Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want to say something good about it. But the color and some weird anatomy border me a lot. I like the design of the mouth though ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a nice attempt but I guess the thing that stand out to me is the lack of line weight variance and the scattered light source that adds no volume or believability to the piece. I can forgive the weird anatomy to a certain degree because it's supposed to be some fantastical creature.

The line weight is uniform throughout. If you want to hold the creature's shape together with a line (ala. comic book style) then vary the line weight to give the creature more volume. Give us some believability! Right now the linework is very reminiscent of a coloring book.

The light source has no definition. I look at the creature's hip and see a light source from the left. I look at the creature's forearms and see a light source from the right front area. Under its belly seems like its guts are being highlighted as well. The shadow thrown in doesn't correspond to anything as well. Too many light sources that don't lead us to believe that it's realistic.

Anatomy aside. Look at the creature's hand to the right. If that creature's hand is on the ground supporting its weight then it's crushing it's own finger- see how there's one digit that appears to come from the other side of its hand? How is the creature holding up its own weight? Give me some basis to believe the creature has some weight and put him down on a surface. I'm more believing the creature is floating in space now than to believe he's resting on any surface.

It's a nice attempt but don't be afraid to look at what makes certain pieces successful- lighting, anatomy, believability and composition. We as viewers want to believe it's real, but with so many inconsistencies & discrepancies- we can't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just colored this for the hell of it i knew it wasnt believable too... :p

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.