Maybe this is not the right place to put this tread..but...!!!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry Maybe this is not the right place to put this tread..but...!!!

something to say in advance. This link is about the inhuman evildoing of Indonesian to overseas chinese. ( don't see it if you are under 18 ) I know that I should help those who need and I did donate money to them for the tragedy. But untill I saw these pics, I am shocked and began to suspect. SHOULD I ? SHOULD I? CAN'T BELIEVE THIS !!!

http://www.syuwa.cn/xue/file/bbs/topic.asp?topic_id=493

Last edited by Qian Wang; January 10th, 2005 at 02:39 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    something wrong with web page , put up 2 tread, don't know why. sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I didn`t understand a word on that webpage. But the pictures ruined my breakfast, even tho we`re hearing and seeing more and more human rights violations every day, and getting (sadly) desensitized.

If you are afraid that your donation might fall into the hands of these people, give it to the international organizations working there. (The Red Cross and so forth) They use it to help people, and nothing falls into the hands of evildoers. (Atleast thats what i choose to believe)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Slash
    I didn`t understand a word on that webpage. But the pictures ruined my breakfast, even tho we`re hearing and seeing more and more human rights violations every day, and getting (sadly) desensitized.

If you are afraid that your donation might fall into the hands of these people, give it to the international organizations working there. (The Red Cross and so forth) They use it to help people, and nothing falls into the hands of evildoers. (Atleast thats what i choose to believe)
    The words on that webpage is chinese comments.I am sorry that these pics ruined your breakfast. I admit that I was kinda out of control while watching these. Just can't understand why they did these, does it make them happy or something?? And what's more is that these are people from my country. I really feel hurt in my heart.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn that's awfull. Can you tell me what exactly is going on there? Are the people being tortured chinese people who came to help in Indonesia (banda atjeh) after the tsunami disaster?? Why are they being tortured????

Life is study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    Damn that's awfull. Can you tell me what exactly is going on there? Are the people being tortured chinese people who came to help in Indonesia (banda atjeh) after the tsunami disaster?? Why are they being tortured????
    These pics are not related to tsunami disaster. It's an even in 1998 in Indonesia. They raped and then killed people from China.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.syuwa.cn/xue/file/bbs/topic.asp?topic_id=497

another link showing the disaster this yeah.

watching the both, I don't know what to say....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think I'll avoid clicking on any links here and take your word for how horrific they are. I've heard about this before, I believe on CNN on short 30 second piece. I don't know what sickens me more, these awful acts or the fact that it's so easy for westerners to turn a blind eye to this. American news networks are full of so much trivial bullshit such as celebrity weddings and other things that have no consequence to the human race whatsoever, while things like this go ignored. The world needs to be aware of this. We needs to be enraged by this. Only then will those responsible be forced answer for their crimes and hopefully burn for them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is no justice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Qian Wang....that was a long time ago during the religious/racial civil war that went on in some parts of Indonesia.

I've got some friends who lost friends in that situation. A lot of indonesian chinese fled to Singapore for the duration. I'll highlight this thread to someone on this forum....he's indonesian...maybe he can shed more light.

Not saying you shouldn't be affected by the news...just that these are chinese immigrants who spent generations in Indonesia and had no bearing whatsoever to China....they don't even share the CHinese culture, especially for the newer generations....so technically speaking they're not your countrymen.

I'm chinese too... I speak chinese too but I'm not from China

Relax bro......this happened many years back. Remember the lessons but don't get too affected by it.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is also another, more recent abuse of the Chinese by their own countrymen. It centers around a sort of ti-chi/yoga exercise group that's called Falun gong. (Please pardon my spelling of these words.)

From what I understand, it's just a form of exercise that is practiced in public squares. Doesn't seem to be hurting anyone. Looks kind of cool.

There is a show running on public access here that details how these practitioners are routinely rounded up by the police and beaten for doing this exercise in public. Some of the victims they show have bruises covering their entire body. I think over 1,200 have died in prison from the beatings. There used to be a small group of demonstrators here in Daley Plaza handing out literature trying to draw attention to their cause.

Maybe this is not the right place to put this tread..but...!!!

From wikipedia.org:
    The government of the People's Republic of China, concerned by the group's ability to organize, claims it is an "evil cult" spreading superstition to deceive people. Whether Falun Gong is a harmless spiritual movement or a manipulative cult has been the subject of much debate. The former leader of the People's Republic of China, Jiang Zemin, used his power to condemn the group using the state controlled media. It should be noted, however, that Falun Gong has always denied itself being a religion or a cult, despite having shared principles with Buddhism and Taoism.

I hate my moniker, just call me 'Baron.'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by darth massacre
    Qian Wang....that was a long time ago during the religious/racial civil war that went on in some parts of Indonesia.

I've got some friends who lost friends in that situation. A lot of indonesian chinese fled to Singapore for the duration. I'll highlight this thread to someone on this forum....he's indonesian...maybe he can shed more light.

Not saying you shouldn't be affected by the news...just that these are chinese immigrants who spent generations in Indonesia and had no bearing whatsoever to China....they don't even share the CHinese culture, especially for the newer generations....so technically speaking they're not your countrymen.

Relax bro......this happened many years back. Remember the lessons but don't get too affected by it.
    you are quite right and really gave me a lesson. I am too young to understand the whole thing, especially when there is not enough evidence. I will keep your word in mind , thank you , bro..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron
    There is also another, more recent abuse of the Chinese by their own countrymen. It centers around a sort of ti-chi/yoga exercise group ...
    From what I understand, it's just a form of exercise that is practiced in public squares. Doesn't seem to be hurting anyone. Looks kind of cool.
    There is a show running on public access here that details how these practitioners are routinely rounded up by the police and beaten for doing this exercise in public. Some of the victims they show have bruises covering their entire body. I think over 1,200 have died in prison from the beatings. There used to be a small group of demonstrators here in Daley Plaza handing out literature trying to draw attention to their cause.
    The government of the People's Republic of China, concerned by the group's ability to organize, claims it is an "evil cult" spreading superstition to deceive people. Whether Falun Gong is a harmless spiritual movement or a manipulative cult has been the subject of much debate. The former leader of the People's Republic of China, Jiang Zemin, used his power to condemn the group using the state controlled media. It should be noted, however, that Falun Gong has always denied itself being a religion or a cult, despite having shared principles with Buddhism and Taoism.
    First of all, I don't wanna say that the government had choosen a right way to solve this situation , and secound of all, I wanna tell you that Falun Gong is not as normal as you thought. cuz I am in Beijing and use to being bothered by this organization. They sent letters , emails and even call me to let me join in their group. And many people were addicted to it and went into death. It's not possible to know what the government do to them, maybe the right ,maybe not; but at least I am sure that this organization is not just a normal social group. It is in great relation to politics. So what I wanna say is that we could keep an eye on it but don't give out comments too soon. ( I am trying to learn this atittude too)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by darth massacre

I lived in Sumatra during 93-94 as an English teacher and saw some terrible events firsthand. I don't consider ten years that long ago. I don't pick sides in racial issues, we are all people and everyone should be treated equally, but the truth of the matter is, we aren't, sometimes worse than others. In America I see people whine and get in frivolous lawsuits over absolute idiocy all the time. Try living on the edge in an area like Sumatra for a while. While there I had friends both Chinese and native, my ex wife is mixed herself, a rarity in Sumatra (but her father is a pretty powerful guy, and very kindhearted). Seeing people die before you, when there is nothing you can do because they are different is a very sobering event, something I will never comprehend. And something I will never get over.

----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.