Sketchbook: Keepiru's Sketchbook: For a good time, scroll down...reeew

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Keepiru's Sketchbook: For a good time, scroll down...reeew

Hi everybody,
    Seeing as how I just finished school and a new year is here, I thought I'd scrap the old skechbook thread and start fresh (Thanks to all who commented!). Anyway, as always I welcome critique and criticism, and I hope all of you guys get crunk and have a great new year!
    My Resoloutions...Draw more, post more, find a job!
    Thanks!

-Keeps

And some figure drawings from my class. I tried drawing on all sorts of stuff,( cut up matboard and tracing paper, etc etc) but towards the end of class I fell in love with this cheap brown craft paper. It gets really wrinked and tears very easily, but I thought it was the perfect tone and the right price ($ 0.30/yd.) .These are very large (most are around four feet), so I had to take photos of them. Lighting situations were not ideal, so sorry they are sort of crappy ^_^!

Last edited by Keepiru; May 24th, 2005 at 08:41 AM.
    "You cannot, in today's world, judge a book by its contents" -Jon Stewart
    sketches
    website
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Real great sketches, man. Your figure drawings are the best. Keep workin', great stuff so far.

PS - I love your signature.

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Kerry! whoa, these pages are really hitting the mark. That creature head on the last one is great. It's good to have deadlines, but some of the best work comes when all of the pressure is gone... These look alot more realistic than you others, but still toonish which is cool. It's always awesome when someone can merge the two, but don't let that stop you from going either way.

Man, those figures are great too. She must have loved having you in there, I can't tell if some of those are marker of charcoal?
    Hope you had a good NewYears

"I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

H O O O O O O O O R A H !!!!!

SWEET! you go on yr big brown paper! these rock. glad to see that you have been busy since the 17th!

keepitup kerry!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope everyone had a SWEET time in San Fransciso, I wish I could have gone!

Ian: Thanks for the kind words. Im going to get more figures up soon.
    Kemps-Tron: Thanks, I feel like this huge burden has been lifted from me! I definately have more time to draw, and I finally accepted the fact that I dont really work so well under pressure, which means I need to cut back on the procrastination! Ive got a few cheesy freelance jobs now, but money is money, and Ive got some energy to be creative again ^_^! I want to know how things went in SF, Im not sure when youre getting back, but be expecting a phone call sometime...
    GuggenJoel: Hey thanks! Im still waiting for you to make it up to Kennesaw lol...maybe on your way back to Rome sometime? Hope alls well and that you had a kickass time in the SF. I want to hear all about it! Im so jealous of you ALL!

Anyway, small update from the sketchbook, Ive been having a little bit of trouble with the ol' scanner lately, but I will be posting more soon.

Not so sure whats going on with the head at the right, but whatever
    Some doodles from a story I'm working on about a girl who leads migrations

Anyway, thanks for the repliez again! More updates soon!

-Keeps

sketches
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are really good, but some of your characters eyes look anime like. you had to buy your own drawing materials?

BUNNIES!!< Forget the bombs in your eyes!> BUNNIES!!

"Dane is such a table switching , he's gonna get some weird STD... "Ya a Stupid Table Disease", timing is everything!

http://mengde.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go here why donchya!!

my sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36643

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I especially like your facial expressions. Those are a lot of fun to look at.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    killin' them pages! in a good way of course. SF was crazy-awesome, but alas must be explained in person. I'll give you the jucy details soon.

awesome pages fo' real tho, post some more.

sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everybody!

Mengde: Thanks. I used to be really into anime and draw it all the time, and I still really love some of it, so I'm not sure that the influence will ever totally disappear from my drawings. Im not sure that I want it too, either! Anyway, to answer your question, unfortunately yes, when you go to college you have to pay for freakin everything, hence the brokeness ^_^!

AdamBlack: Thanks a bunch, I'm not too great at drawing crazy action poses, so I think I try to make faces say a lot. That warms my heart! I went to your site too, your drawings are awesome (especially the ship!)

Steak: Thanks, I can't wait to hear about it. Alas, I am having to live with the folks in Kennesaw at the moment until I accumulate some dollas, but I will be in Athens next weekend for my birthday, and we should definately meet for a drink while I'm there. I saw Gabriel snapped a few candid steak-shots, it looked like you guys had a great time.

Anyhooo, another update. Kind of shitty today. Somedays you have it and somedays not, and today was totally an off day. So oh well.

I guess I always thought It would be sweet to ride an ostrich, even though they probably couldn't hold someone up. These are Rheas actually. But they dont have tufts on their heads, that was my own special addition.

A totally nonreferenced sketch, and it shows badly. I am by no means a photoshop expert, but I'm workin real hard at it...here I was trying to get a really narrow focus just on the figure (sort of like some of Sally Mann's photographs), but it didnt come off so well. Plus her hand is, like, way funky. Like I said, its a bit of an off day for me !

-Keeps

Last edited by Keepiru; January 14th, 2005 at 09:26 PM.
    sketches
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okedoke, I found some old figure drawings from the Wed. Workshop that I thought I'd post. The guy sitting next to me asked me if I was a petophile, because I made the model look like a little boy (the heads are too big and I didnt get around to drawing his bits). Well, I dont think I am a petophile, but maybe its subconscious, because its a problem I seem to be having.

and...some randomness

-Keeps

sketches
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

nice

nice, keep it up ...... if i may give some advice....try and use lighter lines.....hope i make sense......keep em comin man !

"your never as good......and your never as bad.....as you think"
    -Sajad

Sajad's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These chacoal life studies are cool,but that fantasy stuff is stronger,keep it going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hey hey

Wow, Keeps, I like what I see. Your style is very unique and I especially like the pix of the girl in the water with the birds flying around, it has a sence of depth and realism some how..yea that's my fav. But I like your fantasy drawings a whole lot, there's something about em...like a dream..or somethng. Very very cool original style. Keep on keepin on.

-Siobhan<><
    Sio's sketchbook #2
    Sio's sketchbook #1

BAM! LookAtThatBaconSizzle!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all!

sajad126:Im not sure I exactly know what you mean, but I will try to be more aware of my lines...I have a tendency to outline things with a heavier line than I should and it makes it look flat. I have been trying to break the habit. Thanks for the crit!

CITIZEN EX: Thanks! Im trying to pump 'em out!

Siobhan:Thank you very much! Ive sort of dawned on this "dreamlike" feel that I was trying to achieve all last semseter with my senior work, and alas my muse came a little late. Better late than never though, and I finally feel like I'm headed in a direction that I like and feel okay about. Thanks for the encouragement!

Anyway, I met with some friends for coffee, and inspired by the group sketches everyone did in San Fran, I thought it would be fun to do a simpler version of that with some exquisite corpses. On a sheet of paper divided into 3 sections of us each drew a body part on one, then folded it over and left lines indicating where the other person should start drawing, but none of us could see what the others had drawn. Anyway, we had 10 mins for each section, and I found the resuts to be pretty funny:

This one is my favorite:
    (In case anyone was curious I did the head, head, and feet(?), in that order. Most of you will recogize Steak-tron's handiwork as well)
    Anyway, here are some more doodles, the first from the coffee group (Mr. Tron so kindly posed for me, although I skewed him up a bit!) and then some silly character stuff I have been working on with some sweet new markers. I am on this headdress kick lately...if you can't tell lol. Enjoy!

-Keeps

sketches
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

haha

I like all the lil swirls you got goin on. The little lizzard doing the girl's hair is a cool idea, you ought to do more with that. very bizzare critter combinations too. Do more!--Sio

-Siobhan<><
    Sio's sketchbook #2
    Sio's sketchbook #1

BAM! LookAtThatBaconSizzle!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's a shame i havent been here before -_-
    your stuff looks great! i love wierd stuff, keep it up.
    i'm gonna visit here at times

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally I update! Finding a job has been taking up much of my time, but I think I my luck may have recently changed with something in Seattle (WOO HOO!) though as you all can tell Im not going to count my chickens before they hatch ^__^! Meanwhile the mural business is far more in demand than I expected, so I have been occupied with that as well. My point is, I havn't had much time to scan and post stuff, sorry for the delay and I appreciate everyone who has checked in, I will try to be more diligent.

Siobhan: Thanks, your comments always seem to point out things I never really think of. Im trying to do more creatures, not really my forte but Im working on it. Thank you for the suggestions.

Jokisalo:Thank you! I like wierdness too...

Anyhoo, a couple of small unfinished skeetches, as always I welcome critique!

I will post more soon! Adios all!

sketches
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A small update...not much to say
    The scan on this was a little crooked, so everything leans to the left a little, but I drew it straight I promise...just too lazy to re-scan I guess

And I have decided to start working on some self portraits. They are hard and it should help me with my observational skills. So here's my first go at it, and I think it came out all right, I just really need to start figuring out what I look like. It seems like so many SP's are just dead-on face shots, looking out into the void. So I tried positioning 2 mirrors, one directly in front of me and one to my right just a little, so I wasn't looking straight out. I think its a little more enigmatic maybe, sort of like the Mona Lisa, just not nearly as good lol.

tell me what ya think!
    -Keeps

sketches
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice SP! I think you could build up the forms more by having the hatching follow the contours, rather than being a bit random.

I really like the expression on the duckbill guy too. OMG BIRDS!!! :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa, I haven't been here in awhile. congrats on graduating. mural business, eh? sounds like it could be fun. I checked out your site and there's some really great stuff that I haven't seen before. I like the animal w/ umbilical (sp?) cords, the narnia, and the massacre photos in particular.
    In the sp it actually looks like you were making the hatch lines conform to the structure per kelly's suggestion, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be more mindful of it. the man w/ bird and curly cane looks a little flat (particularly in the legs) but I think that too can be rememedied if you're more conscious of the directions of your hatch lines.
    but i have to say, your stuff looks better than whatever previous work I saw from you, so keep it up. keep it... ru.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Way to draw it up kerry Keep doing those sp's and you'll be rollin' on dubbs in no time. Platinum dubs yo' and I'm not talking plated.

Cool pages and characters, the only one that bothers me is the falconer. His eyes are located somewhere in his brow line atm. Even if it's stylized that will look funky (unless you put a bloody vacant mass to show that he's missing a brain

Keep it up yo' Good luck on the job hunt.

sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice stuff man, Lovely movement and character in these! I love the really edged outline on some of these, as in it's nice and angular.... if that makes sense.

Great imagination. I look forward to more!
    -Badger-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, for as long as its been since I've updated, I sure dont have much to show for it. The move and work has kept me busy, but Im starting to get into the swing of things and dedicate a little more time to the ol' SB.

Detail....I CAN use Photoshop to color...kinda, sorta...

For a kids book that I'm entertaining the thought of writing...

The rest is pretty much junk stuff lol, Ive been working on character designs and reducing things down to be more charicatures or graphics, so...yeah

Self portrait...sort of. Me and my boy toy...I'm the one with excessive eye makeup wearing all black and smoking. I tried to emplazise the booty...

And something for work...I get mostly design stuff but every now and then an illustration project comes acros my desk and I latch on to it. Go gamecocks...?

Thanks for everyones imput and replies!
    ArtKelly: Im workin on the hatchin', but thats good advice. Thanks! You = Awesome.

Roy: Thanks so much! Getting posts from you always brighten my day. I feel like I have been regressing lately...hopefully youve been more diligent than me, but Ive gotten a little out of shape and Im drifting towards the lower end of my abilities! I need to work it work it.

Kemp-Tron: Thanks, yeah I fell a little short of the SP goal this go around, but Ill motivate myself to get back on it sooner rather than later. I agree with you about the falconer too, its way off. Props to you in San Fran, Massive Black, how awesome are you? The answer is, very.

Badger: Thanks, I try!

Ill try to post more soon. I love you all!

sketches
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I recognize that boy toy.... great draws Kerry. Now i must sleep.......

sketchbook thread
    site

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.