Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Art of Eric

Thanks

Red face The Art of Eric

Hello.

I am brand new to this forum yesterday. In fact, I am brand new to ANY forum yesterday. I hope I am doing all of this correctly. I thought I might take a moment to introduce myself by way of some artwork, and quite frankly, I just wanted to see if I could figure out how to post some images in the first place.

Critiques are always appreciated, and I will try my utmost to return the favor. I really look forward to spending a lot of time here and meeting other artists. Looking at work is always a great way to get motivated to do your own. Best of luck.... to ALL of us.

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

-Eric
    Last edited by arteric; March 29th, 2005 at 11:38 PM. Reason: bad image link
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    WoW thats all I can say for now. I really like your work. Are you a professional? If not you should be.

Thanks

clean

Nice clean art. You should be encouraged. For a newbie you already have a style and the skills to render well. I'm new here myself and there's so much to see and learn. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing more of your work soon.

Rob Hughes
    Brutal crits for today,
    regrets for tomorrow

Thanks

many thanks

Thanks for the comments (all BOTH of you so far)! I appreciate people looking at the work. I have a number of internet-ready images and will post more soon if the comments in this thread are favorable.

Plus, let me know if you have any images anywhere, I would love to see them.

Eric

Thanks
    Hi,

your work shows your good lineunderstanding. Very clear, although its for me a bit too clear but thats your style and its very good. very clear coloring.
    The pencilwork is very nice...good linework to!

Do you have some more, please?
    Klick on ME!!! iam a link to my pics!

Remember the Needle in your Head, it hurts but kicks zu alive!

www.newquest.de

Thanks

Some additional images

here are a series of fantasy greeting cards I worked on. Pen and ink images colored in photoshop. Would love to get some more input on these... (who wouldn't?)

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

All of these ended up being printed. One was far more successful that the others.... can you guess which one?

Eric

Thanks
    Well designed and very stylistic. As a big fan of subtlety and juxtaposition, I especially like the dragon shadow piece; such an idyllic scene, so much danger just missed.

Thanks
    Hehe great greeting cards. I like em all.

Have you ever considered using hard edged brushes in photoshop?
    I would love to see what your work would end up like if you used em.

By the way you asked where my other artwork is.....recent.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36694

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36774

Thanks

Brushes

All of the colored pieces below were colored in photoshop using the airbrush feature. (Also, the were done WITHOUT the aid of a drawing tablet, so they were a pain in the arse.) I am upgrading my computer soon and getting the most recent version of Painter and a drawing tablet. Very shortly you will start seeing work that is more "painterly".

I did a lot of oil paintings in college, and I have worked with the program Painter when I downloaded a trail version for practice (and thought it was great) so all of this will come together and the level of my posts will hopefully improve in both frequency and quality.

-Eric

Thanks
    These are great, I really like the colors you use, the cards are fantastic! Id really like to see more,
    Keep posting

Thanks

A new computer soon

I am making the plunge and buying myself a g5 with a drawing tablet and painter so I can get more free with my art style and try a more paiterly effect to the work. (Right now I almost entirely use the airbrush in photoshop.) I should have the machine soon, and once I am up to speed... expect weekly (if not daily) posts and additions with lots of work coming through.

Also, I admit it, I wanted to add to this thread so that I could bump it back up in the list to a more current status and get more people to see my work. Please, if you haven't all ready had the chance, drop me a few critiques and comments... if you have work online youself I will be more than happy to return the favor.

Keep Drawing!

Eric

Thanks

An Update

Just taking a brief moment to update this for anyone interested in seeing some more work.

These were two items I made for other threads in here, but I figured I can keep them with the rest of my online art here as a sort of digital portfolio.

As always, critiques are more than welcome.

-Eric

The Art of Eric

The Art of Eric

Thanks

Another piece to add

Here is the newest image I drew for the Creature of the Week post... the topic was Venomous Bird, below is the concept story behind it.

In the waning years of World War II, Hitler’s desperation for world domination led him to give free reign to his scientists in an effort to create the ultimate weapon that could crush the Allied Forces. After a long trial-and-error process using various machines, guns and missiles, the scientists struck upon the idea of combining genetic engineering with their chemical weapons program. Their hope was that they would breed and organic delivery system that would send the deadly agents directly into the Allied front lines decimating as many soldiers as possible while, at the same time, spreading fear amongst them and demoralizing their leaders. Thus the “ Falke von Brennend Dea” (roughly translated into “Burning Death Falcon” was born.

The “Burning Death Falcon” (singularly named although it contained 22 bird species spliced together including Toucan, Owl and Vulture) was also bred to withstand being pumped to near bursting with many types of corrosive acids. It was unveiled to the German elite and set loose upon the world in a grand ceremony on January 18, 1944. The ceremony would turn into a slaughter when the birds immediately turned on and destroyed the viewing audience, killing over 300 scientists, officers and politicians. It was not until years later that the cause was determined... during the splicing process, German scientist accidently used too much homing pigeon DNA.

Below: The “Burning Death Falcon” seen here with handler.

The Art of Eric
    Last edited by arteric; February 28th, 2005 at 10:15 PM. Reason: corrupt image tag

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast