Thanks

Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines

dude, i got this game and beat it.
    here's what i think about the game.
    this game has terrible use of the source engine and has loads of bugs that piss me off!
    still, story and concept are all good.
    And the choices of different clans and improved character sheet is a good addition. still i kinda feel the first game was much better.
    let me explain about the bugs of this game. it lags for no apparent reason, i even try turning down the graphics or updating it with the patch, but none of that helps. also the game has terrible responsiveness. like when you walk for five seconds or so, let og of the controls and your character will keep running until he or she hits and obstacle and you regain control... this bug got me killed so often i had to turn godmode on, having godmode is the only way you can beat the game. there is no other way to beat it. Troika games didn't do a very good job...

anyone else have their opinions and compliants?
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I just finished it last week and enjoyed the game quite a bit. There are graphical glitches and such that are, honestly, quite annoying; the cutscene animations and some character closeups for example.

It certainly does not have the polish that one would expect, but I enjoyed the game immensely otherwise. I did not, however, have any game-breaking bugs and I imagine my opinion would change if I would have run into those. It would slow down (~20 fps) in some areas, mainly hubs, but otherwise it was smooth as silk.

Did you try patching the game to version 1.2? I haven't yet but I read that it was helpful for some of the annoying glitches.

I went through with a Gangrel and just started again as a Malkavian. The separate dialogue tree for the Malkavian will keep me playing through a 2nd time by itself.

I hope that patch helps you out if you try it; it really is a shame that the glitches and bugs obscure an otherwise solid game.
    A Morning Person
    Somewhat Daily Sketchbook

Thanks
    The patch is bullshit...it just fixes some quest glitches.
    i started as a malkavian. malkavians are really cool andpossibly one of the best. after i beat it i started again as a gangrel.

from what i know, avoid the brujah and nosferatu, they are the worst possible clans in the game.

i plan to try the tremere, tremere's are so powerful and can like really use the darkside of the force...you know what i mean. they can make people explode!
    which is fucking cool!

when ever you pick a clan focus on your characters special discipline.
    like for malkavians the dementation is important. i didn't care about obfuscate or the other one that much i spent most of my points in combat, strenght, security, computer and stealth. guns in the game are fucking useless. close combat and the katana are your best weapons in the game.

the game is good, but still the bugs and glitches piss me off. i haven't played it in a while.

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    I was pretty disappointed with Bloodlines.
    I waited for this game for quite a while and almost skipped over Half-Life 2 to buy it because I didn't have the money to get both at the time. But I didn't finish it and lost interest in playing it after a week or so...
    As well as all the glitches and the annoying amount of loading I found it to be frustrating in the way it forces the player into combat situations on a regular basis. Sure there are ways to talk through situations but often it doesn't matter what you say, all roads lead to fighting.
    This is not a good thing when you've selected a clan like Ventrue or Toreador that aren't really supposed to be combat oriented. What's the point in spending big points in any of the social skills when you know you'll be forced into fighting one or more vampires to get the next mission?
    Isn't the whole point of having different clans with different strengths the fact that you could use those different strengths to achieve results in different ways than *having* to fight?
    Sydney artist Luke Marcatili

"Fear is the mindkiller..."
    - The Litany Against Fear

Thanks
    man whenever a table top RPG gets turned into a video game it somehow has terrible flaws....

o well, long live the table top nerds!!!!

Thanks
    yeah my buddy who is into tabletop RPGs knows this game very well and says this game sucks compared to the table top version.

Thanks
    yeah. i used to be into the pen and paper RPG and one of the hallmarks of the White Wolf approach to games is their free-form and character/ story based philosophy of gaming.
    Well obviously computer games are a vastly different medium but Bloodlines is extremely limited in my opinion- not only for an table top RPG licence but just for a computer game RPG in comparison to many other RPGs available for the PC.

Anyway...
    Sydney artist Luke Marcatili

"Fear is the mindkiller..."
    - The Litany Against Fear

Thanks
    yeah, it was SOOOOOOOOOOO limited, i felt like i couldn't do ANYTHING.
    kinda makes me think about the awesome freedom "elderscrolls3:MORROWIND" gave me. you could go anywhere and do anything. there needs to be more RPGs like morrowind...there is a new elder scrolls game coming out.
    elderscrollsIVblivion

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan
    yeah, it was SOOOOOOOOOOO limited, i felt like i couldn't do ANYTHING.
    kinda makes me think about the awesome freedom "elderscrolls3:MORROWIND" gave me. you could go anywhere and do anything. there needs to be more RPGs like morrowind...there is a new elder scrolls game coming out.
    elderscrollsIVblivion

yea i'm definitely looking forward to elder scrolls 4...morrowind is still fun, you really can do anything in that game...i just like to avoid the buff NPC's or aggro mobs...they make me cry