Art: Lowpoly Female W.I.P. <need concept>
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Lowpoly Female W.I.P. <need concept>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lowpoly Female W.I.P. <need concept>

Well, I was refered to you by my friends over at polycount. Here's the situation. Basically, I feel i'm an alright modeler. I can always learn more, but I'm good enough to start producing some player models for Unreal Tournament or the likes. My problem, is that I have very little traditional art skill. I'm working on rekindling the skill, but untill then, it's difficult to flesh out my mental concepts. I have more then enough description, but when I sit down to draw it out, it turns out looking like a 4rth graders handwriting. Aside from critiques on this model, which would be nice. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to let me model some of thier amazing concept art. Or if anyone skilled with traditional media, wanted some of thier works brought to a game or something, I would be willing to work with them. For now, she's art for art's sake. I have a concept for her in mind, but I'll just stick to the base body for now. If anything she'll be a good base for most female meshes I pull out. I'm working on the boobs now, but they seem to be difficult to model in a relaxed pose. Anyway i'm rambling. Crit as needed. And thanks in advance.

*Updated for tonight, more tommorow.

Last edited by painiac; February 15th, 2003 at 10:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your head looks boxey..

dave

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    as far as a crit goes, i think her back is arching foward alittle too earlier and strong, it makes her look like she would walk like a chicken.
    also her head needs to be a bit wider

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The cheeckbones are very defined for a female, I would try to reduce them back. Also the facial structer - females are going to have more of an oval shape face. Also the eyes, they are a bit far apart, and they angle slightly.
    As for the body, I like the exadgeration in the hips, if that's what your going for. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The face is a modeled off of a real person, so it's supposed to look that way. I'll widen it to fit the body proportions better. The lighting also makes it look a bit flatter, once it has hair you'll see what I mean. And not all females have an oval face. The back arch is on purpose. It's for rigging purposes, most artists do this, just not to my extremes. I wanted to make sure she looked well posed durring an athletic animation, so It's based off of a diving board position. Once rigged that arch will be alot smaller in a neutral pose.

Thank you guys for your input, also it may look boxy to this being low polygon. It's not meant for ultra smooth rendering. It's an in-game model. But it does look very good with a meshsmooth added to the stack. No Global Illumination was used in that render, just dome lights.

Last edited by painiac; February 16th, 2003 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by J Bradford
    I like the exadgeration in the hips, if that's what your going for. Keep it up.
    The hips don't look exadgerated to me.. oO
    I was going to comment on her pose but after you explained why she's standing like that i can only say it looks awesome!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.