24 to 48 hours, the worm not only infiltrates the full length of the digestive tract, it also extends a secondary tubular feeler that embeds into the hosts spinal column. Through thousands of small synaptic tentacles, the “Puppeteer” takes over control of the hosts nervous system. While not capable of absolute control, the “Puppeteer” can manipulate all major appendages as well as the chewing and swallowing functions of it’s various hosts, and render them unable to resist or attempt escape. It can then force the host to ingest food which it absorbs after the material has been digested by it’s new “external stomach”. The Surge Worm can live off an individual host for varying lengths of time depending on it’s size and capacity for food consumption.

One recorded case of human contact involves German biologist Otto Weldkampt. In August of 1989, Mr. Weldkampt disappeared from a survey team exploring a remote Central American mountain range. Ten months later, and 60 miles away, construction workers digging the foundation on a new resort uncovered a Surge Worm’s lair, and found Mr. Weldkampt in the “Puppeteer’s” grip being used as a host. The workers killed the creature and rushed the biologist to a medical facility where he passed away forty-eight hours later due to massive internal injuries, extreme malnutrition and dehydration. Before his passing, a translator speaking to Mr. Weldkampt was able to determine that he had spent the full 10 months in the Surge Worm’s grip. Although unable to control his own body, he was completely aware during the entire infestation. An experience that had not only left him physically devastated, but completely insane as well.

The Art of Eric

Thanks

An Art Update

Here was my Creature of the Week Entry for C.O.W. Week 5 - Symbiotic Predators". The story is as follows:

The Rue Ox and the Thayllich

The Freelantus Plains are a harsh environment, plentiful in wildlife but also full of vegetation poisonous to most of it's inhabitants. Here, carnivorous predators rule and the Rolankus is near the top of that food chain. A strong, lean and quick predator well suited for it's environment, the Rolankus is a near perfect specimen.

However, a sudden evolutionary offshoot of the Rolankus, known as the Rue Ox, was almost certainly destined to be a genetic dead end. Unlike it's cousin, the mutated Rue Ox was massively sized and covered in heavily armored bony plates. The Rue Ox was a slower, plodding creature and though nearly unstoppable, it could not keep up with the faster mammalian creatures around it. With the addition of poor eyesight as a result of it's rapid genetic changes, certain extinction seemed near.

Then, an unusual relationship formed between the Rue Ox and the Thayllich, a small, bat-like creature with bioluminescent sacs used for attracting a mate. The Thayllich, though quick, had few places to hide and was low on the food chain at the time, that is until it started using the Rue Ox as a home.

The Thayllich began to burrow into the the Rue Ox's enormous back which, having no nerve endings there, seemed hardly aware of it's new neighbors. The Thayllich had stumbled across a mobile, heavily defended dwelling and was now protected from it's attackers. This, however, ended up being as beneficial to the Rue Ox who was suddenly saved by the Thayllich's unique diet.

The Thayllich's saliva contains a neurotoxin that will render it's prey unconscious. The Thayllich drinks fluids out of the spinal column of it's meal, but leaves the creature alive. Several hours later the prey would normally wake up with a massive headache but otherwise unharmed... that is no longer the case. The Rue Ox, able to see the bright bioluminescence of feeding Thayllichs even with it's poor eyesight, now finds ready-made meals lying about the Plains. The Rue Ox protects the Thayllichs, and they in turn prepare meals for the Rue Ox which was not well suited for catching food on it's own.

The Rue Ox and the Thayllich are now the most effective hunting combination on the Freelantus Plains, and both are living quite well.

The Art of Eric

And here are a few close ups of some of the details and lighting.
    The Art of Eric
    The Art of Eric

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast