Art: A lady on the beach with robots, a robot, and a robot in a room.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A lady on the beach with robots, a robot, and a robot in a room.

Last thing I posted was kind of boring for various reasons. Hope these are more interesting.

I hope my lines screw with your heads. This is actually linear... except for few places (and mistakes) to screw with you

tear em apart

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff as always cold!

I especially like #1. There's something about the robot that I like, but I can't put my finger on it really.

For that one I have to crit the background, as it has some funky perspective errors on the water (?) and it doesn't seem to line up to the horizon too well, probbaly because of the water. The characters also seem to be floating in it, especially the woman, due to a lack of shadows.

The second one is very nice, but yeah, it does mess with you. I'm not quite sure what is supposed to be where, and your comment about it being linear are confusing. Do you mean that it is one corridor with a fishbowl type view? In that case, there needs to be some more distortion everywhere.

Not too hot on the last one personally, and the rendering is too loose. It gives it a rather scabby texture, which may or may not have been the point. But either way, it could use some more work.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet stuff matey -

I should note though that the girl/woman figure is'nt exactly anatomical correct, and the perspective is a bit skewed, you might want to look that up...

The technical elements in the 2nd pic are really cool though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dfacto and scribble

Heh.

Thanks guys.

"I especially like #1. There's something about the robot that I like, but I can't put my finger on it really."

It's red.
    Also I ditched the technical elements of that picture in favor of just having fun with it, as notable the picture doesn't conform to anything. On the same vein scribble, you're right, the red robot should coform more with a vp and the closer leg should come much closer to the camera, and deform more according to perspective. I fudged it, because I didn't want to do the work to make it perfect, lol.
    I think I'll tweak it for shadows though.

Also do you mind pointing out the anatomical flaws exactly, scribble? Would help to keep note on what I'm fudging on there.

As for the 2nd pic, if you draw the vps, and look at it closely dfacto, you'll note some areas you'd think would conform, are totally doing their own thing (though in a correct way). Mainly places on the floor tiles, and some structures that don't play fair with the eye. They started as mistakes, but I thought it gave the thing same character so I kept them.

I'll also tighten the robot quite a bit. You're right dfacto, it's too loose for me too now that I look at it. Better lean closer to the monitor this time

Thanks again.

Members who have read this thread: 1