Sketchbook: HEROIC's Back to LiFe< Lazy Girls > |28.08.06| - Page 4

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile

Thanx Mr.Alvarez.
    Wow, its so great u checked my sketchbook. Thx for the motivation man. I still got to practise alot, so much, this is jsut nothing, i've got to practise everyday, every night. ANd improve.

Thx alot for stopping by mr.Alvarez, check my Sketchbook more often.

ok, ok, new sketches comin up tomorrow.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Your last set of bridgeman studies are great. It looks like you spent more times on these and did them carefully. Well done. Keep it up.

Phillip

Phillip. Designer, web developer and artist.
    Check out my website.

Thanks

Study!

Halo, Keep up the studies! Your progressing nicely

-Abra

Thanks
    very nice update...glad someones getting some work done...can't wait to see more...talk to ya later

umm...maybe check out my sketchbook?

Thanks
    hi Heroic , very good stuff !
    your anatomy is very good i find !
    i ll come here more often too , it's important i think to be support while the hard working
    Keep drawing above all!

Thanks

Talking

wowy stuff O_O .. nice gestures and studies

is this brigdman ? damn i need to get these books

more pls

*bandit*

Thanks
    hey friend i see this works some days ago .. and you really becoming pretty good .... keep working ....
    can you put some titles of bridgman's book ?....
    keep working
    cya....
    hugs

"Roll the bones ''

My Cure

Thanks
    pvpham- Hey,, thx alot dude. I'll keep up the work. Time to hit your thread now.

Abra- Thx man. I need to get done so much work everyday.
    tweak_hp- Thx dude, lets see, hows gonna win this week's Winner Award for drawing. There are still 2 more days.

Shylone_Breath- Hey, thx alot for stopping by. Visit more often .
    -sideshowbob- Duuuude, i cut off the bandit's head about a minute ago, But ehh,, This is just for you.

Thx for stopping by man.

leonard_davi- Hey Leonardo, thx man for checking my sketches.
    Well, these are the books i use.
    different good authors: George Bridgman, Andrew loomies, Burne .

Website for Loomies: http://www.saveloomis.org/index.html
    Bridgman and Hogarth :
    Drawing Human HEAD Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life Constructive Anatomy Heads, Features and Faces The Book of a Hundred Hands

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Mr.Alvarez? Lol, Im younger than you are so I think I should be the one calling you Mr.

Dont worry I really like these forums Ill be watching this thread especially, You motivate me alot more than you can imagine, You are getting really good in a very short period of time, never stop posting, Ill never stop watching.

Thanks
    I remember copying the same arms from Bridgman that you have up there... Hope they help you.

Thanks
    Hey heroic !

pic 1: some handpalms are a bit short, some fingers are a bit thin, but at least half of the hands are very good, so I'm sure not complaining !
    pic 2: don't make the chest (breast-part ? don't know how to refer to it in english) too short (sideview); some heads are small ... put in the proportion-measurements after drawing the figure to see where you went wrong (and where right). The middle lower figure is all blubbery, putting in the simple mannikin frame would have helped (in other words, use when drawing from imagination, what you learned in your study, look in your books if you (partly) don't remember)
    pic 3:same remark as for pic 2: use proportionlines and skeleton to check flaws (you'll learn a lot by doing so too).
    pic 4: heads ! proportions (some legs too long/too short) ! Good to see you draw a lot of gestures !
    pic 5: some nice gestures, good movement, rythm
    pic 6: nice enough, maybe in the first, the part labeled 6, needs to be wider ?
    pic 7: make your perpendicular lines perpendicular (parallel with the page) ! I bet you know, but lines that are off can get you in trouble for more complicated pics.
    pic 8- end: looking fine to me (didn't study it yet, so I should shut up about it anyway).

Man, I think you're doing really, really good, I feel like I was pulling hair in the previous ... it's only natural that you still make mistakes, and you seem doing well into improving by yourself !

Still some remarks in general:
    I wouldn't time each separate drawing, these are studies, and I think you'll learn more, by going back and forth, tightening up even later on (or redoing if it's too major), analyzing, getting out some other books for more reference ... all things you might not do now in order not to screw up your timing. Each study should be sorta linked into the other as to get a deeper understanding, you should sorta forget to time (I do, mm, maybe it's the age, lol).
    Just time when you start drawing, and when you stop, or when you start a different subject.
    Also more semi-referenced drawings would be nice. Semi, not non, when you get stuck, don't invent, but look it up !
    Don't be too strict with your 'non erasing' strategy. It's good to get it right with as few lines possible ... but most important is to get it right ! Work for a while in (thick) pen or brush (not ballpoint) when you start to rely too much on your eraser, it'll show you what you can do, and teach you to think before putting down the line.

Hope this is any helpful ... take the good, leave the bad ...

Thanks for kicking my ass in my own thread, I'll hit my drawing board and update tonight .

Thanks
    Alvarez- Hey man, theres someone else in this forum called Alvarez, he is one of the best 3D Modellors, and ANimatorts . Lolz, i though u were him, anyways, thx alot for stopping by man. I really like ur fantacy style, im # 1 Fan of Fantacy.Visit here more often

NobodyYouWouldKnow- u probably jsut copied some lines, and u didnt undrestand the meaning of em , u didnt learn the muscles. Do it again, then so some from memory, if u jsut sit and wait till somehow u learn it, it wont come. U've got to fight and earn it, its not free dude. U've got to think as u draw, drawing is not jsut connecting some lines together, and give some shadings, if u dont analyse it, it wont help then.

NightVision- Hey man, woohooo
    That was the best C&C i ever saw. Really, really helpfull.
    Yes u are right about the mistakes, i know most of the probles, maybe i'll redo some of em, AAaa, am so lazy. but i didnt even see some mistakes u mentiones like, the hands and some arm studies. U are right about timing, ahhh, i should forget about timing, well, its important, but i shouldnt take it really serious. Well, i think, i've got to work more on my lines.
    oh, i got like 6 differnt books, with differnt authors. loomies, Bridgman, Hogarth.
    Thx alot man,

More to come for tonight.

(Click on the pics to enlarge)

Last edited by HEROIC; February 20th, 2005 at 10:46 AM.
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks

Smile

C&C are so welcomed.

ALi

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Awsome man, your anatomy pics are running along good!
    A question thou, don't know if you'v answered it earlyer, but you got any books to study from or so? Those are really good. For example you should try Burne Hogarth's books, very helfull, I can tell.

keep it uP!

Thanks

Smile

Hey man, thx for the kind words, hehe.

um, i think i've i've said it 6 or 7 posts before this one im posting.
    Ya, i've tried hogarth too. The head studies are from Hogarth, his figure studies are also great.i've got most of his books.

ok, im really, really sucks at Photoshop , AAA i really do. but hehe, im going to learn how to work with the brushes as soon as possible. I think the only part came out good are the eyes. Ah.,, there is a problems with da tatto too. Its like a plaing, haha. Its prespective is not right. But, eeh, Good for a start, ehh?

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    hey man.

I love the muscle studys, they look really solid, i'm totally hopeless at that, to busy cooking dead human hands in the toaster. not drawing enuff. *slap slap* wake up call for 1 am tomoz.

Do more muscles!...man that sounds gay hehe.
    keep on trucking homie

Crit for a crit!

Thanks
    I am impressed with your work on anatomy, and am eager to see it in action. However, I do note one minor issue I suggest you tackle before you really start smacking pieces together.
    The anatomy of the head seems as though it would be simple enough, however, I find it to be the hardest part of the human body to create. Nail down multiple angles of the head now. I see you are working on them, but keep at it! Soon enough, you'll be putting me to shame....

He who asks is a fool for five minutes,
    but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Starting over.

Thanks

Nice

I think its great that you focus on studies. I would like to see you improvise and find a composition you like and ad som background only one pic, I would love to see that.
    I think you are doing grate! You got me hooked!
    Ceep on ceeping on!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks

Talking

yay amir good looking studies man *bandit*

do some head studies from front to get a feeling for the zygomatic bone volume and face muscles*mass these studies help to find the propper shape for the mix between front and profile.. dunno how u call this.. like x/x ^^ dunno

yea perspective dont fits but looking cool .. i like it

more pls

Thanks
    Soul:Child- Thx alot man.
    Woah, im really glad u liked the studies. I'll keep doing it.
    thx alot for stopping by.
    Visit more often.

klinesmoker- He dude, thx for the advice, i'll take it serious.
    thx for the kind words. I'll do my best.

B-Man- Thx alot dude, for stopping by and viewing my sketches. I started drawing in couple month, im still a beginner dude, alot more to learn, alot more pratice . But i'll do my best to get it done, and get to my final goal ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

-sideshowbob- Hey man,,, what up?
    you are right about the head studies, im planing to do like 5 or 6 of em everyday, if i dont forget though, remind me at MSN. haha

Im sorry man, i didnt hit your thread for a long time, there wasnt anything i could comment on, everythings going beautifuly *BANDITLY* cool.
    But, anyway, i'll hit your thread ASAP.

I think, am getting better in lines, and figure drawings. Also when i am doing studies, i concentrate on what am i doing, why am i doing it. And analysing my own work.

Hope am doing fine till now. Ive got to do at least 2 pages everyday, but because of school ,the only days in the week i can draw are weekends> Saturday, Sunday.

READY FOR ANOTHER UPDATE. HERE IT COMES YALL

Im really sorry for the bad quality, i got the photos 2 minutes a go, and its really dark, so i had no real light source in room and the pic came out

C&Cs are highly Welcomed.

ALi

Last edited by HEROIC; February 20th, 2005 at 10:48 AM.
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    After the figures i did last night, i did some torso studies too.
    Probably i cant draw any thing today, too much school assignments.

C&Cs are so Welcomed.

ALi,

Last edited by HEROIC; February 20th, 2005 at 10:49 AM.
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    no no ...not fair...your study of anatomy are awesome ! omg ...bou it's depressed..
    how long do you draw ?
    Keep it up and get more pressure on my face !

Thanks
    yay, he does it again ... it's great you work so hard, almost everytime I look you got a (or even more than one) new update.

On the update from yesterday (which says 'today' though) the big photo's have really nice poses going on ... there's some anatomical/proportional flaws, yes, but the poses themselves are very convincing, love 'em.

Update from today: first pic I noticed necks seem long and the female breasts too high. In case you didn't notice .

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks
    Wow your getting alot better by every post, Keep this up, And this shows

that hard work pays off, Your female anatomy is getting pretty good,

Id suggest practicing the male anatomy a bit more.

Thanks

some Head studies

Shylone_Breath- Thx alot for visting my Sketchbook often, i've got to so so much more anatomy, then i've got to draw some real studies like real people not drawings, then apply what i've learnt to my imagination skills.Too much work, u think i can do it?
    If i want to, i can. Wish me luck guys
    Well dude, this weekend i was really in the mood, when i have a free time, and theres nothing serious going around, like school, or stuff like that i would start drawing. Like, Friday i was drawing till 11:00pm, but Saturday i was drawing till 2:00am next morning. And today, sunday, i had to do some Hws, and i had to go out and buy a wacom, but, ah,, they said, we aint have it in the stock.

NightVision- Thx alot for the comments man. i should work more on the necks and breasts. haha

Alvarez- Hey dude, thx for keeping up with me. Well, i love female anatomy, if u say so, i can do some male too. Hahaaa. u are right. i'll do my best to do them equaly. (more female drawings are better though )

Thank u all for Motivating me. This motivation makes me feel more confident and more ready to grasp new skills.

I think this is it for today. Hope i'll get some time to draw Monday-Friday .

(Click on the pic to enlarge)

I'll finish the last head tomorrow or if i had enough time, late at night.
    C&Cs on the works are so welcomed.

Oh, by the way i forgot to tell yall, my sketchbook is 28cm in 35.5cm.

ALi or AMir

Last edited by HEROIC; February 20th, 2005 at 10:50 AM.
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Keep drawing man! You're on the right way

SKETCHBOOK: Darkos Darkroom // BLOG: darkos asylum

Thanks
    Holy crap dude.

You weren't kidding about a big update. Really good work man, you worked really hard on this.

Little things here and there... like the legs in some of the first figures are way too rigid and the angles are too extreme, keep an eye out for that. Good to see you doing a lot of the studies I've worked on, I've gotten a lot out of them, but you REALLY have to stay focused and keep the proportions right. Some of your parts look stumpy and fat, like some of the arms and legs. I did that a few times on my Bridgman studies as well...

On your female figure from the 12th, her head looks too big for her torso. Also, a thing I noticed about her right arm is the joint on the uppper part... doesn't look like the shoulder or the elbow... seem in between, makes her look broken!

Really good that you're doing the harder studies and doing different things all at once, but you have to concentrate on it and stay focused when you draw it and always compare it to the reference often.

Overall, it's very good that you did so much work in this period of time. I think what would be a good exercise would be if you took 1 sheet out of your updates every now and then and compare it to your references and try to pick out what looks different. That's what I do, anyway.

Sorry for the short critiques, just got home from the road, kinda tired. If you want, I'll look over them more carefully next chance I get and get back to you on it.

Awesome progress and great hard work, Amir.

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Wow man. That's a helluva lot of progress 0.0 *is inspired* Keep at it!

Thanks
    oh,my!! I now,by chance,finally,can see your portfolios here!
    They are awesome! I am so happy to see that you are improving very fast!
    I am inspired and think I should practice more.
    and here are some advice:
    I can see that you pay much attention to anatomy, that's good.( I guess I need to learn them 2), but it seems that there is a little proportion problems in your works, more or less. well, in your latest works, I saw that you were trying to use cubes to set up a body and its details that was great cuz this is very very important. So happy to see you have soloved it. Keep drawing, looking forward!!!!

Thanks
    hey man, nice progress there. As for time... I'm not sure about you but after some scheduling, I can fit in about 2-3 hours of drawing everyday. (and I sleep at 9:30). My method is simply do as much homework at school, prioritizing asignments and stuff. Normal homework ... I don't do most of them, only the important ones.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2