Sketchbook: HEROIC's Back to LiFe< Lazy Girls > |28.08.06|

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

HEROIC's Back to LiFe< Lazy Girls > |28.08.06|

Hello Every One,
    Its been a while i've been here in the forume, i read so many great posts, so many great drawings and sketches from great people.

I just started Drawing in a month, its pretty cool, i really like it.

ive never liked to draw , i used to hate drawing and painting and find it boring, but its MY LIFE NOW
    my drawings are really crap, im gonna show u some of em that i did in the passed month.

SEE THE MOST RECENT WORKS IN THE LAST PAGE

Hope like it! ^^"

Dec4th, my School
    HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06|

Dec17th

Dec22nd

Dec24th

Dec25th-01- Game character

Dec25th-02 Game character

Dec25th-03 Game character (the eyes are too big and the stick is curved!!! I KNOW)

Dec26th Game character

hehe,, thats is for today,
    OK,, now,,, am waiting for da comments!!!!!

Last edited by HEROIC; August 29th, 2006 at 10:04 AM.
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

i really don't know what to say....keep practicing....

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan

i really don't know what to say....keep practicing....
    Just don't bother..

--------------------------------------------------------

Heroic, hey man.

So we got your first posts hey, i say it's not bad at all for someone who just started. You should see some of the work that comes out of fundies down here in Sheridan. It's really late, ill comment some more later but from what i see, you should let go the fantasy stuff just a bit, try to work on anatomy. If you want to get the shapes right, don't copy off super heros or marvls or game stuff..they usualy are way off the actual good stuff to learn, plus youre just copying whats been done way too many time.

I know it's hard to find some good places for models but try some old anatomy books, they usualy very good in general.. if youre into analysing, better off copying those. Then later on when you get the grip you can start doing your own fantasy. Just a way to do it better i think.

Ill catch you later man... it's 1 am and i got tons of things to do/post/etc..

keep up man

alx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, Roger what Alex (softdrawer) posted.

Keep looking at books, real people, construct things and learn proportions first. Details....it can come later.....I've learned it this way before but never really enforced on me till I came to Sheridan....don't go into details too early. Build up your picture bit by bit, start from the frame (anatomy studies) and then the little details.

Keep em coming.

Whooooo 1.29am and more DVDs to watch!

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey alex,

I just found out that i got to start from Basics not jumping way too much and copying, i showed my drawings to a friend in library and he told me the same u said,, it just passed away my mind cause the only thing i was thinking about was, what should i do next,?

Now i undrestand what do i have to do, i gotta start from basics, and i got the stuff to do it, and i got plenty of time, so better not to lose it.

i got like 5 or 6 books on Anatomy and lifedrawings from the library today.

Im gonna try the anatomy stuff by tomorrow morning, from the pics it looks pretty cool, cant wait to read it, its too late now, 1:30am,,

thx for helping man. U know, im so lucky that i found u guys, specialy the sheridan students, and so many other artist here,, cause if i didnt know, i just dont know what crappy experience i would have after 1.5 hears, just wasting my time.
    Thx Softdrawer,darth massacre

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I recognized Alex immediately.

Desire is the primary ingredient to learning a skill and drawing is definately a skill, so I'd say you have everything you need: desire, pencil, paper, and a sandwhich when you get hungry (you do have a sandwhich, don't you?).

There are several books which can take you along a structured path and many seem very good (my path was devoid of structure), if you wanted to go that way. If not, there's an exercise which seems boring and pointless, but is actually really useful (and can be cool). Take a couple sheets of paper and practice drawing lines. Make them straight and consistant, swoopy with varied line weight, thick and heavy, and thin and narrow, but make each line its own entity (not back and forth or sketchy). The first order of business in drawing is lines. When you get comfortable with the tools (lines), you can really concentrate on where they go, since giving them the approriate weight will come naturally. Take about 15 minutes a day to do nothing but line work (then draw what you want). It's a fairly good warm-up (like streching prior to running) and you'll be stunned in a couple weeks at how much better your drawings are.

You're on your way. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dogfood- thats a very good idea man, i didnt think drawing has a warm up too. lol

i think i got what u said, its a very good suggestion, i got some books, but im gonna go to library again and check out for more.
    can u plz draw an example of the warm up as you said, for da lines, and upload it. So i'll be sure i undrestood the right thing.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey,,
    I just finished reading the book, it was awsome,, the human anatomy is great, its amazing.

these are some stuff i worked today, and there are some stuff i did at school.

um, i've got a question, does it matter if i do some drawings from objects too along learning the anatomy and proportions?,, cause u know, they are not that much complicated. There are lots of things around here i wanna draw, but i think maybe its not the time or,, ehh

For this one, i saw the character's face from a different view, like prespective, then i draw its front view.

Last edited by HEROIC; January 8th, 2005 at 11:44 PM.
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    I recognized Alex immediately.
    huh?

-------------------------

Hey, yeah it's good to see that you want to learn.. and you're getting there man. Kepp on doing the same, analyse all the time.. ask yourself some questions as how to create good illusions and how to reander things so they look real. Push always.. get books of professionals and try to find out why they do it in certain ways and what does it give to them. How is it a good technique and how they manage to succeed with it. There are soo many alternatives and options to creation that you can achieve. Just so as much as you can, at one point you'll find your own style/technique and point of interest, then you'll know what you wanna do in school (Sheridan perhaps or any of your other choices).

Just try to always find drawing fun and creative.. if you ever feel down and think you cant create anymore, youre wrong.. theres -always- stuff to draw no matter what. You could draw the same figure over 10000 times and the 10001th time it'd be better and you would of learned something new. trust me. Great artists have been drawing since ever and keep on doing it. It's a matter of finding your passion in art, a goal perhaps. Then everything else comes into place by itself.

Hope that helps a bit,

If you have any more specific questions..

alx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Soft, good advice. (The bottom piece in the first post is Alex, from Half-Life 2.)

Heroic, this is a pretty poor example of a quick line exercise (a littel more than half a sheet), making the lines smooth and controlling their direction (sometimes) and weight. Some of these can be pretty tough, but you will see the pay-offs. Once you can control your lines, you will have far more confidence and increase your ability to draw what you want to draw.
    You know, I think I need to go back to doing this. It's been years and I'm getting sloppy again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Softdrawer- thx for the advice man. As soon as i get to library i'll do it. I have the desire and passion to do it, and i have everything(even the sandwich). SO i better go for some shopping. Different pencils, and an skethch book.

dogfood- thx for the example man. its gonna be boaring in the first but im sure it helps.

um,, can anyone give a little help for buying some stuff i need for drawing,, and their brands, cause i dont have any idea about it.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Materials are immaterial. During his life drawing course, people would stand behind Frank Frazetta and gush over his work, offering to buy his "magic" pencils. He turned to his neighbor in wonder, perplexed why anyone would want his no-name pencil stubs (the erasers were even gone!).

Some folks will recommend mechanical pencils (which maintain an even sharpness), while others will tell you to use only Devine Majesty brand pencils, kept sharp with the finger nail of a Vestal Virgin. It's all bunk; simply others' preferences. It's usually best to experiment as much as possible, determining what suits you best by trial and error. That way, you not only get what is best for you, personally, but you also get the mileage (and it's all about the mileage). Books are a good place to start. They will explain some of the common uses and effects of the various media. From there, it's all up to you.

Get crackin'!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey,,
    hmm,, lets see what did i learn today,
    FUN,, all fun!,,, bad i got to go to a party.

Enjoy,, and dont forget da comments

HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06|

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All I use is a 2B pencil and a Nice white eraser which wont get the paper all dirty,
    Like gdogfood said, It changes from person to person. Try out pencils from your local art store such as 2B, 7B, 8B, 2H

But I would reccomend you start with a nice 2B pencil.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, i always use 4H and HB..

i dunno, thats what i like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey all,
    today i was busy, i had to finish a book for ENglish class, but i did some stuff on drawing leg and arm. I learned so many things today, it really helped, and my hand and finger drawing is getting better, i found an easy way to do it, but eeh,, bad i've got to put it for tmr. i have so much works to do for school,

So, here it goes:

HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06|

HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06|

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, here I come. Man , your portfolios are good, keep it going and you will success.

here are some advice: try to practice lines,especially draw straight lines. and then learn perspective , draw structurally. If you find it too hard to begin with figure drawing , you could try objective drawing first, and pay attention to spacial expression. use different lines(dark and light).

that's some tips from my experience, not very professional.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Jabba. I've noticed a 2B works really well, you can get good line quality/weight. Anything 3B and above tends to smear your drawing if you accidently touch it with your hand. As like everyone else said.. this just works for me

oh, and with your drawing, try to do your "sketchy" drawing very light (try to establish just the gesture of the pose, then whatever minor details at that point). Finally go over it darker, with some confident line strokes to fill in the body's. Refer to the line exercises before hand.

GL man

I don't pray because I don't want God to know where I'm at.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Qian Wang- Hey man, thx for the advise, i wanted to start with objective drawing too, but u know i didnt find the propotions and figure drawing that hard, but u maybe right, cause if i start with objective i would undrestand the lines better, and use it more properly.

sodomizer- I know i have some problems with da lines, i did some practicing for da lines before the drawing and i got better control of the lines than before. but i got to make it a little longer, the one i did was like 1 minute, or 2 minute..

So, at the end, i think if i practise more and more i can do better in da lines, and get the control of it. But on the other hand, i dunno, if i practise with the objective drawing, will it be better. eer, i doesnt matter for me, i'll do both at the end.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all,
    what up concept art?
    Hows it goin??

Omg, im going to be so busy this month, i have a test or quiz with an assignemt or ISP everyday. Its crazy. I've got to read 2 400 pgs books for next week.

but anyway, im still drawing, not that much.

ok, i think u remember the hand on the last post. i worked on it. I planned to draw my hand, and other's hands in different positions, if i find some time .

So, i'll just post whatever i did today.
    COMMENT PLZ
    If u think im doing sth wrong, i'll be happy to know, cause i don want to waste any time.

HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06|

Oh, oh,,,, this is the first drawing, i imagined, these kinds of drawings arent really my faviorate, but it jsut comes to my head, and i draw it, and im gonna work on it, i know the jaw isnt in the right position and im gonna work on it.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Think in 3D

I like the work. I see a great improvement in your style of rendering, and that is impressive over a short period of time. One thing you might try to work on is to think more of the forms as rounded elements in a 3D space. Right now it seems that you are focusing more on the outline of the object, and that forces it into a set of lines and flattens the image right away. Fine if you are doing cartooning, trouble if you are trying for more of a realistic approach.

You might want to be a bit sketchier in your process, loosen up a bit and let the pencil flow more... don't worry about making mistakes. And as you draw your form, build it out of more rounded shapes. Think of them as cylinders, cones and spheres... not squares, rectangles and triangles. Getting past that "paper flattness" barrier is hard, and it is more of a mental exercise than anything physical that you hand can draw.

And of course, practice practice practice.... advice we all give and rarely take... myself included.

Good luck, and post more...

Eric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What arteric said. You can even do that with just line, just by varying your line weight.

I think you're doing very well. With the eye, realize that the eye is a set, not just an almond shape. It consists of the eye ball, the upper lid and lower lid. These elements interact differently along the length and have different shapes that make them up. I would look at different eyes and try to represent them as well as you can. Don't miss the tear duct, folds, or bags. They all make the eyes much more interesting. This is also a great place to practice line weight.

Lookin' good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some drawings i did in school, and the muscle studies i did in home.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys,,
    um, i am doing this Anatomy studies, and i just changed the figure, but im not sure if its right, i wanted to know if i did the right thing before i'll draw the muscles.

Last edited by HEROIC; January 30th, 2005 at 11:48 PM.
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey,,, its been a long time i was busy with school, and i couldnt post any sketckes. So, these are the stuff i did over this week.

So i just started looking at Loomis Books, its really usefull. And im going to try Bridgman books by next week.

um, from now on, i wont have much time for drawing, because im going to library for studying, and i wont have that much time left when i get home. But i'll do my best to have at least 2 or 3 drawings everyday!!!

C&C are welcomed.

thx to mr. mentler for head studies.

HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06| HEROIC's  Back to LiFe<  Lazy Girls  > |28.08.06|

Last edited by HEROIC; January 17th, 2005 at 05:46 PM. Reason: wording probs
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all,
    Im doing drawing the MANNIKIN frames now, and my plan is to first learn the movements, and positions then i want to do some more details on the frame, then practise on the figures. And at the end i can mix these two together.
    Hows that?? any suggestions???

The drawing i did from a big poster i had in my room..

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey buddy !!!

Woaw man, thats soo good... awesome studies. by doing that, i swear to god, you learned 100 times more than copying some game character/fantasy dudes.. thats exactly what you have to do, keep on the practice! I love those gestures, i say the skull might need a bit more study but you have all the time in the world to do that.. just make sure when you study anatomy, try to understand why things function in a certain way, not just copying...if you do that and only that, its already a HUGE step forward trust me. That's what ive done for praticaly most of my life, i never got any art classes but at least i worked hard at studying life and the environment.

Keep the good work man, feels good to see youre pushing yourself. And sorry if i dont reply all that often, school's heavy and i dont have internet on my computer.

I need to see more, try different elements with your anatomy studies like perspective and textures and shading.. once you get far enough, ill try to show you a few ways to understand lightings..till then keep on working woth stuctures/perspective and the understanding.

alx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Howdy, Heroic!

Everyone gave you the right advice: anatomy anatomy anatomy!

Good to see you doing studies from different sources. See some Loomis and some of Michael Mentlers work... that's good, man! Always good to work the anatomy regularly and draw from life. Once you got that down, character design should be way easy!

You've improved visibly, so you're doing something right! Keep it up, dude! I'll check back more often!

Ian

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow,, after 1 week i see 2 replies. thx guys.

softdrawer- Hey man, if u wouldnt come and comment i would close my thread man,,, AAA,, can u undrestand u are the only person i know how has gone the way i wanted to go and still continuing!!!
    thx for da comment, i know u are busy in school.
    I'll keep your words in my head (when you study anatomy, try to understand why things function in a certain way, not just copying), there are always some notes and instruction before doing these anatomy studies, but i didnt care, i just read some of em , briefly. Now i know i got to read them, also i've got to analyse it in my head.
    i'll try my best to use the most of the free time i have for drawing.

i'll have 2 quizes this weeks and 1 test, and 2 tests and 2 quizes and a project to hand in.

IanE- hey Ian , thx for the reply.

I've got to learn some anatomy from u, u've practised alot, and learned alot too.
    Loomies studies are really great, its incredibly full of informations and ways to draw. i got to use more of Mr. Mentlers studies, they are great too. Next week im gonna get the bridgman books.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didnt have any time to do any drawing in the week, i just had 30 minutes last night, i draw some stuff. Learned some stuff, .
    Im gonna draw more tomorrow hopefully. SO, stick to your chairs, and wait. U can go to wash room if u want!!

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.