Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Resedent Evil 4 Impressions???

.....really goddamn awesome.....

I'm only a good 45 min in (lunch break) .... is anyone else a good length in???

by far some of the best visuals this generation to date, and certainly the best art-direction the RE series has ever had....

and yes, I still went into playing it with my mind wired for the older games in the series.... That quickly had to change when I was rushed by 15+ villagers and had nothing loaded but a grenade.
    Last edited by JoshuaTheJames; February 12th, 2005 at 10:26 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    finally a good RE game...the rest i've played sucked ass!
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    yes indeed, this is the first RE I've been happy with (Outbreak was fun, but not a full RE game) ...

And also this is the first game in the series where you'll actually get swarmed in a house and have to defend against hundreds of zombies.. Kicking down ladders, pushing book cases in front of doors, etc...

incindiary grenades are fun against crowds

Thanks
    Aww man. This game is so badass. I'm about two and half hours into it, and stuck at the stupid troll boss. He's a bitch. That aside this game is not only incrdible looking, but damn fun as well. Hehe, right on with what you said Sammy about getting surrounded by villagers. This game's a blast. Wish work was over so I could go home and kick some troll ass.

Thanks
    ^^^
    keep pluggin' all you got into the Troll, and if you go in the sheds to get bullets be prepaired 'cause he'll take 'em down with a swinging tree (some context-sensetive buttons should come up for you to duck) ...

after a bit *spoiler?* that dog you saved from the beginning of the game should come help you ... he offers a distraction so run near him and take advantage of the Troll's short attention-span...

Once you've busted him up enough start shooting at the thing that pops out of his back *classic*

Thanks
    Hehe, I did all that, and I think that I kept managing to get him way down, but then he'd hit me, knocking me across the level, and.....killing me. RRrrrgg...so agrivating. I'll get him though. *holds up intimidating fist of DOOM!! dundundun* Will try again later. Thanks Sammy.

Thanks
    gamespot.com:

Yet it's not enough to call Resident Evil 4 one of the high points of the series, because this is probably the single greatest horror-themed action game ever created.

I'm still waiting for my copy (I'm in Europe).
    ( I'll kick the shit out of the postman if I don't get it tomorrow! )

D.
    darkcult

Thanks
    you live in europe? damn lucky.
    i'm tired of america.

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    This game is.. godly.

I actually got carded for it when I went to buy it... I'm 22 and couldn't pass for 17?! >_< But besides that, yea, I played for awhile... had to kill some crazy chainsaw guy in a creepy house.

I'm not even a real horror game fan... this game is just amazing. I could even say it's the best gamecube game period. Definitely the best 3rd person shooter mechanics I've ever seen. I hope the story plays out as good as the graphics, mechanics, and sound.

Thanks
    yeah, it kinda makes me want to have a gamecube...

Thanks
    damit damit damit, omg i went into eb games on tuesday (to get a DS, didnt have any in stock, that sucked ass) and i saw a guy buying resi evil 4, i was like "wtf its out?" ^-^

darn, i need this game so badly, but i live in sucky uk so i have to wait till... march? i think it comes out here in march.

anyway, try not to put too many spoilers in here ^-^ i had to scroll quickly as soon as i saw sammy's spoiler, *phew* i didnt read it ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Oh yea, the bossfights in this game... absolutely brilliant. I won't give any spoilers.. but at the end of chapter 1, that was the most hectic and frantic bossfight I can remember in recent history. That troll was nuts too. I'm afraid to see what's next.

Thanks
    I'm on disc 2 of the game right now, I'm taking my time to explore every part of the game. It's absolutely. Definately one of, if not the very best game this console generation, in my opinion. And that's hard to do, when you have games like MGS3 with "The End" boss fight. I've been playing the Resident Evil series since it first started, but turned my love over to Silent Hill. Silent Hill 2 was in my opinion the best survival horror game, on par with last year's Fatal Frame 2. But RE4 has just won me over... If you want to count this game as survival horror, it could be just an action game that happens to be the most frightening game experience I've had. All in all this game is great, I'm really nitpicky about games, but I'm struggling to find a single thing wrong with this.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    OMG!!!!! this game sounds just damn bloody fanasticaly super duper uber friggin' absolutley amazingly awesome!! i have heard nothing but GREAT reviews.

damn damn damn damn damn damn damn i want this game so baddly. argh gota wait till march, thats like, 1000 years away! ^-^

... man, ... i've ran out of words to describe how much i want this game ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    lol. It's a system seller for sure. I would but the console just for this, and I'd be content. I love throwing this game back in the face of XBOX fanboys who said the GC has poor graphics potential.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    I have ps2, but got GC just for the Resident Evil series (remake ) .

Resident Evil 4 is one hell of a great game! Pure !
    darkcult

Thanks
    MAN! this is SUCH a great game. It's nice to see the gameplay evolve into something great. Finally you don't feel helpless against the enemies but, it can still get damn freaky.

After playing this version with such wwell adapted gameplay I don't think I could ever go back and play the others. Btw I really like the 1st and 2nd. The Remake was dope.

Oh yeah and the GRAPHICS! They have some damn great Texture Artists! It's not that just each or single textures here and there are great but, the environments are just so well Textured and Properly Proportioned that it really puts your into the game/world.

-Joshua

Thanks
    I just got to the part where you fight the Gladiator Enemy for the 2nd time.

Man, I swear Capcom are the masters of gameplay! That game if full of one intense moment after another.

-Joshua

Thanks
    this game is one of the best I've ever played. Its going in my all time favorites.

Thanks
    woo, comes out 18th here in the UK, just 10 more days to go, cant wait!!

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Heh. I just got the 2nd disc last night.

-Joshua

Thanks

Thumbs up

AHhhhhhhhhhh...

Just finished! about 20 hours....

That is definitely one of the Best games I have ever played. The game designers Reallly did their job. The Gameplay was relentless.

-Joshua

Thanks
    yuo guys make me want a gamecube...damn you all.

Thanks
    Amazing game. I'm just on the second disc, but only because I've had no time. I'll try and finish this weekend.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 254 Posts
    i can't believe i missed this thread but i find it to be one of the most fantastic games ever produced for any console. peroid.

and i'm playing it through the second time

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 254 Posts
    Also would like to say if you didn't like the "you need the weird ass key on the otherside of the mansion" type gameplay from the other RE's

they've really streamlined those elements so you'll always find what you need close by.

i have to say this is probably the best example that not all games need to be freeroaming to be good. The series of events really pushes you on a straight and forward path and it never once gets old.

Thanks
    aahhh!!! comes out in 3 days!! ^-^

man i cant wait

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    OMG!! i get it tommorow!!! cant wait!! ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    i got the chicago typewriter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    hah that's strange, I was very deterred by the trailer. It showed the couple pushing a wagon with explosives down a hill, Looked very scriped and constipated. Now I hear this. woot woot.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast