Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Hi Dizon

Great update - really like his costume and the little details like the silver rings and his scars it really makes it yeah there a few anatomical things like his left hand (as we look at it) seems a bit mishapen compared to his right, but if it's all from memory then I'm not gonna comment coz it's nearly spot on

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks, Angel!

Here's a new one. I figured I'd do a character design that's fully colored as opposed to the last one.
    Last edited by Dizon; February 4th, 2009 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    Here's a new one. Just finished.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    I like the creature a lot! and the marine also, simple but great! most makes their designs too complex and fancy. but however i do feel like the way hes holding such a heavy looking rifle would be rather uncomfortable

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleDoodle View Post
    I like the creature a lot! and the marine also, simple but great! most makes their designs too complex and fancy. but however i do feel like the way hes holding such a heavy looking rifle would be rather uncomfortable
    Thanks! Yeah, some artists are just crazy with the details. I don't quite understand how they could do that. But in my case, I just wanted to add just the right amount of detail. No need for extraneous stuff.

Thanks
    Good stuff, i like the Sophia Loren one. It's all about the values in the end right? The character designs are a little stiff tho.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 902 Posts
    HI Dizon

i like very much the creature design and colors, it seems you've reached your goals on this. (the light is a good idea, and the overall is well thought) well done ! are u interested in animals documentary ? or anything like that !

I think the marine is a good start, it has good points but if i was you i would go further .I think the marine should look more cluttered with things , make him look dangerous killing machine,i know it can be a sort of cliché to do it cluttred with guns and armour, but you can find a new way to make it dangerous. (look at mass effect girls)

the legs are a bit stiff, can be leaning on one leg !

finally, it's just correction and adding !

keep in that way

Thanks
    Hi Dizon -

I really like your dragon, the rendering is sort of what I've been aiming for, do you do it with photoshop? If so then can I pick your brains on what brushes and opacity settings you use?

cheers

Thanks
    Nice, the portraits are to die for!
    riven phoenix rulz

My Skecthbook

Thanks
    Walnut- Thanks, dude. I'll try to improve my poses next time.

Zou- Thanks for the crits. Much Appreciated. I'll take a look at those mass effect girls to get some ideas!

Angel- Hi Angel For most of the work here I only use 2 kinds of hard-edged circular brushes. Both are pressure sensitive and have "Other dynamics" and "Smoothing" turned on. The opacity is always at 100 percent. The only difference is that the other one has "shape dynamics" turned off. I use that for the line work because I like how shape dynamics tapers both ends of the stroke. I also use that at a small size. I think of it as my pencil.

The other brush has shape dynamics turned on. It gives much broader/wide strokes. This is the one I use to "paint". I always have this at big-medium size to quickly lay-in values and colors.

So really, nothing special here. The most important thing is the knowledge you have. I always think in terms of values and making sure the colors have the correct values.

Silvenon- Thanks, man. I love doing portraits.
    Last edited by Dizon; February 10th, 2009 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 721 Posts
    Nice going! Portraits and quick studies are getting stronger and stronger.

#156 : Sophia Lorens nose bridge looks a little sharp perhaps. Baby looks great, very subtle.
    #160; Nice character. Whats perhaps bothering with the neck is not so much the shading itself, but the fact that you can see the necklace so clearly. Sort of 'pushes' the neck back, as if there is nothing there. Because I like the dramatic lighting by itself.
    #167; Always nice to see character designs of more 'simple' characters. Not everyone is a superhero. Like the helmet design. Same for the gun, although it looks like cardboard. (probably because of the way he's holding it, like Noodle mentioned).
    #168; Nice! a creature. Like the rough skin and unusual features, like the markings and 'neck-globe'. I'm quite unsure of its size though. Head looks like it would fit on a small creature, with those big eyes. But the legs are fit to support a heavy body, they are strong and below the body rather than sideways.

Keep it coming!

Take a look at my Website!

Thanks
    Thanks for that, I'm still learning about the brushes and haven't experimented with any settings like the shape dynamics, I was trying to find a brush already that tapered at both ends, now I know I will make my own and change other settings to see what happens, the smoothing sounds good so I'll have a play. Cheers

Thanks
    A new WIP. Doing some kind of monster this time. Still not sure about the torso area, but I'm quite happy with its green body so far.

And a quick sketch of Sophia for practice.

Anthis- thanks for the detailed crits. I agree with the gun. Not really a kick ass design there. I don't really do too many soldier types so this is quite new to me.

Angel- No prob.
    Last edited by Dizon; February 12th, 2009 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks
    Oops, great work. Do you always start with that gray black background, cos I think it's easier to have a darker background

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Death View Post
    Oops, great work. Do you always start with that gray black background, cos I think it's easier to have a darker background
    Yeah. It's become a habit of mine. I just don't like starting with white. I'm fine with this gray though. Not too light or dark IMO.

Thanks!

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast