Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Here's mine. Its not very out there or anything, I basically just opend up Photoshop and started randomly painting. Six would be the 4 gold eyes added to her own, and unnatural would be the eye colors (yeah not that exciting, but oh well). What started out as a mask kinda ended up more as a headdress.

META's WEEKLy DESIGn BOUt

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    nice to see the submissions so far. mine will be along shortly. come on eveeryone, you have until the clock strikes 7 on the west coast. lets see some more!
    meta
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 469 Posts

sorry if the file sizer is too large, can resize it if you guys want

a wizard who wears the mask of the 6 unnatural elements !

great submissions so far guys and gals !

cheers !"!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    goddam, these are looking hot guys!

Hurricane:

Mine will be up in a bit.
    "I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks

This is aswome, oh its Jack Frost possesing someone else

it is so cool to see people posting on time, and good work....

hurricane, wonderfull piece....really feel like the dude is going to mess me up with a spell

Teknobabel- cool portrait...really nice digital painting skills

young paddy1- great drawing....wish you did something with the background, but cool anyways...like I'm the one to talk...

Nike- mrs. queen of victory, what a great name, I really enjoy your piece, did it come to you in a dream?
    Damn You, Damn the Broccolli and Damn the Wright Brothers.

Thanks
    werd. here is mine. not much and not great. it is now somewhat ready for colors. i really wish i had more time to work on it. i just have so much homework to finish up.
    against my better judgement, this is the second concept that i started and i stuck with it. i dont really like it but i had to finish something. it could use a lot of help/tweaking. maybe someday it will be done. shoulda stuck with my first one. blah!

meta
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    great entries everyone... i've had mine done but can't scan it till later tonight ... i guess its up to metaphysics i understand if u don't want me to post but i did spend a great deal of effort into it I tried to push myself... oh well great posts everyone I got to say Hurricane yours blows me away

Edit: so i finally got my scanned and uploaded I was forced to cut the bordering 1 1/8 so i could scan it and even then it was in two pieces, but oh well lots of problems, but i learned alot pushed myself to do more than my first instinct ( no offense to anyone) man w/ more that one bodypart w/ mask on facing viewer knees up.. i tried to do something different... I stayed up till 2 am on sat... that is to say technically sun. to get it done it time ...but couldn't post it... so in that respect I will remove my img/ if meta requests me to do so , no hard feelings

Last edited by Victor B; January 23rd, 2005 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks
    Its great to see everyones work so far, good job everyone! Specially Hurricane, that pic blows me away! And Meta, I love the facemask/tounge in the crotch thing, that made me laugh.

Thanks
    good job everyone.
    steak, go ahead an gets yours up dood.
    next topic will be posted tomorrow at 7.
    for now we will have an impromptu voting system. go ahead an email me or pm me your vote.
    email- ewaldcw@mail1.vcu.edu
    thanks
    meta

this thing is awesome
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    i'm too embarrased after looking at some people work here.. everyone good work! specially hurricane and meta, your stuff is great!

Here you go: the keeper of the armor of 6 masks. (awful title).

it's a sketch. i'm pissed cause i have 2 other similar sketches, and 1 possible lighting study. work and college got in the way the other 2 versions had better proportions, (this one is just the better rendered) well eitherway it was fun! looking forward for the next topic!

greetings!
    GriNGoLoCo
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Sorry this is so late, I'm busy BUT that's no excuse so feel free to scold me as you wish...

Just got my hands on painter, still gotta feel out all of the crazy shit you can do with it. I'm not very happy with it.
    Crit it up fellas

gringoloco: cool intircate pattern on the armour, got some big anatomy issues tho. Check those legs and makes sure the guy can stand on em'

vctr: image is pretty small dude, but from here I'd say beware the outline, makes stuff flatten a little. I could comment better If i could see it.

meta: awesome pic dude, great realistic tech strikes a cord with me. Those legs are real solid too, looks like the exist in space. My first impression tho is that it's cramped in the box, the tech assembly stops at the image border making a box sillohette. Composition isn't always sooo important to me but in this case it's influencing your design.

hurricane: great piece man! You always get the most out of your colors and I love the detail. My only crit is that maybe the idea on unatural elements (the 6) could be pushed more - pretty minor issue tho.

teknobabel: nice design, I really like the six eyes idea. The large eyes bug me a little, the one closest to the viewer looks a little out of place.

jack frost: great monster man. finish it up a little and it'd be a good pic.

-- I thought it'd be a good idea if we each crit eachother with our posts, so no hard feelings , on that note let me have it.. -
    "I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 271 Posts
    late as hell as always..
    Its still unfinished cause i wasnt feeling confident with it.texas chainsaw influenced,i dunno just a pretty uninspired day today couldnt come up with anything original..

quick thumbnail sketch..
    ..unfinished sketch..

Jack Frost ...welldone sketch Jack,sum tonal work wouldve polished it off nicely..
    Nike ...It started of good untill you tryed to hard to make the keywords obvious in your picture,kinda ruined it.still i like it though.
    young paddy1 ...Robo cop mask just dosent work 4 me here,but it still works..
    Teknobabel ...pose maybe a little lifeless but its still all good,nice idea with the 6 eyes.
    hurricane ...beautiful dude,i love everything about this one,skillful use of lighting in this one.
    metaphysiks ...looking good so far captain,the number 6 feels i little corney though..cant wait to see it coloured.
    vctr ...The scan a little small man,take care with where and how you lay your line work down,it looks a little too uniform throughout.
    GriNGoLoCo ...maybe a little to heavy with your linework,really sort the drawing out b4 you commit to laying the ink down,itll save you many headaches.
    steak-tron ...Stunning stuff Kemp,your a future player in tha game,no doubt...the rushed orange surrounding the figure ruins it for me,the leathery look you did on that one makes me cry tears of joy ..

Welldone to everyone.

...Jace.

Thanks
    great job everyone. not bad for the first crack at this. i can see now that in time this will be a truly great thread, lets keep pushin.

jack- i think the forms in your piece are solid. the arms look real nice. i would have liked to see you jump in there and render it out. i love characters with six arms, maybe a sort of fetish.
    nike- this piece is very surreal. my only gripe is that it is hard to tell that the thing plugged in is the neck of that mask, if thats even right. it would be great to see you go into that a little more.
    young paddy1- i like the idea. his pose is a little stiff but you can re-work that. i love how he has the masks on his belt. maybe if you could bring more attention to that. why not make him a real samurai, is there any reason why he is a cyborg?
    tekno- great start, would love to see where you go with it. i like the idea of the different eye colors.
    hurricane- i love the color and texture. the face is rendered nicely too. i had a little trouble picking up on the six, but it doesnt ruin the piece.
    meta- crap.
    vctr- i wish it were bigger buddy. i really cant see much but from what i can see it looks like you put a lot of time into it. blow it up some.
    gringo- i like the traditional media. the marker rendering is cool. i would like to see a more finished product.
    steak- for you first time in painter i must say that you are grabbing it quick. the leather looks great and the subtleties of the "six" is real nice. good to have you aboard.
    rusty- hey man i know all about being uninspired. look at my entry. i like where you were going with yours, very creepy. would love to see it done.

thanks everyone for the crits and hard work. i will post the new topic tonight at 7.
    after tabulating the votes, it has come to be that HURRICANE is the winner for last weeks topic. congrats hurricane, in the grand scheme of things your piece became the first page of this book. please send me a high res copy of your piece.
    see you guys tonight!
    meta
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Thanks for the crits guys I really enjoyed this session alot

Jack Frost: I like it alot I just wish you could've finished at least the other leg it would have taken you only a min and it would give the pic a more finished look

Nike- nice work I enjoyed it certainly unusual perhaps just a bit more work on the clock to make it look like a clock it looks just like the idea of a clock more than an actual clock itself although i understand you were pressed for time.

Young Paddy1- I like the idea alot my 2 major crits are I wish you would've worked a bit more on making the masks on his belt stand out without just scracthing in the white & the green skin color ( metal color) isn't pleasing me too much but like i said love the idea great stuff

Teknobabel- Great original stuff My crits would just be that i think the skin colors looking a bit bland right now maybe inject some more color into her skin and the only other thing i think her eyes could be done a bit better . Overalll really nice thou!

Hurricane- MY favorite piece and i guess everyone else's too no real crit except what had been said previously that the "six" isn't imedieatly visible but i got it. Really amazing piece!

Meta- really cool piece thats some nice tech you got going there only crit I feel the torso anatomy could be better also would've loved to see some color on this! but as with all of us understand no TIME

GringoLoco- nice piece markers are a nice touch , crits it does some a bit busy and the proportion / anatomy really does bring down the piece remeber get those down before you render! perhaps you could post the other 2 with better proportions ?

Steak- really nice piece probably my secound favorite it looks really nice for someone who just got painter! only crit is wish it was more finished the figure is great as is wish there was some backround on it thou.

Rusty- fantastic and Thanks for posting your thumbnail I only wished you could've finished as right now the masks on the finished piece is virtually not there

Overall great stuff guys, thanks for the great crits I will look out for that I apologize for the tiny scan it was resized when i uploaded oh well nway I took some quick digicam pics if anyone wants to take a look, if anyone was wondering about my pic the "unusual" the boy on the left his feet arn't touching the ground.... and there's a bunch of kids in a forrest and the middle girl is wearing a lions mask... and the horrizons don't line up... Ithink thats it I think... theirs six kids and the mask well is easy to see.. also at bottom of pic is supposed to be a creek but by the time i got to it was tired and it was rendered horribly also boy is spacially supposed to be on top of rock closer to the viewer.. lots of room for improvement so its back to the drawing board for me!.... oh and feel free to check out my sketchbook i'll be upt today!

Thanks
    doh! sorry guys, i completley forgot about this one, i was busy working on my thunderdome peice and playing my DS ^-^

i'll make it for this weeks one, i promise
    nide entries all, hurrican awesome man, congrats

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast