Thanks

The Process of Design? Help PLEASE

Hi guys.

About my situation right now: I am working on a pretty importatnt school paper. The Subject is "The process of designing and how it changed in the past 20 years".

I tried to contact some random design companies for interviews, but all I would get as an answer was "Sorry no time....". It's not too important to have a perfectly professional source of information that my school can doublecheck, so I thought about posting this matter here. I know that there are some more or less professional people around here, who have some work experience and stuff, so I'd like to ask for your help:

Whatever you can tell me about the process of designing (whatever it is that you design) is highly appreciated.

How does the design process work in a team?

What stages do you go through?

How do you include customers/clients knowledge about design in your work? Does their opinion influence you? Has this influence changed? How does this influence show in the design process?

How do you think about functional/visual design?

Any other things you can tell me as "insiders"?

I would really appreciate any comments. No matter if you know it from experience, or from school lessons, or you just know someone who told you something about it.

Later,
    Matt

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I know that there are some more or less professional people around here, who have some work experience and stuff, so I'd like to ask for your help.

Thanks
    Easy there, otis! From the sounds of it, Matt's a youngster here. If he genuinely didn't know- he's at least brave enough to ask the questions. If you feel as though he's got to figure it out for himself, he's at least giving the effort. Besides I know of several other instructor colleagues of my own that have students interviewing professionals for their insights on their industry.

Matt's not asking us to do the homework for him- he's asking us for our responses to which he'll incorporate into his homework.

Thanks
    I guess I took, (It's not too important to have a perfectly professional source of information that my school can doublecheck) the wrong way. I thought he was looking for a source so his teacher wouldn't know how he got his answers.

I apologize.
    "If one advances confidently in the direction of
    his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he
    has imagined, he will meet with a success
    unexpected in common hours."
    - H.D. Thoreau