Thread: Awesome artist

Thanks

Awesome artist

Nevermind, carefull searching through yahoo was all i needed.
    Mark Tansey, his work is absolutley stunning.
    He takes an everyday thing and turns it into a commentary, or metaphor of sorts, or just puts an interesting twist on it.
    Those aren't his best works by any means but thats all i could find, maybe his website has more but i couldn't get there because my browser is fucked up. If you guys find anymore cool images please post them. Anyway;

Awesome artist

duet
    Awesome artist

interview
    Awesome artist

Awesome artist

Awesome artist

triumph
    Awesome artist

modernism/post-modernism
    Awesome artist

picasso and braque give cubism flight
    Awesome artist
    Last edited by dusty imp; January 2nd, 2005 at 01:48 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i've seen some of these in person and yes, they're pretty darn cool.

Thanks
    $%@^%$^ HELL! Good shite!
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Damn nice, thanks for pointing him out. So much humour in those pieces .
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Huu... suddenly have to laugh at some of the images... (4,5 & 7 in figures)
    because of the content, of course!

Great artist!

Thanks
    great stuff, so expressive

only thing yutani, i'd make sure you post the artist's name in bold so people know who this is from

thanks for posting

Thanks
    haha, good point injection, don't want people to think it's my work.
    Glad you guys dig.

Thanks
    mark tansey has been one of my favorite painters since i was in high school... we had a great book full of his work.
    i think there are a couple books of his work that are usually easy to find at art museum bookstores and libraries, most definitely worth checking out. he has a tremendous body of work
    his originals are really nice... i believe the cow painting is in the Met in nyc...? jrr?

from what ive heard and read, his process of painting is really similar to the process of drawing where you lay down a dark tone of charcoal and work out of it with an eraser. he lays down the darkest tone of oil and then works the middle tones and highlights out of it with brushes /scrapers and turps and pushing and pulling the paint laid down... all the white areas are the white of the canvas. (i believe he does this for most of his paintings)

that cowboy painting was always a favorite of mine.... as well as another painting where eskimos meet bedouins in a swirl of white snow/desert sand ...

edit:: found the painting i mentioned-- although its really low res :/

Awesome artist
    Last edited by wes9000; January 2nd, 2005 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    mark tansey has been one of my favorite painters since i was in high school... we had a great book full of his work.
    i think there are a couple books of his work that are usually easy to find at art museum bookstores and libraries, most definitely worth checking out. he has a tremendous body of work
    his originals are really nice... i believe the cow painting is in the Met in nyc...? jrr?

from what ive heard and read, his process of painting is really similar to the process of drawing where you lay down a dark tone of charcoal and work out of it with an eraser. he lays down the darkest tone of oil and then works the middle tones and highlights out of it with brushes /scrapers and turps and pushing and pulling the paint laid down... all the white areas are the white of the canvas. (i believe he does this for most of his paintings)
    Ya, that's what i remember from explanations.
    Last year when i still was in art college we had him come over in person and present his work. I'm pretty sure it was him, but i could be wrong. But yeah, that's what he said, he starts with a solid dark and then works all the lights back into it, amazing stuff. The reason i post it now is due to the fact that i stupidly forgot his name, so it was kinda hard to find his work by description, but i managed. Feel retarded for loosing most of my notes from back then, i had tons of interesting artists written down. btw, of any of his books listed on amazon, do you know if any of them are any good? They all are by different authors, his own book seems to be out of print and fairly outdated.

that cowboy painting was always a favorite of mine.... as well as another painting where eskimos meet bedouins in a swirl of white snow/desert sand ...
    Haha, the cowboy one is the one i remembered best for some reason, that and the one with a guy headbutting a section of a wall, can't find it though.
    This one with eskimos/bedouns is pretty damn cool, i haven't seen it before.